Welcome, Guest Login
You must login or register to post.

Where do i find card racks and bags for cards (Read 4804 times)
David_134612
artist

Where do i find card racks and bags for cards
Sep 17th, 2010, 2:13pm

Where do i find card racks and bags for GCU cards

I have seen info here , but cant find it now

Email   IP Logged
Wendy_140775
GCU Newbies
artist

Re: Where do i find card racks and bags for cards
Reply #1 - Sep 17th, 2010, 3:04pm

I don't know about bags, but I found card racks on ebay! Good luck!

Wendy

Email   IP Logged
Eve_138255
Ex Member

Reply #2 - Sep 17th, 2010, 3:06pm

If you mean cellophane bags, I buy mine from a local stationers.

IP Logged
Robin_137027
GCU Newbies
artist

Reply #3 - Sep 17th, 2010, 3:44pm

I get my bags at www.clearbags.com.  They also have cardboard for mounting.

Email   IP Logged
Doreen_137017
Gold Member
artist

Reply #4 - Sep 17th, 2010, 3:47pm

David,

Clear bags, the only way to go!  Every size imaginable, VERY affordable and wonderful quality.  I've used them for years in all sizes for gallery prints...of course they are only 45-minutes away with an amazing warehouse  Grin

Email   IP Logged
Sandra_133229
Gold Member
artist

Reply #5 - Sep 17th, 2010, 3:57pm

Clearbags - excellent - I double that motion from Doreen!  I am so jealous that you live so close to them, Doreen!  I order from their website.

Email   IP Logged
David_134612
artist

Reply #6 - Sep 17th, 2010, 4:40pm

What size clearbags do you use for GCU cards

Email   IP Logged
Doreen_137017
Gold Member
artist

Reply #7 - Sep 17th, 2010, 4:48pm

You want to order B5 bags, they are 7-7/16 x 5-1/4 inches with a horizontal flap.  If you would rather have a vertical closure, then you'll have to look them up.

Email   IP Logged
Chantal_144351
GCU Newbies
artist

Reply #8 - Sep 17th, 2010, 7:32pm

I get my bags at ULine. They are 6x8 but a fraction of the price at only .05 cents each.

Email   IP Logged
Randall_140313
Gold Member
artist

Reply #9 - Sep 18th, 2010, 1:43am

Yes, Uline is a great source of all kinds of shipping and packing supplies.  As for a temporary holdover or if your just wanting a few sleeves to get by, try a sports collectables store.  I bought a hundred 6X8 sleeves for my cards at a shop near me for $3.00.  They're designed not to bleed or cause yellowing of printed paper and photos, I forget what they call it, but some plastics will actually damage your printed media.
As for racks, Ebay is good, but even that can get pricey.  Sometimes thrift shops, liquidators or even auction houses wil have old display racks and cases from businesses that have gone by the wayside or upgraded their fixtures.  You want to know where you're going to be placing these racks and the atmosphere the store or site is trying to project.  I've got some cards I'm displaying at a restaurant here locally which has a antique toy decor along with an all 50's movie theme.   I'm using an old milk bottle rack like they used to bring the half gallon bottles in.  It works really well and sits on the counter behind the register.  If someone is interested in looking at cards, then the owner or whoever is cashiering will take it down and they can look through the cards at their table or at the counter there.
I think that being creative and displaying your cards differently than the norm is a plus.  We know we have a custom, artist based product and usually locally themed as my cards are with usually just one of any design or photo so it's easier to get $3.50 - $5.00 for a card.   I price mine at the restaurant at $4.50 and give the owner there $1.00 for each that sells.
Just some ideas.  
Best always,  Randy

Email   IP Logged
Doreen_137017
Gold Member
artist

Reply #10 - Sep 18th, 2010, 7:39am

Just food for thought...

The reason I don't like the 6x8 bags is because that leaves just enough 'unfilled space' for the edges of the sleeve to crimp and fold when being stored, lugged around and handled.  I replaced so many 6x8 bags before I found Clearbags and found the correct size.  

Now, keep in mind my cards and prints were in galleries and outdoor art shows for years, so they were getting handled a lot.  Just wanted to mention this potential problem.

And note that Clearbags are made to protect art, they won't yellow and have some archival qualities to them AND you get 100 of the B5 for $4.90 ($0.04) each.

Email   IP Logged
Sheryl_133470
Gold Member
artist

Reply #11 - Sep 19th, 2010, 6:19am

I have ordered from Clearbags.com as well and really do like their products.  Order the bag slightly bigger than your product in order for your card and envelope to slide in easily and allow them to fit.  

Regarding Racks, I know that Photographersedge.com sells them.  I have not bought their racks, but I have purchased some of their other products and was very pleased with their product and service.

Sher

Email   IP Logged

About Us     Artists     Artist FAQ     Blog     Card Sellers     Contact Us     Content Disclaimer     Forum     Paper Card Categories     Privacy Policy     Shopper FAQ     Holidays 2011

Click to verify BBB accreditation and to see a BBB report.                        
© Copyright 2000- Greeting Card Universe - Powered By Bigdates-Solutions.com   

GCU Forum » Powered by YaBB 2.1!
YaBB © 2000-2005. All Rights Reserved.