Welcome, Guest Login
You must login or register to post.

Pages: 1 2 
How does one become a member instead of a newbie? (Read 4868 times)
Rebecca_140932
Gold Member
artist

How does one become a member instead of a newbie?
Oct 17th, 2010, 3:21pm

I have been here for just a little while and have asked others how you become a junior member, full member and so on, instead of a newbie. But, no one has yet to tell me. Does anyone know? If so, how? I would love to know this because I do not like being listed as a newbie. I would love to be a real part of this team of artists. I love this place!  Smiley

Email   IP Logged
Sue_132963
Gold Member
artist

Re: How does one become a member instead of a newb
Reply #1 - Oct 17th, 2010, 3:33pm

Oh honey, you are a real part of this team!  The newbie thing is just by the number of posts you put in the forum.  Some of us more gabby people rise up through the stars more quickly than others... But it really is no status symbol... Just depends on how much and how often you speak up in the forum.  

Email   IP Logged
_144026
GCU Newbies
artist

Reply #2 - Oct 17th, 2010, 3:41pm

I was wondering the same thing! I'm fairly new here too.  Roll Eyes

Email   IP Logged
Sheryl_133470
Gold Member
artist

Reply #3 - Oct 17th, 2010, 3:49pm

Hi Rebecca, as Sue mentioned, you are definitely a part of this team of artists!   Smiley

The Newbie title is identified here in the forum by the number of postings you've made.   Each time you post in the forum, it will tally the number of postings.  Then once you reach a certain number, the Newbie title will change.  

Sher

Email   IP Logged
Rebecca_140932
Gold Member
artist

Reply #4 - Oct 17th, 2010, 4:36pm

Thank you so much! So, I just need to be more involved in what is going on around here. That's good to know. I will do!   I love you guys.  kiss

Email   IP Logged
Gillean_137778
artist

Reply #5 - Oct 17th, 2010, 9:51pm

I went from a newbie to a junior member last week so I think it's 50 or 60 posts.  It's quite common on forums to grade members by numbers of posts, it's built into the software.

Gillean

Email   IP Logged
Gillean_137778
artist

Reply #6 - Oct 17th, 2010, 9:52pm

well obviously 50 if that was 56 - quick post something else as you're at 49!  Grin

Email   IP Logged
Randall_140313
Gold Member
artist

Reply #7 - Oct 18th, 2010, 7:46am

Yes, it is 50.  After that it's 100, then somewhere around 2-300 to be a 'senior', although i'm having one of those moments, then 500.  Only us real 'bag of winds' will make it to a thousand or more!  Shocked    Grin

Don't worry, just keep promoting your store and informing us of your card sale milestones and you'll be well past a newbie!

Best,  Randy

Email   IP Logged
Randall_140313
Gold Member
artist

Reply #8 - Oct 18th, 2010, 8:13am

Actually I'm wrong on the 1000 level,  I think you turn senior at 250 or 300, gold at 500 and after that it's past 1000 and you're still gold.  So don't know if there's a level after that.  maybe you take Mindy's job as 'Administrator'?   Grin
I saw the breakdown somewhere and can't remember where it was, but I wouldn't worry 'newbies'!  50 is just around the corner and if you just post here a few times a week as you should with questions and informing us of your many sales, you'll be ex-newbies.  One drawback, after that you can't ask stupid questions!   Grin
Best,  Randy

Email   IP Logged
Rebecca_140932
Gold Member
artist

Reply #9 - Oct 18th, 2010, 4:55pm

I just became a junior member at post 52! Just thought everyone would like to know.  Wink

Email   IP Logged
Colleen_131607
artist

Reply #10 - Oct 19th, 2010, 11:29pm

Oh for Pete's sake....to be a gold member, you need only to emulate Linda's chattiness  Grin.  Sorry, but I could not resist.  Cheesy
I had been here for what seems like forever and was still a "newbie". Linda who came shortly me after went shooting to gold in record time. I remember wondering the same thing...why was i still a newbie and she was gold???  Then they taught me why. I'm still way way down on the totem pole as I only drop in from time to time and usually quietly slip in and out.

Email   IP Logged
Patricia_131634
artist

Reply #11 - Oct 25th, 2010, 4:50pm

I, too am a Newbie, but have been a member since 2007. I understand how the "rating" changes with the number of posts, but I sometimes wonder how valid it is. It seems to imply that the more stars you have, the greater your knowledge about CGU. But an argument can be made that some stars seem to be earned through more personal, conversational threads.

I faithfully read the Forum, but seldom post because there are already many, many well-written, informative postings on most topics. Corrie, for example is a great example of star ratings backed by great support and informed, helpful input. She's been my GCU "mentor" although I'm sure she doesn't know it.

Anyway, Newbie I am. But I'd like to mention that two weeks ago I had a 3,000 card order! I'm still dancing around about that. Here's wishing all of you a very healthy card-selling season.

Pat
Will Davis Studios

Email   IP Logged
Linda_132742
Gold Member
artist

Reply #12 - Oct 25th, 2010, 6:18pm

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOWOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO...congrats, Patricia!!!!!!!!!!!!

Email   IP Logged
Patricia_131634
artist

Reply #13 - Oct 25th, 2010, 7:13pm

Thanks, Linda. I was hesitant to mention the sale in the Forum because I'm embarrased about blowing my own horn, but I thought it might be encouraging to others to hear that sales like this really can happen. When I asked, GCU said it wasn't the biggest sale ever ( I'm pretty sure they said that was 10,000 cards, but don't quote me) but that it was up there. If my little store of about 100 cards can nab a big sale, anyone can!

Pat
Will Davis Studios

Email   IP Logged
Ernestine_131365
Gold Member
artist

Reply #14 - Oct 25th, 2010, 11:23pm

Quote from Patricia_131634 on Oct 25th, 2010, 7:13pm:
. . . If my little store of about 100 cards can nab a big sale, anyone can!     -- Pat     - Will Davis Studios  

. . . but a very nice selection of 100!  Just goes to show you don't always need a gazillion cards in your store to get noticed.  Good design and a little patience can go a long way.  Congrats WDS!   Grin
'e'

Email   IP Logged

About Us     Artists     Artist FAQ     Blog     Card Sellers     Contact Us     Content Disclaimer     Forum     Paper Card Categories     Privacy Policy     Shopper FAQ     Holidays 2011

Click to verify BBB accreditation and to see a BBB report.                        
© Copyright 2000- Greeting Card Universe - Powered By Bigdates-Solutions.com   

GCU Forum » Powered by YaBB 2.1!
YaBB © 2000-2005. All Rights Reserved.