Welcome, Guest Login
You must login or register to post.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 
NEW - Sub-Galleries for Storefront Organization (Read 23005 times)
Mindy_artist
artist

Re: NEW - Sub-Galleries for Storefront Organizatio
Reply #45 - May 10th, 2011, 2:50pm

Quote from Doreen_137017 on May 6th, 2011, 6:53pm:
How about a View All Cards link like Zazzle has a View All Products?  That would give shoppers the opportunity to view the store as it is today so to speak OR browse our sub-categories.

Yep, All Cards now does just that.  Smiley  Working on a link that will take them back to sub-galleries.

Quote from Doreen_137017 on May 6th, 2011, 6:53pm:
... Based on the emails that I receive for sales, 90% of those sales were originated outside of my store, either browsing GCU categories, search engines brought them to that card in the GCU marketplace or they purchased through one of GCU's other sites.  That tells me that the majority of the sales I make are not customers who browsed through my shop.

BINGO!  

Email   IP Logged
Mindy_artist
artist

Reply #46 - May 10th, 2011, 2:52pm

Quote from Tom_133317 on May 7th, 2011, 3:50am:
Yes, I too see merit in these subgalleries.  One very helpful aspect would be a hide/unhide option for each subgallery module, set by the artist.  This way we can organize our cards over time and "bring them out to show" as needed - such as having one like "Top-shelf Graduation cards."  

noted  Smiley  ie: online/offline or active/inactive  Roll Eyes

Email   IP Logged
Mindy_artist
artist

Reply #47 - May 10th, 2011, 2:57pm

Quote from Doreen_137017 on May 9th, 2011, 4:57pm:
Quote from Peggy_137160 on May 9th, 2011, 7:50am:
Mindy, I have a question ...

using as an example my Father's Day cards.  It's a series (same card design, different breeds) - and for some cards I used two categories ... for others I used different categories (all relevant, but this expanded my potential for views under multiple categories).

So ... in creating a Father's Day SubGallery - I am only drilling down to the Father's Day category under Holidays.  Does this REPLACE the categories I've chosen for individual cards, or is the SubGallery Category entirely different from the Card Categories?

Second Point:  I too would like to see uncategorized cards still appear on my storefront for two reasons:
(1) for shoppers to find easily when visiting my shop and
(2) to help ME know which cards are still needing to be assigned a category!

Thank you!

Excellent question Peggy!

Surely these categories we are assigning for our own store ARE IN ADDITION TO the Marketplace categories and don't affect those in any way??!!??!!

First, correct, TOTALLY unrelated and do not impact categories in any way...  Use care with the name which is Sub-GALLERIES vs sub-categories.  

Secondly, we've recently made the >> all cards link take shoppers back to the traditional Product Gallery so all your cards will be present there.  And...we are working on a way for you to see which cards are not yet in a sub-gallery.  

Email   IP Logged
Judy_139270
Gold Member
artist

Reply #48 - May 10th, 2011, 2:57pm

Has anybody set up their storefront in categories yet so that we can see how it will look?

Email   IP Logged
Mindy
GCU Administrator
Community Manager

Reply #49 - May 10th, 2011, 3:00pm

Quote from Peggy_137160 on May 10th, 2011, 6:45am:
another question, in addition to my previous post ...

can we custom arrange the cards within a subcategory?

Not at this time...the sort options available to you per sub-gallery in the dropdown are:
most popular
least popular
newest
oldest

Email   IP Logged
Mindy
GCU Administrator
Community Manager

Reply #50 - May 10th, 2011, 3:03pm

Quote from Judy_139270 on May 10th, 2011, 2:57pm:
Has anybody set up their storefront in categories yet so that we can see how it will look?

Hi Judy,
I have done so in my demo store as a sample:
http://artist.greetingcarduniverse.com/DanvilleTribute

Email   IP Logged
Judy_139270
Gold Member
artist

Reply #51 - May 10th, 2011, 3:30pm

Thank you, Mindy - it's always good to see what we're aiming for!

The trouble with reorganising things on the online is that the internet doesn't have an 'early closing day' or 'weekend' when you can experiment! Grin

When I decided to organise my Zazzle store into categories, I did it in one day but it took me 17 hours and even then I had to go to bed and leave some of the items to 'move' to their new homes overnight!

Email   IP Logged
Mindy
GCU Administrator
Community Manager

Reply #52 - May 10th, 2011, 3:56pm

Quote from Judy_139270 on May 10th, 2011, 3:30pm:

The trouble with reorganising things on the online is that the internet doesn't have an 'early closing day' or 'weekend' when you can experiment! Grin

When I decided to organise my Zazzle store into categories, I did it in one day but it took me 17 hours and even then I had to go to bed and leave some of the items to 'move' to their new homes overnight!

Understand ... the beauty and the curse at the same time... 24x7.   We're going to play around with Tom's suggestion of having subgalleries "offline" so not only can you experiment with them but manage / rotate them throughout the year.  Not sure how doable this will be ... will be based on the programming efforts.

Email   IP Logged
Doreen_137017
Gold Member
artist

Reply #53 - May 10th, 2011, 4:06pm

Quote from Mindy on May 10th, 2011, 3:56pm:

Understand ... the beauty and the curse at the same time... 24x7.   We're going to play around with Tom's suggestion of having subgalleries "offline" so not only can you experiment with them but manage / rotate them throughout the year.  Not sure how doable this will be ... will be based on the programming efforts.

Though I'm not a fan of Cafepress, I mention them only because they use this feature with our sub-galleries and maybe the coding can be looked at by your programmers?

Email   IP Logged
Mindy
GCU Administrator
Community Manager

Reply #54 - May 10th, 2011, 4:36pm

Quote from Doreen_137017 on May 10th, 2011, 4:06pm:
Quote from Mindy on May 10th, 2011, 3:56pm:

Though I'm not a fan of Cafepress, I mention them only because they use this feature with our sub-galleries and maybe the coding can be looked at by your programmers?

thanks Doreen  Smiley

Email   IP Logged
Peggy_137160
Gold Member
artist

Reply #55 - May 10th, 2011, 4:46pm

Quote from Mindy on May 10th, 2011, 3:00pm:

Not at this time...the sort options available to you per sub-gallery in the dropdown are:
most popular
least popular
newest
oldest

I'd like to vote for a custom sort in subgalleries be on a wish-list.  That will definitely keep me from using sub-cats right now ... for example, I like to pepper my regular Happy Birthday Series cards with individual (different) HB designs (breaks up the monotony and keeps those unique designs in view).

Thank you for the quick answers to all the questions!

Email   IP Logged
Doreen_137017
Gold Member
artist

Reply #56 - May 10th, 2011, 6:24pm

Quote from Peggy_137160 on May 10th, 2011, 4:46pm:
Quote from Mindy on May 10th, 2011, 3:00pm:

most popular
least popular
newest
oldest

I'd like to vote for a custom sort in subgalleries be on a wish-list.  That will definitely keep me from using sub-cats right now ... for example, I like to pepper my regular Happy Birthday Series cards with individual (different) HB designs (breaks up the monotony and keeps those unique designs in view).

Thank you for the quick answers to all the questions!

I agree!  Not having the ability to arrange these sub-galleries to show which 10 you want on your storefront to draw attention to is troublesome.  I have never found those sort options to be very helpful, so it would be wonderful to add this to the wish list.  Being able to arrange each sub-gallery like we do the Featured with a drop and drag.

Email   IP Logged
Evelyn_142919
artist

Reply #57 - May 11th, 2011, 12:03am

Peggy and Doreen -

I third that. Our sub galleries could end up looking pretty monotonous if only like cards are showing.  Shocked

Email   IP Logged
Cherie_131661
artist

Reply #58 - May 11th, 2011, 5:37am

www.greetingcarduniverse.com/Cheries_Art

Added one sub-category, Photo Cards, by newest, but they are showing up by oldest right now. Maybe it's just taking a while to change....as I didn't sort by newest on the first try.

The main product gallery is not being seen now.  

Featured cards are set to show five.

I'll check on this later, thank you!

Cherie

Email   IP Logged
Cherie_131661
artist

Reply #59 - May 11th, 2011, 6:06am

Quote from Cherie_131661 on May 11th, 2011, 5:37am:
www.greetingcarduniverse.com/Cheries_Art

Added one sub-category, Photo Cards, by newest, but they are showing up by oldest right now. Maybe it's just taking a while to change....as I didn't sort by newest on the first try.

The main product gallery is not being seen now.

Featured cards are set to show five.

I'll check on this later, thank you!

Cherie

Tried adding another sub-category, tried several times to add by pid#, to no avail, will only show the last card (I added five by pid#, used spaces between).

I tried to change the order by new, that isn't working for me either.  

I'll try all of this again, later, thanks!

Email   IP Logged

About Us     Artists     Artist FAQ     Blog     Card Sellers     Contact Us     Content Disclaimer     Forum     Paper Card Categories     Privacy Policy     Shopper FAQ     Holidays 2011

Click to verify BBB accreditation and to see a BBB report.                        
© Copyright 2000- Greeting Card Universe - Powered By Bigdates-Solutions.com   

GCU Forum » Powered by YaBB 2.1!
YaBB © 2000-2005. All Rights Reserved.