Welcome, Guest Login
You must login or register to post.

NEW like Squidoo (Read 1116 times)
nicole_133673
artist

NEW like Squidoo
Jan 11th, 2009, 9:48am

Thanks to Nicole Marques I found Qassia, a site like Squidoo but a bit different.

It works somewhat like Squidoo but instead of money going to charity or you, you earn Qassia dollars which are in turn used to purchase ad space on Google. The more you write the more you earn and you can earn by reviewing what others write. Instead of lenses they are called intel...I just signed up and I am still getting the hang of fully understanding it.

If anyone likes to sign up they can add their store here on GCU (getting traffic to their stores and GCU is always a BIG plus) it is very easy

Use either my link or Nicole's and click on the sign up button on the left of the page, add your GCU (or any website including blogs) to start earning ads space.

http://glttrdst.qassia.com/

http://occitania.qassia.com/

If anyone already does Qassia please help us learn more about it.

Thanks

Email   IP Logged
Norval_132688
Gold Member
artist

Re: NEW like Squidoo
Reply #1 - Jan 11th, 2009, 10:19am

I see the Qassia on peoples sites over at Zazzle all the time but had no idea what it was.  Sounds interesting.

Email   IP Logged
Jan_(Gracey)_135660
artist

Reply #2 - Jan 11th, 2009, 10:42am

Qassia...well, it's fine if you've got the time. To garner enough points to get any sort of useful help you have to spend time there every day...sometimes reading a pile of drivel that just makes you want to barf.

Uh sorry - I've been with them since they were in their alpha stage and I've read some stuff that would curl your toenails  Cool  

Essentially, what it does it give you points (in the form of Q dollars) that they apply to your website - something like advertising I guess. The more Q dollars you gain, the more exposure your website gets. You don't actually get any money (in terms of cash, or paypal payments), unless they've changed.

The best way to get points added up quickly is to write articles - your own - don't post something from somewhere else unless you have permission. And be sure to use their code on the page you say you will on your website - their bots "crawl" the sites regularly, and when they do, you get points just for having the code in place.

It can be very time consuming for little in the way of useful help. If you've got lots of time, and want to move your website up in search rankings (and that takes a lot of time) and like to read articles (some very boring, some really interesting, others even very helpful), go for it.

I haven't had time to devote to Q for months now, but my site ranking remains roughly the same - because I work at it in other ways.

In general, I've sort of stopped using sites like squidoo, digg, foxsaver, et al.  About the only thing I do anymore is use technorati tags on my blog postings - apparently there's a technorati page about "Gracey" (that's me) but I haven't claimed it    Grin

There's about a gazillion Gracey's on the internet, and about half of them are photographers too. Yesterday, I got an email from someone a lot of hours away from me asking for pricing on a professional portrait for their business. I said sure, but you've got the wrong Gracey since there's one in your town and I'm a 6 hour drive from you  Grin

Fine Art Cards - Greeting Cards To Go:
http://www.greetingcarduniverse.com/jgraceystinson
Email   IP Logged
nicole_133673
artist

Reply #3 - Jan 11th, 2009, 10:55am

Quote:
Uh sorry - I've been with them since they were in their alpha stage and I've read some stuff that would curl your toenails

Yes I am finding the same thing  Tongue

I thought I would give it a try and see if I can keep up with it. It is just another tool to use and so far I have been doing alright.

I will say though I have had a lot of success with Squidoo. I also use Google Anyalitics to track traffic so I know where my efforts are best spent. So I will give this a bit of time and see what happens, Thanks for the input and help. (now I must look into Technorati  Roll Eyes  does it ever end? LOL

Email   IP Logged

About Us     Artists     Artist FAQ     Blog     Card Sellers     Contact Us     Content Disclaimer     Forum     Paper Card Categories     Privacy Policy     Shopper FAQ     Holidays 2011

Click to verify BBB accreditation and to see a BBB report.                        
© Copyright 2000- Greeting Card Universe - Powered By Bigdates-Solutions.com   

GCU Forum » Powered by YaBB 2.1!
YaBB © 2000-2005. All Rights Reserved.