Welcome, Guest Login
You must login or register to post.

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 14 15 
NEW - Custom Front Cards / Photo Cards & Text (Read 44637 times)
Kathleen_137290
artist

Re: NEW - Custom Front Cards / Photo Cards & Text
Reply #180 - Sep 8th, 2011, 11:10am

I am not sure if this is where you would like request for photo card category changes.  You have added many new photo card categories since I made my old photo cards and would like them added to a second appropriate category.

Please add grandparents day photo cards 472902, 472904, 472905 to second category: collections>photo cards/your picture here>grandparents day.

Please let us know if this is the appropriate place to request these changes or should we use the Category Help thread?

Thanks so much.
Kati  

Email   IP Logged
Doreen_137017
Gold Member
artist

Reply #181 - Sep 8th, 2011, 11:32am

Quote from Sheryl_133470 on Sep 8th, 2011, 10:53am:
I just created two new photo cards and they defaulted into my Private Gallery.  Aren't they suppose to show Status Pending-Submitted instead?

I love that you are offering these new customizable photo cards.  Smiley  Thank you for adding this new feature to GCU.

Sher

This is a bug that was noted somewhere here yesterday Sher.  Just send an email to the reviewers with the PID and let them know so they can be sure it gets into the review queue.

Email   IP Logged
Card_Review_Team
artist

Reply #182 - Sep 8th, 2011, 11:55am

Hi, Joan!
Please recheck your PID for this card and send to cardreview@greetingcarduniverse.com
This PID is for another artist's card.

Thanks!
Reviewer 443

Quote from Joan_135833 on Sep 8th, 2011, 9:59am:
My card # 830013 somehow missed the transition from private to public; I'd be most grateful to have it become a public item.

I noticed that clicking on the Photo Cards navigation button (top right) goes to the old photo cards page, with several categories and examples of cards in the now old style, requiring artist intervention. Hovering over that same button shows a menu of five up-to-date categories. Will a ". . . more card categories" choice also be added there, as it is in all the other categories across the top navigation bar? I think it might give the impression that there are only five groups of photo cards otherwise.

Thanks very much.

Email   IP Logged
Card_Review_Team
artist

Reply #183 - Sep 8th, 2011, 11:59am

Yes, as Doreen said below, please send the PIDs via an email to cardreview@greetingcarduniverse.com if your photo card is flagged "Private" vs "Public". Please place "Photo Card/Public" (without the quotation marks) in the subject line.

Thanks!
Reviewer 443

Quote from Doreen_137017 on Sep 8th, 2011, 11:32am:
Quote from Sheryl_133470 on Sep 8th, 2011, 10:53am:
I just created two new photo cards and they defaulted into my Private Gallery.  Aren't they suppose to show Status Pending-Submitted instead?

I love that you are offering these new customizable photo cards.  Smiley  Thank you for adding this new feature to GCU.

Sher

This is a bug that was noted somewhere here yesterday Sher.  Just send an email to the reviewers with the PID and let them know so they can be sure it gets into the review queue.

Email   IP Logged
Sheryl_133470
Gold Member
artist

Reply #184 - Sep 8th, 2011, 12:02pm

Thank you Doreen and Reviewer 443.  Smiley  I appreciate your help.

Sher

Email   IP Logged
Sheryl_133470
Gold Member
artist

Reply #185 - Sep 8th, 2011, 12:14pm

Has anyone else noticed that there seems to be a difference in size with the photo card dimensions on the site being slightly larger than the 1500 x 2100 size we use when we design our cards?  When I upload my 1500 x 2100 png photo file to the site, there is a hair line of the transparent background showing along the side of my cards.  Then when I put a place holder image behind my png file and it extends beyond the edges of my card design, there is an odd bit of the place holder photo showing along the side of my card.  

Sher

Email   IP Logged
Joan_135833
Gold Member
artist

Reply #186 - Sep 8th, 2011, 12:45pm

Quote from Card_Review_Team on Sep 8th, 2011, 11:55am:
Hi, Joan!
Please recheck your PID for this card and send to cardreview@greetingcarduniverse.com
This PID is for another artist's card.

Thanks!
Reviewer 443

Quote from Joan_135833 on Sep 8th, 2011, 9:59am:
My card # 830013 somehow missed the transition from private to public; I'd be most grateful to have it become a public item.

I noticed that clicking on the Photo Cards navigation button (top right) goes to the old photo cards page, with several categories and examples of cards in the now old style, requiring artist intervention. Hovering over that same button shows a menu of five up-to-date categories. Will a ". . . more card categories" choice also be added there, as it is in all the other categories across the top navigation bar? I think it might give the impression that there are only five groups of photo cards otherwise.

Thanks very much.

Ah, yes, that 0 is right next to the 9 on the keyboard; funny thing about that. Thank you, will do as advised!

Email   IP Logged
Mindy
GCU Administrator
Community Manager

Reply #187 - Sep 8th, 2011, 1:01pm

Quote from Kathleen_137290 on Sep 8th, 2011, 11:10am:
I am not sure if this is where you would like request for photo card category changes.  You have added many new photo card categories since I made my old photo cards and would like them added to a second appropriate category.

Please add grandparents day photo cards 472902, 472904, 472905 to second category: collections>photo cards/your picture here>grandparents day.

Please let us know if this is the appropriate place to request these changes or should we use the Category Help thread?

Thanks so much.
Kati  

Either a note to the review team with details or posting on the thread for misplaced cards here:  http://www.greetingcarduniverse.com/forum/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1237234887

Email   IP Logged
Mindy
GCU Administrator
Community Manager

Reply #188 - Sep 8th, 2011, 2:23pm

Quote from Doreen_137017 on Sep 6th, 2011, 6:39pm:
Hi Mindy,

I do have one additional question; I tried a couple weeks ago to use this new process for a text only customization and it allowed me to do this on one card, then from that point it demanded I create an area for a photo - which this card did not have - so I'm guessing the one that got through was a fluke.

Is this customization without photo now something we can do?  I love the idea because it gets rid of the need for a ton of cards with people's names on them and allows us to change those cards we currently offer as personalized by custom request with no further effort on our part Smiley

Just need to know if this part of the programming is now online . . . thanks in advance for your answer.

Hi Doreen,  
This will be coming at a later date - custom fronts w/o photo cards.

Email   IP Logged
Oma_132016
artist

Reply #189 - Sep 8th, 2011, 4:22pm

Just wanted to thank Mindy and the GCU team for giving us this great opportunity to expand our portfolio and greeting card range.

THANK YOU ALL!!! WE KNOW HOW HARD YOU GUYS WORK!!!

I knew that the Custom Front Cards would be a great seller.....I've just sold my very first one about an hour ago!

Oma.

Email   IP Logged
Sheryl_133470
Gold Member
artist

Reply #190 - Sep 8th, 2011, 4:57pm

Congratulations Oma on selling your first photo card.  It is a really cute card by the way.  That is just the start of some big sales.  Smiley

Sher

Email   IP Logged
Oma_132016
artist

Reply #191 - Sep 8th, 2011, 7:08pm

Thanks Sheryl,

I'm sure that I'm not the only one who's had sales in the Photo Card department. There are so many amazing designs. I'm sure you'll post your first sale soon too!  

Oma.

Email   IP Logged
Mindy
GCU Administrator
Community Manager

Reply #192 - Sep 9th, 2011, 2:07pm

We have made the correction to the process for new Custom Front cards to no longer be auto-set for Private but to Pending-Submitted. Thank you for your patience and for the review team making all of the requested moves!

Email   IP Logged
Cindy_152495
Gold Member
artist

Reply #193 - Sep 11th, 2011, 11:37am

Quote from Card_Review_Team on Aug 11th, 2011, 7:44am:
Hi, all,

To answer some questions that have been presented here:

Photo cards can be placed in one photo card subcategory (in fact, one category *must* be a photo card) and either another photo card category or a "regular" category. So, a Christmas photo card with a snow man can be placed in either:
Holidays >> Christmas >> Photo Cards / Your Picture Here >> General
AND
Collections >> Photo Cards / Your Picture Here >> Christmas
OR
Holidays >> Christmas >> Photo Cards / Your Picture Here >> General
AND
Holidays >> Christmas >> Snowmen / Snowwomen
The choice is up to the artist.

If your cards aren't where you'd like them, please let us know by putting a message in
The thread for all found misplaced cards!!! under the Category Help forum. Please be sure to include the card PID and which category you want added/changed.

Photo cards, until Sept 1, are placed in the Private gallery. A reviewer goes through these cards each day. You will only receive a note from us if we make a change or need you to make an adjustment. Otherwise, no notification will be sent.

I hope I've answered all your questions. Please let us know if you have any other concerns.

Regards,
Reviewer 443

This is good to know.    I haven't received notices in my email that this thread has been updated (only found out from a link Corrie had in her "Before & After" photo card article), so I have a LOT of reading to do today.  lol

Thanks,
Cindy

Email   IP Logged
Cherie_131661
artist

Reply #194 - Sep 12th, 2011, 5:46am

OOoops, well, one of mine went in there, it's still showing up in my Private Cards section!

Thank you!

Cherie

Email   IP Logged

About Us     Artists     Artist FAQ     Blog     Card Sellers     Contact Us     Content Disclaimer     Forum     Paper Card Categories     Privacy Policy     Shopper FAQ     Holidays 2011

Click to verify BBB accreditation and to see a BBB report.                        
© Copyright 2000- Greeting Card Universe - Powered By Bigdates-Solutions.com   

GCU Forum » Powered by YaBB 2.1!
YaBB © 2000-2005. All Rights Reserved.