Welcome, Guest Login
You must login or register to post.

Pages: 1 2 
Coronavirus COVID-19 cards (Read 2428 times)
Mindy
GCU Administrator
Community Manager

Coronavirus COVID-19 cards
Mar 17th, 2020, 5:38pm

First we would like to send a message of support and concern to all of our artists to be safe and healthy. We find having an entire artist community of mobile workers and online shoppers comforting in a time of chaos.  GCU HQ employees are working remotely.  And as of today, our printing partners are still in production. Of course, conditions can change from one day to the next.  

Not to make light of a very serious situation, but levity goes a long way in easing anxiety, stress, and worry.  This may also be a good creative outlet for artists to express your support, perspective, compassion, frustrations, humor, etc.  

An interesting read:
https://www.wired.com/story/coronavirus-memes-humor/

We'd like to put a call out for any cards that are Coronavirus themed.  They all should reside here that will serve as a catch-all category.  Shoppers will find them via search so your keywords and titles will be key:
Collections >> Health Awareness >> Coronavirus / COVID-19

Consider occasions like Get Well, Miss You, Thinking of You, Birthday, Anniversary, hygiene awareness, quarantine, social distancing, TP shortage ... you name it.

Please use good taste, submissions found to be offensive or racist will not be approved.  

Submit these cards for FastTrack review and add a Note to Reviewer "Wanted Cards request on Forum".  

Thank you, stay safe and healthy!  

Email   IP Logged
Betsy_145102
Gold Member
artist

Re: Coronavirus COVID-19 cards
Reply #1 - Mar 17th, 2020, 5:59pm

Thank you, Mindy, for this!  
 My husband asked me today if I could create cards for this situation. My school is closed but being food service we and the bus drivers are making meals to be distributed to the children in our community. I wasn't sure if it was appropriate to make cards for this but now I feel better about it. Since the restaurant I work at is closed for weeks I was excited to have more time to work on cards.  
I hope everyone is happy and safe and keeping the faith!

Email   IP Logged
CAROL_243890

Reply #2 - Mar 17th, 2020, 6:14pm

Thanks, Mindy,
I had thought about this too, but like you Betsy, I wasn't sure if it was in poor taste. I'd made a list of ideas and titles, but I thought to myself, I shouldn't profit from other peoples hardship, on the other hand, I'd love to get a card in the post to just say thinking of you. Happy to do it now.
I'm single and live alone, be lost without whats app and the internet.

I was thinking of buying cards and sending to all my neighbours, though I only know about 3.

From Ireland ... on a very very different Paddy's day, take care everyone.

Carol x

Email   IP Logged
Sharon_437040
GCU Newbies

Reply #3 - Mar 18th, 2020, 4:02am

Thank you, Mindy.  I have been thinking about this for a few days but was unsure in which direction to go.  This info is very helpful!  Stay healthy!

Sharon Dominick Photography Greeting Cards:
http://www.greetingcarduniverse.com/sdominick
Email   IP Logged
Bruce_244612

Reply #4 - Mar 18th, 2020, 6:59am

Hi Mindy,

I created two COVID-19 humor cards last week that were approved. I'd appreciate it if your team could relocate them to the proper new category.  Thanks!  

http://artist.greetingcarduniverse.com/community/my_cards.asp?pid=1604798

http://artist.greetingcarduniverse.com/community/my_cards.asp?pid=1604818

Bruce

Email   IP Logged
Gail_137747
artist

Reply #5 - Mar 18th, 2020, 7:32am

Hi Mindy,
I also have two COVID-19 cards that need to be moved to the proper category: 1605852 and 1605768. I'm wishing everyone health and peace during this difficult time.
Thanks,
Gail

Email   IP Logged
Mindy
GCU Administrator
Community Manager

Reply #6 - Mar 18th, 2020, 1:33pm

Quote from Bruce_244612 on Mar 18th, 2020, 6:59am:
Hi Mindy,

I created two COVID-19 humor cards last week that were approved. I'd appreciate it if your team could relocate them to the proper new category.  Thanks!

http://artist.greetingcarduniverse.com/community/my_cards.asp?pid=1604798

http://artist.greetingcarduniverse.com/community/my_cards.asp?pid=1604818

Bruce

Consider them moved!  Take care!

Email   IP Logged
Mindy
GCU Administrator
Community Manager

Reply #7 - Mar 18th, 2020, 1:34pm

Quote from Gail_137747 on Mar 18th, 2020, 7:32am:
Hi Mindy,
I also have two COVID-19 cards that need to be moved to the proper category: 1605852 and 1605768. I'm wishing everyone health and peace during this difficult time.
Thanks,
Gail

Consider them moved.  Take care!

Email   IP Logged
Mindy
GCU Administrator
Community Manager

Reply #8 - Mar 18th, 2020, 1:35pm

Quote from Betsy_145102 on Mar 17th, 2020, 5:59pm:
Thank you, Mindy, for this!
My husband asked me today if I could create cards for this situation. My school is closed but being food service we and the bus drivers are making meals to be distributed to the children in our community. I wasn't sure if it was appropriate to make cards for this but now I feel better about it. Since the restaurant I work at is closed for weeks I was excited to have more time to work on cards.
I hope everyone is happy and safe and keeping the faith!

I love this news about meal distribution!  Thank you for helping in your community Smiley

Email   IP Logged
Mindy
GCU Administrator
Community Manager

Reply #9 - Mar 18th, 2020, 1:36pm

Quote from CAROL_243890 on Mar 17th, 2020, 6:14pm:
Thanks, Mindy,
I had thought about this too, but like you Betsy, I wasn't sure if it was in poor taste. I'd made a list of ideas and titles, but I thought to myself, I shouldn't profit from other peoples hardship, on the other hand, I'd love to get a card in the post to just say thinking of you. Happy to do it now.
I'm single and live alone, be lost without whats app and the internet.

I was thinking of buying cards and sending to all my neighbours, though I only know about 3.

From Ireland ... on a very very different Paddy's day, take care everyone.

Carol x

Happy quiet St. Paddy's.  You have a wonderful group of artists to "chat" with too!

Email   IP Logged
Mindy
GCU Administrator
Community Manager

Reply #10 - Mar 18th, 2020, 1:37pm

Quote from Sharon_437040 on Mar 18th, 2020, 4:02am:
Thank you, Mindy.  I have been thinking about this for a few days but was unsure in which direction to go.  This info is very helpful!  Stay healthy!

Excellent,  we look forward to your submissions.  Stay safe.

Email   IP Logged
Mindy
GCU Administrator
Community Manager

Reply #11 - Mar 18th, 2020, 1:38pm

Glad to hear from you all and that we're all on the same page.  Certainly many reasons to reach out during this time with humor or a simple "take care of yourself" sentiment.  

I'm seeing on Facebook many parents with sad children who are celebrating their birthdays while in shelter in place home isolation.  Elderly friends / family members would probably appreciate a hello and note of reassurance.  Thank you cards for meals / groceries delivered. Etc.  

Virtual hugs to you all and stay healthy & safe.  

Email   IP Logged
Betsy_145102
Gold Member
artist

Reply #12 - Mar 18th, 2020, 2:43pm

Thank you, Mindy!
 We and volunteers assembled 200 breakfasts and 200 lunches that were delivered by bus and available for pickup on our first day! I imagine our numbers will increase as word gets out! It has been very challenging to coordinate the whole operation but everyone did an amazing job and we will continue to keep on keepin' on as long as needed!

Email   IP Logged
Betsy_145102
Gold Member
artist

Reply #13 - Mar 18th, 2020, 3:07pm

Bruce, My husband and I love your "Just roll with it" card! Great job!

Email   IP Logged
Cherie_131661
artist

Reply #14 - Mar 19th, 2020, 5:50pm

Quote from Mindy on Mar 18th, 2020, 1:38pm:
Glad to hear from you all and that we're all on the same page.  Certainly many reasons to reach out during this time with humor or a simple "take care of yourself" sentiment.  

I'm seeing on Facebook many parents with sad children who are celebrating their birthdays while in shelter in place home isolation.  Elderly friends / family members would probably appreciate a hello and note of reassurance.  Thank you cards for meals / groceries delivered. Etc.

Virtual hugs to you all and stay healthy & safe.  

PERFECT!  
So very glad to see this and will do my best to create for this, a little care and kindness can mean the world to someone!

Well wishes for everyone here and all artists!

Cherie

Email   IP Logged

About Us     Artists     Artist FAQ     Blog     Card Sellers     Contact Us     Content Disclaimer     Forum     Paper Card Categories     Privacy Policy     Shopper FAQ     Holidays 2011

Click to verify BBB accreditation and to see a BBB report.                        
© Copyright 2000- Greeting Card Universe - Powered By Bigdates-Solutions.com   

GCU Forum » Powered by YaBB 2.1!
YaBB © 2000-2005. All Rights Reserved.