Welcome, Guest Login
You must login or register to post.

Question about "Wanted: new cards" (Read 1363 times)
vicky_132049
GCU Newbies
artist

Question about "Wanted: new cards"
Sep 2nd, 2014, 9:22pm

How long is the fast-tracking period when there is a request for a type of card? Is it just a few days, a while, any specific rule? I don't remember this coming up before and couldn't find anything about it. Thanks.. Smiley

Email   IP Logged
Doreen_137017
Gold Member
artist

Re: Question about "Wanted: new cards"
Reply #1 - Sep 3rd, 2014, 8:06am

I don't think there is a specific rule.  I've always thought it 'taking advantage' if I submitted to a 'wanted card' thread via fast track more than 60-days after the request.  After all at that point the requested shopper has made their choice and the category, if newly created, has cards it in by that point.

But, that's just my own rule of thumb  Smiley

Email   IP Logged
Mindy
GCU Administrator
Community Manager

Reply #2 - Sep 3rd, 2014, 3:07pm

We set requesting shoppers' expectations that new cards will be ready for their consideration within 48 hours ... so yes, any submissions a week or even a handful of days after the original posting are unlikely to be timely candidates for the shopper.  

Beyond that time frame (a week) new submissions really have lost their need for a speedy review and the use of Fast Track is really unnecessary.  

There is still value in adding cards for the request to offer future shoppers with similar needs a variety of choices - but the urgency of a speedy review is no longer.

Email   IP Logged
vicky_132049
GCU Newbies
artist

Reply #3 - Sep 4th, 2014, 2:36am

Makes sense. I was thinking maybe the requests meant there was an overall shortage of cards in that category, but it doesn't mean that necessarily, or that more cards are needed. Thanks, Mindy and Doreen!

Email   IP Logged
Mindy
GCU Administrator
Community Manager

Reply #4 - Sep 4th, 2014, 12:29pm

Quote from vicky_132049 on Sep 4th, 2014, 2:36am:
Makes sense. I was thinking maybe the requests meant there was an overall shortage of cards in that category, but it doesn't mean that necessarily, or that more cards are needed. Thanks, Mindy and Doreen!

Sometimes we will post a general need for more cards in a given category.  When this is the case we'll typically include a note in the post and indicate if you should use Fast Track or not.  Typically these call for more cards requests will NOT say ... "from a shopper".

Hope that helps!  

Email   IP Logged
vicky_132049
GCU Newbies
artist

Reply #5 - Sep 4th, 2014, 6:29pm

Yes thanks!

Email   IP Logged
Mique_253214
GCU Newbies

Reply #6 - Sep 18th, 2014, 7:33pm

Hi, where can I found the requests for new cards for september? txs, kind regards, Mique

Email   IP Logged
Lj_135293
Gold Member
artist

Reply #7 - Sep 18th, 2014, 7:49pm

Hi Mique - Right here - right where you are only the whole category vs: just this post page of it.

>  http://www.greetingcarduniverse.com/forum/yabb2/YaBB.pl?board=request

Forum - Wanted - Requests -  

The Lj Maxx Greeting Card Store:
http://www.greetingcarduniverse.com/LjMaxx
Email   IP Logged

About Us     Artists     Artist FAQ     Blog     Card Sellers     Contact Us     Content Disclaimer     Forum     Paper Card Categories     Privacy Policy     Shopper FAQ     Holidays 2011

Click to verify BBB accreditation and to see a BBB report.                        
© Copyright 2000- Greeting Card Universe - Powered By Bigdates-Solutions.com   

GCU Forum » Powered by YaBB 2.1!
YaBB © 2000-2005. All Rights Reserved.