Welcome, Guest Login
You must login or register to post.

Pages: 1 2 
New Uncommon Card Picks (Read 3592 times)
Penny_134243
Gold Member
artist

Re: New Uncommon Card Picks
Reply #15 - Apr 8th, 2010, 4:43pm

Quote from DENISE_132110 on Apr 8th, 2010, 3:03pm:
tom's idea sounds great and i too have been thinking on a way to show every card on gcu at some given point.

having done some calculations, checked by my pharmacist hubby with his formulary experience.  if every card on gcu was put into a continuous loop, adding in new ones as they were approved.  in one week and a half day at our current card number 322249... each and every card on gcu could be seen for 2 seconds.  

now that doesn't seem like a long time but if you are glancing through, you see more than one in 2 seconds time.  put 5 up at a time and give them the full 10 seconds... whatever you wanted to do but there would be an opportunity for each and every card in the gcu "catalog" to be seen. go by categories and all of the like cards would show together and a shopper could go to that category to shop or continue to browse.  think of it as a gigantic widget... the technology is already there, it just needs to have the ability to expand the number of cards it can process.

i realize this would include the "adult" cards but they are monitored not to get out of hand anyway and I don't believe there are any that are way over the top that couldn't be seen for 2-10 seconds.  

No offense or disrespect intended in this, but...

Someday, every card will have 2 seconds of fame, to paraphrase Andy Warhol.

Penny Wink

Email   IP Logged
DENISE_132110
Gold Member
artist

Reply #16 - Apr 8th, 2010, 6:14pm

no offense taken...  Grin   i figure 2 seconds is better than never seeing the light of day.  and i agree Tom's solution is better than where we are now.  still though we would be promoting the newer stuff while all the hidden gems still might stay hidden.  i know someone will probably visit the artists store if they see the newest card.. but i still would like to see the existing  cards get their time.

Email   IP Logged
Janet_134086
Gold Member
artist

Reply #17 - Apr 8th, 2010, 7:12pm

Tom,  
Great ideas, as usual! Im glad no offense was taken at my opinion.

Id love to see card/artists changes to give all a chance at the spotlight, and when returning customers come into the front pages...it wont seem like there are only a few good artists here,
and it wont seem so redundant when cards are refreshed.

Denise...gigantic widget! Hehe...love it!

Janet Lee Smiley

Email   IP Logged
Janet_134086
Gold Member
artist

Reply #18 - Apr 8th, 2010, 7:25pm

Just had a thought...on widgets.
 Maybe there can be a category for uncommon cards on the *All Cards Page.

Also..instead of a few new cards show-casing the categories on the All Cards Page, there can be a widget placed for each category, that would show cards & artists store names/link, in that specific category.

Hope that makes sense..just a thought.
Janet Lee Smiley

Email   IP Logged
Josette_139119
GCU Newbies
artist

Reply #19 - Apr 23rd, 2010, 4:01am

What a great idea!

Email   IP Logged

About Us     Artists     Artist FAQ     Blog     Card Sellers     Contact Us     Content Disclaimer     Forum     Paper Card Categories     Privacy Policy     Shopper FAQ     Holidays 2011

Click to verify BBB accreditation and to see a BBB report.                        
© Copyright 2000- Greeting Card Universe - Powered By Bigdates-Solutions.com   

GCU Forum » Powered by YaBB 2.1!
YaBB © 2000-2005. All Rights Reserved.