Welcome, Guest Login
You must login or register to post.

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 15 
NEW - Custom Front Cards / Photo Cards & Text (Read 44827 times)
Judy_139270
Gold Member
artist

Re: NEW - Custom Front Cards / Photo Cards & Text
Reply #195 - Sep 16th, 2011, 6:01am

Quote from Mindy on Sep 8th, 2011, 2:23pm:
Quote from Doreen_137017 on Sep 6th, 2011, 6:39pm:
Hi Mindy,

I do have one additional question; I tried a couple weeks ago to use this new process for a text only customization and it allowed me to do this on one card, then from that point it demanded I create an area for a photo - which this card did not have - so I'm guessing the one that got through was a fluke.

Is this customization without photo now something we can do?  I love the idea because it gets rid of the need for a ton of cards with people's names on them and allows us to change those cards we currently offer as personalized by custom request with no further effort on our part Smiley

Just need to know if this part of the programming is now online . . . thanks in advance for your answer.

Hi Doreen,
This will be coming at a later date - custom fronts w/o photo cards.

Just wondering. . . when this next move comes about, would you advise us to change our existing age-specific/person specific cards so that the customer can customise them, or just leave them as they are and make the new ones customisable?

Email   IP Logged
Penny_134243
Gold Member
artist

Reply #196 - Sep 16th, 2011, 12:13pm

Hello, everyone!

I would like to make a suggestion that, I hope, will help us in adding text to our cards:

Would it be possible to add an outline, much like the print/margin preview page, to the card creation page?  That way we can see exactly where the bleed and trim lines are and that would make it so much easier to determine how much space we have to work with in placing the custom text box.

After I make a card, I do go back and look at the print/margin preview page, just to make sure, but it would be a step saver if we had this tool on the card creation page.

Just as a tip to anyone interested:  I've been adding elements which I use as visual clues to outline where I want my text to be.  Say, I have a flower on one side and my signature on the other.  If I know that the bottom of the flower and edge of my signature are at the 'red dotted line' on the template, I can add my text box between those two elements and be fairly certain that it's in the right place.  Then of course, I double check it in the preview.

Just a suggestion.

Thanks,

Penny Smiley

Email   IP Logged
Joan_135833
Gold Member
artist

Reply #197 - Sep 16th, 2011, 12:19pm

Quote from Penny_134243 on Sep 16th, 2011, 12:13pm:

I would like to make a suggestion that, I hope, will help us in adding text to our cards:

Would it be possible to add an outline, much like the print/margin preview page, to the card creation page?  That way we can see exactly where the bleed and trim lines are and that would make it so much easier to determine how much space we have to work with in placing the custom text box.

Yes, please!

Email   IP Logged
Penny_134243
Gold Member
artist

Reply #198 - Sep 16th, 2011, 12:22pm

Thanks, Joan!

Smiley

Email   IP Logged
Mike_154103
GCU Newbies
artist

Reply #199 - Sep 16th, 2011, 12:34pm

Quote from Penny_134243 on Sep 16th, 2011, 12:13pm:

Just as a tip to anyone interested:  I've been adding elements which I use as visual clues to outline where I want my text to be.  Say, I have a flower on one side and my signature on the other.  If I know that the bottom of the flower and edge of my signature are at the 'red dotted line' on the template, I can add my text box between those two elements and be fairly certain that it's in the right place.  Then of course, I double check it in the preview.

Very smart tip, Penny...Thanks!  
Cindy

Email   IP Logged
Sheryl_133470
Gold Member
artist

Reply #200 - Sep 16th, 2011, 12:46pm

It would be really nice to have a grid available over the photo card, so it would be easier for us to  

line up the text boxes.  Smiley

Sher

Email   IP Logged
Penny_134243
Gold Member
artist

Reply #201 - Sep 28th, 2011, 1:43pm

Hello!

Not to be a total pain -- partial pain is what I'm striving for -- could we please, possibly, if it's not too much trouble, have some guides for placing our text boxes?

Please?

There might be a peanut butter cookie in it for you.

Thanks for reading,

Penny Smiley

Email   IP Logged
Cherie_131661
artist

Reply #202 - Sep 29th, 2011, 5:37am

It'd be even better if my photo image would stay there too! As soon as I click on my image it disappears. So, I have to guess where my placeholder image goes, I have to guess where my text goes ... is this happening to anyone else?

Email   IP Logged
Penny_134243
Gold Member
artist

Reply #203 - Sep 29th, 2011, 6:12am

Quote from Cherie_131661 on Sep 29th, 2011, 5:37am:
It'd be even better if my photo image would stay there too! As soon as I click on my image it disappears. So, I have to guess where my placeholder image goes, I have to guess where my text goes ... is this happening to anyone else?

Hi, Cherie,

I'm not having any disappearances, thankfully, but I know that others have mentioned this issue, too.  You're not alone.

Penny Smiley

Email   IP Logged
Norval_132688
Gold Member
artist

Reply #204 - Sep 29th, 2011, 7:44pm

Quote from Sheryl_133470 on Aug 8th, 2011, 12:31pm:
Diana, Try this in photoshop...
When you pull your image into photoshop it becomes the first layer.  That layer is not editable!
Make a copy of that layer so your copy is now on layer two.
Turn the eye piece off on the original (first layer)
Next highlight the second layer again and use the Rectangle Marquee tool to draw out a rectangle over your image.
Once that is highlighted... hit the delete key.
You should see the gray and white boxes where you've deleted your rectangle.

Once you are done with this image, merge the layers together.
Then go to File - Save As
Name your new design and then go down to the Format box
Select the drop down arrow in the Format box and then scroll down until you see the png option
Select the png option and then Save your design in your designated folder.

I hope this helps.
Sher

Thank You for these very clear instructions Sheryl.  I am not doing photo cards but this is the information that I needed to do 'T' shirts.  I could never figure out what I was doing wrong  Grin.

Email   IP Logged
Sheryl_133470
Gold Member
artist

Reply #205 - Sep 29th, 2011, 7:55pm

Glad to know my directions for saving images as a png file helped you Norval!    Good luck with your t-shirts.  Hope you sell tons of them. Smiley

Sher

Email   IP Logged
Doreen_137017
Gold Member
artist

Reply #206 - Sep 29th, 2011, 8:04pm

Quote from Norval_132688 on Sep 29th, 2011, 7:44pm:
Quote from Sheryl_133470 on Aug 8th, 2011, 12:31pm:
Diana, Try this in photoshop...
When you pull your image into photoshop it becomes the first layer.  That layer is not editable!
Make a copy of that layer so your copy is now on layer two.
Turn the eye piece off on the original (first layer)
Next highlight the second layer again and use the Rectangle Marquee tool to draw out a rectangle over your image.
Once that is highlighted... hit the delete key.
You should see the gray and white boxes where you've deleted your rectangle.

Once you are done with this image, merge the layers together.
Then go to File - Save As
Name your new design and then go down to the Format box
Select the drop down arrow in the Format box and then scroll down until you see the png option
Select the png option and then Save your design in your designated folder.

I hope this helps.
Sher

Thank You for these very clear instructions Sheryl.  I am not doing photo cards but this is the information that I needed to do 'T' shirts.  I could never figure out what I was doing wrong  Grin.

Sher's instructions are just perfect . . . I want to clarify one little thing when you Merge the layers, MERGE VISIBLE, this will ensure your transparent spot stays that way if you have other layers you forgot about open  Grin

Email   IP Logged
Mindy
GCU Administrator
Community Manager

Reply #207 - Oct 14th, 2011, 3:36pm

Quote from Judy_139270 on Sep 16th, 2011, 6:01am:
Quote from Mindy on Sep 8th, 2011, 2:23pm:
Quote from Doreen_137017 on Sep 6th, 2011, 6:39pm:
Hi Mindy,

I do have one additional question; I tried a couple weeks ago to use this new process for a text only customization and it allowed me to do this on one card, then from that point it demanded I create an area for a photo - which this card did not have - so I'm guessing the one that got through was a fluke.

Is this customization without photo now something we can do?  I love the idea because it gets rid of the need for a ton of cards with people's names on them and allows us to change those cards we currently offer as personalized by custom request with no further effort on our part Smiley

Just need to know if this part of the programming is now online . . . thanks in advance for your answer.

Hi Doreen,
This will be coming at a later date - custom fronts w/o photo cards.

Just wondering. . . when this next move comes about, would you advise us to change our existing age-specific/person specific cards so that the customer can customise them, or just leave them as they are and make the new ones customisable?

Text only Custom Front cards are now ready for you to create!  You'll go through a similar process as you have for photo cards just without the transparent areas and placeholder photos.  

To answer Judy's question, no we do not recommend you change your existing cards (like age specific series) to the new style.  Keep what you have and just create more new designs.  One leg up your non-custom text designs have is more control and a wider range of fonts.  

We'll post this announcement also in it's own bulletin.

Email   IP Logged
Judy_139270
Gold Member
artist

Reply #208 - Oct 14th, 2011, 3:49pm

Wow! Super, great, triffic!  Smiley

Thanks, Mindy!

(One further question, am I right in thinking these can be jpegs or do they also need to be .png files?)

Email   IP Logged
Mindy
GCU Administrator
Community Manager

Reply #209 - Oct 14th, 2011, 3:56pm

Quote from Judy_139270 on Oct 14th, 2011, 3:49pm:
Wow! Super, great, triffic!  Smiley

Thanks, Mindy!

(One further question, am I right in thinking these can be jpegs or do they also need to be .png files?)

Good question!  Yes you are right, they can be JPEGS.

Email   IP Logged

About Us     Artists     Artist FAQ     Blog     Card Sellers     Contact Us     Content Disclaimer     Forum     Paper Card Categories     Privacy Policy     Shopper FAQ     Holidays 2011

Click to verify BBB accreditation and to see a BBB report.                        
© Copyright 2000- Greeting Card Universe - Powered By Bigdates-Solutions.com   

GCU Forum » Powered by YaBB 2.1!
YaBB © 2000-2005. All Rights Reserved.