You must login or register to post.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Hello GCU World! (Read 7537 times)
Corrie_131338
Gold Member

Re: Hello GCU World!
Reply #30 - May 6th, 2009, 2:26am

Hi Felix and welcome!

We've been following GCU's Twitter for a while (since it started)... nice to see new tweets!

Corrie (cfkaatje on Twitter)
http://www.corrieweb.nl

Email   IP Logged
barbara_133221
Gold Member
artist

Reply #31 - May 6th, 2009, 2:31am

Hi Felix, Smiley
Welcome to GCU!  
Your ideas sound great! But I have to confess: I'm absolutely not social-networking savy: I'm not much of a blogger, let alone a twitterer ...... But everything that directs traffic to GCU and our cards is great.
Wishing you lots of fun doing all those networking things  Smiley
cheers, barbara

Email   IP Logged
Neva_136472
artist

Reply #32 - May 6th, 2009, 6:42am

Hi Felix!  

"Social Portal"  sounds interesting.  

Here's what I'm finding about GCU and there was a forum discussion about this the other day and I hope I got the message correct and to sum it up in a nutshell, the more card makers that join and the more cards that are posted in GCU, the harder it's going to be to sell your product.  I just can't see customers looking through streams and streams of cards to find that special card so ANYTHING that would help each card store get a chance for people to see their cards would be a big help.  

I  look forward to hearing your ideas.  Welcome to GCU! Wink

Email   IP Logged
Pamela_135500
Gold Member
artist

Reply #33 - May 6th, 2009, 7:09am

Hi Neva,
You have a valid point. Smiley I believe that is why there is such an effort by the reviewers and admin on making specific cards for specific categories since the general categories are so large. That said there seem to be some problems to be worked out with the new category set-up's right now. If they can get that straightened out and Felix's new ideas in motion. I think all will benefit.

Pamela

Email   IP Logged
Sherry_Holder_137060
GCU Newbies
artist

Reply #34 - May 6th, 2009, 7:27am

I've been looking for a way to post individual cards on a Squidoo lens or Facebook. I don't see a way, am I overlooking something?

Email   IP Logged
Alda_133805
artist

Reply #35 - May 6th, 2009, 9:08am

Hi Felix! Welcome. Sounds wonderful!!

Email   IP Logged
Audrey_132599
artist

Reply #36 - May 6th, 2009, 9:09am

Nice to meet you Felix. Welcome to GCU! Hope you enjoy it here.

Your plans should help us all create more sales.

Thank you!

With blessings
~Audrey

Email   IP Logged
Janie_133125
artist

Reply #37 - May 6th, 2009, 9:19am

Welcome, Felix! I'm looking forward to hearing more details! Smiley

Email   IP Logged
Felix_136769
Ex Member

Reply #38 - May 6th, 2009, 9:31am

Quote from Neva_136472 on May 6th, 2009, 6:42am:
Hi Felix!  

"Social Portal"  sounds interesting.  

Here's what I'm finding about GCU and there was a forum discussion about this the other day and I hope I got the message correct and to sum it up in a nutshell, the more card makers that join and the more cards that are posted in GCU, the harder it's going to be to sell your product.  I just can't see customers looking through streams and streams of cards to find that special card so ANYTHING that would help each card store get a chance for people to see their cards would be a big help.  

I  look forward to hearing your ideas.  Welcome to GCU! Wink

Great point that you make, and i would like to highlight a bit on some things if I was not clear. Twitter and ANY SOCIAL MEDIAL that is creating for GCU is for the consumer end, I'm creating Promo's and expanding our network to our buyers. If traffic comes to our website and wants to become Artist, then that is a different issue, but my motives are to create more traffic for sales. This will be a bit more clear once we start playing with a few different things. if you ware curious to see what kind of topics are being posted on Twitter check out www.twitter.com/GCUniverse  

Have a good Wed!  

Felix  

IP Logged
Picture_131439
artist

Reply #39 - May 6th, 2009, 12:59pm

Welcome to GCU!  I read about GCU and Facebook (or was it Myspace) a while back, I think in Internet Retailer maybe.  What I read sounded like a good idea.  I'm all for GCU expanding into social networking to drive sales, since I don't have the time for all of that myself!

Email   IP Logged
candace_131548
artist

Reply #40 - May 6th, 2009, 2:07pm

Hello and welcome! Great idea to get GCU's name out there this way. Glad Mindy and Shaun have some extra help now that GCU has grown so much.

Candy (graphicdoodles on Twitter)

Email   IP Logged
Louise_136028
artist

Reply #41 - May 15th, 2009, 11:18am

Welcome to GCU.  My computer went up a few weeks ago so I havent been able to make any cards or even check on my site at all (I'm at the Library as we speak)...it was only then that I realized how important this GCU stuff has become in my life.

I truly enjoy making the cards and I swear every time I make a sale - I feel like I've won the lottery -  

I have been using my photos to make cards at home for family and friends for years.....and of course they always say nice things  - AND they certainly know better than to complain when they ask me to make 30 birthday invitations by tomorrow.....etc...   u know - they're family - they are supposed to be nice

BUT - I have got to tell you - the PRIDE that I feel when a complete stranger from who knows where - sees something I've created and likes it so much that they actually buy it - Well - there is no better feeling in the world!!!!  

it's like I am telling myself - "WOW! - I really can do this" - and it feels awesome each and every time somebody says something nice about my pictures or buys a card - I just love it!!!!!!

before this - I seriously never considered myself 'creative' at all - and I would have been embarassed to call myself an "Artist"  

NOT ANY MORE!!!!!  Now, I am not just a nurse - I am an Artist, a photographer, a Registered Nurse, a mother of 3, ... AND  my self - esteem is just off the charts !!!!!    

So - Thank u - it is humbling and amazing all tied together - I am actually excited to see what will happen next!!!!

SO, anyway - guess I can cancel my therapy session for this week! LOL!!! Welcome - and thanks to u all for making this such a great place!!

Louise      

Email   IP Logged
Catherine_136771
artist

Reply #42 - Jun 2nd, 2009, 5:40am

Felix, I just started following GCU on Twitter.  I see some fellow GCU artists on there.  How does a GCU artist get followed or at least be able to interact with GCU's Twitter?

Email   IP Logged
Ernestine_131365
Gold Member
artist

Reply #43 - Jun 2nd, 2009, 9:12pm

Catherine-

Just start "following" folks you recognise on the GCUtwit and they're bound to join you!  Wink  Check your Twitter. . . you should already have some new followers.

'e'

Email   IP Logged
Sue_132963
Gold Member
artist

Reply #44 - Jun 2nd, 2009, 10:53pm

Hi Felix and Welcome to GCU.   kiss
I'm not sure I understand how Twitter will help us gain business here (but I did just sign up.)  Is it merely another avenue on which to get noticed by the search engines?
At any rate, I'm sure we all appreciate your talents and efforts on our behalf!
Sue

Email   IP Logged

About Us     Artists     Artist FAQ     Blog     Card Sellers     Contact Us     Content Disclaimer     Forum     Paper Card Categories     Privacy Policy     Shopper FAQ     Holidays 2011

Click to verify BBB accreditation and to see a BBB report.                        
© Copyright 2000- Greeting Card Universe - Powered By Bigdates-Solutions.com   

GCU Forum » Powered by YaBB 2.1!
YaBB © 2000-2005. All Rights Reserved.