Welcome, Guest Login
You must login or register to post.

Pages: 1 2 
Share your cards on Facebook and other sites (Read 4572 times)
DENISE_132110
Gold Member
artist

Re: Share your cards on Facebook and other sites
Reply #15 - Jul 26th, 2009, 3:14pm

i had some problems initially then changed over to internet explorer from my firefox and the twitter went on fine... facebook however is being very fussy.  i cannot load them one after another, it stalls out.  it will load one and then i have to wait a bit.  is there an issue that you know of with their uploads?

Email   IP Logged
Sally_131513
artist

Reply #16 - Jul 26th, 2009, 7:55pm

On facebook the info shows but no pic shows up!!!

Email   IP Logged
Doreen_137017
Gold Member
artist

Reply #17 - Jul 26th, 2009, 8:30pm

I used the Share feature on my Facebook page and the picture of the card I showed was there. Very cool actually.

Email   IP Logged
Elizabeth_137795
Gold Member
artist

Reply #18 - Jul 27th, 2009, 4:58am

I also used the "Share" button and it worked just fine.
elizabeth

Email   IP Logged
Cassie_133164
artist

Reply #19 - Jul 28th, 2009, 1:30pm

I used "share" on blogger.  It didn't show a picture of the card so I just deleted the post as a post without photos is boring  Sad  I do love the way Zazzle has the "link" set up.  Maybe GCU can copy that model? That way you get the link and the image.

Email   IP Logged
Marla_136010
GCU Newbies
artist

Reply #20 - Jul 30th, 2009, 9:24am

Thank you so much!  

For Facebook, I choose a card, then wanted to share it.  I changed my mind, clicked on another card, and then did the share, but the first card thumbnail showed up.  There were little arrows allowing me to move through my cards, and I was able to point to the one I wanted, but the title stayed with the first card.

For Twitter, though, I didn't have the choice to switch to a different card.  So, no worries, I'll just make sure to select the card I want and then hit share from there.  It's better if I don't change my mind after selecting the card to share.

This is a WONDERFUL feature and I am very grateful.  I expect overall sales volumes to increase.  Thank you. Grin

Email   IP Logged
Avis_134613
Gold Member
artist

Reply #21 - Jul 30th, 2009, 12:23pm

I have shared my new flower girl card on Blogger, and only a link to the card showed up, however I went in and posted the image, but would rather have it come up with the image all in one go....less work!
I guess now I'll have to sign up with FaceBook....sigh,....does anyone have any sales through this method?
Avis

« Last Edit: Jul 30th, 2009, 3:37pm by Avis_134613 »  
Email   IP Logged
DENISE_132110
Gold Member
artist

Reply #22 - Aug 3rd, 2009, 10:24am

i have been using this feature all week to submit to facebook and twitter.  a couple of times to my blogger account.  but, i am afraid my twitter is history..... i suddenly began following 60 new people today.... without any input or approval from me. everything from stocks, to adult sites. so soooo long twitter. i anxiously await the couple of days to be over that my profile still be online there. i don't think i was benefiting from it anyway.

Email   IP Logged
Avis_134613
Gold Member
artist

Reply #23 - Aug 3rd, 2009, 10:34am

Wow! That's strange! Shocked
Can you email Twitter to tell them, and see what caused that to happen?

Email   IP Logged
DENISE_132110
Gold Member
artist

Reply #24 - Aug 3rd, 2009, 10:40am

i probably should have.  i could have suspended my acct. and done that but i don't think i will regret it.  i spend more time trying to update sites these days than i do making cards.  there has to be a balance in promotion or else i will be promoting a dead shop.  

school starts back on thursday here.  maybe i will reconsider then but for now i think i will just leave it be.

Email   IP Logged
DENISE_132110
Gold Member
artist

Reply #25 - Aug 3rd, 2009, 6:30pm

i didn't write them but they sent a note anyway saying i had been the victim of some sort of phishing scam.  still don't know if i will go back yet.

Email   IP Logged

About Us     Artists     Artist FAQ     Blog     Card Sellers     Contact Us     Content Disclaimer     Forum     Paper Card Categories     Privacy Policy     Shopper FAQ     Holidays 2011

Click to verify BBB accreditation and to see a BBB report.                        
© Copyright 2000- Greeting Card Universe - Powered By Bigdates-Solutions.com   

GCU Forum » Powered by YaBB 2.1!
YaBB © 2000-2005. All Rights Reserved.