Welcome, Guest Login
You must login or register to post.

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... 15
NEW - Custom Front Cards / Photo Cards & Text (Read 44986 times)
Myrna_134142
artist

Re: NEW - Custom Front Cards / Photo Cards & Text
Reply #120 - Aug 10th, 2011, 3:21pm

Same problem, I use Paint Shop pro 7 and had to search out instructions on the internet to figure out how to.

Found this one for you:  http://coreldraw.com/forums/p/11829/83921.aspx

Email   IP Logged
Kathy_131728
Gold Member
artist

Reply #121 - Aug 10th, 2011, 3:42pm

Quote from Diana_131887 on Aug 10th, 2011, 2:41pm:
Yes -at least that's what mine did. Ok'd as private -so not pending.

BUT I wonder if the fall/winter seasonal designs get automatically sorted in a way that the National KIOSK retailer can select our designs. Hm-m-m all very mysterious.

Thanks Diana.  I was wondering if I did something wrong because my pending was not increasing.  Sounds like that is happening to everyone.  About your question, I am sure the retailer will be able to do a sort on the products once they get approved, but not sure how they will see them before approval.  I feel confident that the powers that be (GCU) have this all figured out though.

Happy creating!

Email   IP Logged
Oma_132016
artist

Reply #122 - Aug 10th, 2011, 4:04pm

Myrna,

You're a God-send!!! I think I figured it out...I guess I'll have to wait and see if it passes the review and gets approved problem free!!!

Again, thank you so much for your advice.

Oma

Email   IP Logged
Myrna_134142
artist

Reply #123 - Aug 10th, 2011, 7:05pm

Oh oh, I  just re-read Mindy's instruction on the first page, she suggests when we create these photo cards we put them in both categories, those for "photo" and the other Category "Season Greeting", well I only put them in "photo" and just now when I tried to edit the category to put them in the "Season Greeting" it will not allow an edit.  No edit after approval, but I was never notified that these front photo cards were approved yet, so therefore I should still be able to edit.  Right or am I wrong?

Someone!

Email   IP Logged
Doreen_137017
Gold Member
artist

Reply #124 - Aug 10th, 2011, 7:19pm

Quote from Myrna_134142 on Aug 10th, 2011, 7:05pm:
Oh oh, I  just re-read Mindy's instruction on the first page, she suggests when we create these photo cards we put them in both categories, those for "photo" and the other Category "Season Greeting", well I only put them in "photo" and just now when I tried to edit the category to put them in the "Season Greeting" it will not allow an edit.  No edit after approval, but I was never notified that these front photo cards were approved yet, so therefore I should still be able to edit.  Right or am I wrong?

Someone!

Somewhere in one of these posts, we were notified that the category editing ability and showing the keywords after creation are two areas that don't seem to be working.  They don't plan on fixing these two issues until the push for 8/15 calms down I imagine.  I wouldn't worry too much about it right now.  Make yourself a note and once this system goes live, send an email to the reviewers with the card PID's and ask them to place in the 2nd category.  I'm sure they would be happy to do that for you Smiley

Email   IP Logged
Kathy_131728
Gold Member
artist

Reply #125 - Aug 10th, 2011, 7:45pm

Quote from Myrna_134142 on Aug 10th, 2011, 7:05pm:

Someone!

Myrna,  
I too wanted to change a category after I submitted, but was unable to.  I understand this function is not available.
I am a little confused about what category these should go in as they could easily go into Collections--Photo Cards--Christmas and also Holidays--Christmas--Photo Cards and also another Christmas category.   I am hoping the reviewers will just put them in the category GCU wants them in to speed up the process...pretty please!  
Does anyone know how long the expedited review time is taking on these cards?  I got a late start and was just wondering.
Thanks

Email   IP Logged
Diana_131887
Gold Member
artist

Reply #126 - Aug 10th, 2011, 7:57pm

I know  - I did the same thing I believe I have it in the phot category but not the seasons greetings or did I put it under christmas phot cards -either way I can't go back in and check or change as it's OK under private. So I hope mine is someplace where it can be found to be selected. Very confusing.

Doreen didn't see your post about this problem yes - I'll do as you suggest. Very sensible.

Email   IP Logged
Sandy_132125
artist

Reply #127 - Aug 11th, 2011, 3:37am

Yea it's good to see this coming into fruition! Can.t wait to play with it!!

Email   IP Logged
Card_Review_Team
artist

Reply #128 - Aug 11th, 2011, 7:44am

Hi, all,

To answer some questions that have been presented here:

Photo cards can be placed in one photo card subcategory (in fact, one category *must* be a photo card) and either another photo card category or a "regular" category. So, a Christmas photo card with a snow man can be placed in either:
Holidays >> Christmas >> Photo Cards / Your Picture Here >> General  
AND
Collections >> Photo Cards / Your Picture Here >> Christmas  
OR
AND
Holidays >> Christmas >> Snowmen / Snowwomen  
The choice is up to the artist.

If your cards aren't where you'd like them, please let us know by putting a message in  
The thread for all found misplaced cards!!! under the Category Help forum. Please be sure to include the card PID and which category you want added/changed.

Photo cards, until Sept 1, are placed in the Private gallery. A reviewer goes through these cards each day. You will only receive a note from us if we make a change or need you to make an adjustment. Otherwise, no notification will be sent.  

I hope I've answered all your questions. Please let us know if you have any other concerns.

Regards,
Reviewer 443

Email   IP Logged
Doreen_137017
Gold Member
artist

Reply #129 - Aug 11th, 2011, 8:07am

Quote from Card_Review_Team on Aug 11th, 2011, 7:44am:
Hi, all,

Photo cards can be placed in one photo card subcategory (in fact, one category *must* be a photo card) and either another photo card category or a "regular" category. So, a Christmas photo card with a snow man can be placed in either:
AND
OR
AND

If your cards aren't where you'd like them, please let us know by putting a message in
The thread for all found misplaced cards!!! under the Category Help forum. Please be sure to include the card PID and which category you want added/changed.

Photo cards, until Sept 1, are placed in the Private gallery. A reviewer goes through these cards each day. You will only receive a note from us if we make a change or need you to make an adjustment. Otherwise, no notification will be sent.

I hope I've answered all your questions. Please let us know if you have any other concerns.

Regards,
Reviewer 443

Thank you 443!  Its been a crazy week for me and getting to the computer to create in time for the 15th has been a struggle...am I to understand that I can work my fanny off this w/e on these cards and they will be in the running for the Kiosk on the 15th?  Assuming they aren't full of errors of course  Grin

Email   IP Logged
Card_Review_Team
artist

Reply #130 - Aug 11th, 2011, 8:31am

Hi, Doreen!

If you're asking will the review process keep these cards from being seen by the Kiosk company on the 15th, no, it won't. This is a special procedure and cards are essentially approved automatically until we go over them and ask for adjustments, if needed. As an artist, I would go through my photo cards and make sure everything is absolutely perfect. This is an important opportunity for artists and the shining stars (cards) will benefit.  

Reviewer 443

Quote from Doreen_137017 on Aug 11th, 2011, 8:07am:
Hi, all,

AND
OR
AND

Regards,
Reviewer 443

Thank you 443!  Its been a crazy week for me and getting to the computer to create in time for the 15th has been a struggle...am I to understand that I can work my fanny off this w/e on these cards and they will be in the running for the Kiosk on the 15th?  Assuming they aren't full of errors of course  Grin

Email   IP Logged
Doreen_137017
Gold Member
artist

Reply #131 - Aug 11th, 2011, 8:45am

Thank you for the clarification, makes me feel better!  I'm trying to go over mine with a fine-tooth-comb, so hopefully there won't be any mistakes  Grin

Email   IP Logged
Kathy_131728
Gold Member
artist

Reply #132 - Aug 11th, 2011, 10:55am

Hi, all,

AND
OR
AND

Regards,
Reviewer 443

Thank you so much 443 for taking the time to answer our questions.  You have really cleared things up for me. Smiley

Email   IP Logged
Oma_132016
artist

Reply #133 - Aug 13th, 2011, 2:38pm

I have a question for the review team...

I just submitted 2 cards for review because I'm not sure if I'm doing them correctly. I only got one response. Does this mean that I enter both submissions in the wrong format???

Oma.

Email   IP Logged
Sandy_132125
artist

Reply #134 - Aug 18th, 2011, 7:51am

Morning Mindy,
I have been creating some photo cards. I created one for  football team picture. Is it possible to have some stock images of different sprts teams for our photo cards. Thank you so much!!
Sandy
ps I added this one with two of the only sport looking pic 854224

Email   IP Logged

About Us     Artists     Artist FAQ     Blog     Card Sellers     Contact Us     Content Disclaimer     Forum     Paper Card Categories     Privacy Policy     Shopper FAQ     Holidays 2011

Click to verify BBB accreditation and to see a BBB report.                        
© Copyright 2000- Greeting Card Universe - Powered By Bigdates-Solutions.com   

GCU Forum » Powered by YaBB 2.1!
YaBB © 2000-2005. All Rights Reserved.