Welcome, Guest Login
You must login or register to post.

Pages: 1 2 
Hemophilia Month, World Day & Encouragement (Read 4240 times)
Mindy
GCU Administrator
Community Manager

Hemophilia Month, World Day & Encouragement
Jan 27th, 2015, 2:45pm

requested by a shopper ...

"we are looking for cards to recognize National Hemophilia Awareness Month (March) and other related days / occasions and encouragement cards"

The shopper will find these cards here respectively:
Collections >> National & International Days >> National Hemophilia Month  
Collections >> National & International Days >> World Hemophilia Day - April 17
Occasions >> Get Well / Feel Better >> Hemophilia*

*Please note encouragement cards should go in the above Get Well / Feel Better subcat for now.  "Get Well" of course is not a suitable message for this bleeding disorder but encouragement cards are and get well / feel better for / during a time of a major bleed are fitting.  Please do your research before creating cards for this request.

To expedite the review of any of these cards please check "Fast Track Review" on the Card Image Details page when you create your card.              

Consider using Stock Card Creations to create new cards quickly, these cards are automatically set for expedited review so no need to Fast Track.

« Last Edit: Feb 10th, 2015, 2:49pm by Mindy »  
Email   IP Logged
Myrna_134142
artist

Re: Hemophilia Month, World Day & Encouragemt
Reply #1 - Jan 27th, 2015, 4:51pm

Please take the time to look at mine!  Stock Image in my private gallery.

Email   IP Logged
Madeline_288528
GCU Newbies

Reply #2 - Jan 28th, 2015, 11:54am

Hi Mindy I just posted these 2 cards.  Smiley for this shopper.

Product Id: 1357258  - Submit Date: 01/28/15  - Status: Pending-FastTrack  
Product Id: 1357254  - Submit Date: 01/28/15  - Status: Pending-FastTrack  

Thanks Mindy  
Madeline

Email   IP Logged
Myrna_134142
artist

Reply #3 - Jan 29th, 2015, 9:56am

Oops my card didn't make GCU standards, but I liked it, so I found a similar image on pixabay and put it on Zazzle.  

Email   IP Logged
Sherry_222657

Reply #4 - Jan 29th, 2015, 1:49pm

Mindy, here's one for National Hemophilia Awareness Month. PID#1357526  It's Fast-Tracked.

Email   IP Logged
Sherry_222657

Reply #5 - Jan 29th, 2015, 2:41pm

Here's one for World Hemophilia Day. PID#1357564  It is Fast-Tracked.

Email   IP Logged
Sherry_222657

Reply #6 - Jan 29th, 2015, 3:10pm

Ok, let's try again. Not sure why blood is not appropriate for a Hemophilia Card, but here are two others. PID#1357564 & 1357576. Maybe these will work. Also changed the inside wording.

Email   IP Logged
Sherry_222657

Reply #7 - Jan 29th, 2015, 3:11pm

I totally get you Myrna. My first one was declined for the same reason.

Email   IP Logged
Sherry_222657

Reply #8 - Jan 29th, 2015, 6:05pm

Here's another one PID#1357602

Email   IP Logged
Myrna_134142
artist

Reply #9 - Jan 29th, 2015, 6:30pm

Sherry, my image was an archery target with a bullseye, that said Aim High, April 17th,   the target was red, maybe that is why they did not like it.  (blood)

The inside, a quote from Abraham Lincoln, "The best thing about the future is that it comes one day at a time".
Also to tie everything together, the inner verse mentioned,    April 17th Hemophilia Day

It was a very simple card with a positive message, but for some reason I have not been having any luck with stock images.  Since I enjoy doing these so much, I will continue, it is good therapy for me.  LOL!   Wink

Good luck Sherry on your images.

Email   IP Logged
Sherry_222657

Reply #10 - Jan 29th, 2015, 7:18pm

Myrna, maybe it's the fact that an archery target has nothing to do with Hemophilia. Just a guess. They didn't like my blood either.  undecided

They said mine with blood drops and a small pool of it was "a little to visually graphic." It also said the pertinent things and the words, "Stop the Blood." That's what hemophilia is, drop after drop after drop of blood. It won't stop! I'm sure anyone with the illiness would understand. Oh well. I changed the card some and added a few more. We'll see what happens with the new ones.

Email   IP Logged
Myrna_134142
artist

Reply #11 - Jan 30th, 2015, 8:40am

I am sure you are correct Sherry as well as the reviewers when they decide.  My thinking when I choose the target was Hemophilia the "target"; "Aim High" the words are positive, geared to the sufferer, and the quote was to take one day at a time.  Bullseye meaning best shot, symbolic but was missed by the review team.  

Looking at the images that were chosen I wonder, what a cat-like creature has in common with Hemophilia or Superman, unless the hero is the Doctor, for sure.  Doctor's are heroes, unfortunately my card was geared toward the sufferer, not the healer of Hemophilia.  

Anyway, like you, I am not going to do my card over.  Usually I agree with the review team, this time I don't.  

Thanks for your attention.  Again I hope your card gets approved, you are working overtime on it.  I can't wait to see the end product.

Email   IP Logged
Rosemary_205093

Reply #12 - Jan 30th, 2015, 1:00pm

Really difficult topic to design for.  Here's mine: 1357734

Email   IP Logged
Sherry_222657

Reply #13 - Jan 30th, 2015, 6:12pm

Thanks, Myrna. I've got five now that I had to tweak slightly and hope they will soon be approved. With luck they'll be available in a day or so and will show up in the New Cards.

Email   IP Logged
Mindy
GCU Administrator
Community Manager

Reply #14 - Feb 3rd, 2015, 2:56pm

We have charged our reviewers to be quite critical with card submissions for sensitive issues.  As always but even more so here, imagery and verse must be relevant, strongly connected and appropriate.

When this is the case I typically include in the Wanted post "please do your research".

I myself have reviewed these submissions and agree with the reviews.  

A few related notes on this request ...

- clearly blood is quite relevant but should be avoided in a "gory" depiction
- Stop the Blood would be more appropriate as Stop the Bleeding

I'll share when choosing an image (there are many to be inspired by via Stock Card Creations) it is key to focus on a single theme to make the image relevant.  Combining sentiments of aim high, one day at a time, best shot are all different messages that don't necessarily make the image "work".  Ultimately a focused connection between image and verse will resonate the strongest with the occasion and shoppers.  

Sometimes so many ideas come to mind it is hard to choose just one but this is what will best serve your card.    

Email   IP Logged

About Us     Artists     Artist FAQ     Blog     Card Sellers     Contact Us     Content Disclaimer     Forum     Paper Card Categories     Privacy Policy     Shopper FAQ     Holidays 2011

Click to verify BBB accreditation and to see a BBB report.                        
© Copyright 2000- Greeting Card Universe - Powered By Bigdates-Solutions.com   

GCU Forum » Powered by YaBB 2.1!
YaBB © 2000-2005. All Rights Reserved.