Welcome, Guest Login
You must login or register to post.

New Adult Content Guidelines (Read 2838 times)
Mindy
GCU Administrator
Community Manager

New Adult Content Guidelines
May 15th, 2008, 2:19pm

We have updated our Adult Content guidelines which you will notice are more conservative.  This change is in an effort to be more in tune with similar policies held by some of our business partners.

The new guidelines are in the Artist FAQ's and are as follows:
http://www.greetingcarduniverse.com/about/answers.asp#35

In general, GCUniverse will not accept any images or creative content to be printed that depict or are considered to be sexually explicit, violence, drug use, hate or profanity.  Specifically...

* Nudity – No frontal nudity.  This includes but is not limited to all types of work;   photographic, digital, sketch, watercolor, etc.  

Exceptions to nudity are:
o Lingerie, g-string, thong, undergarments, swimwear, wet t-shirts, pasties where specifically nipples are NOT visible are OK.  See-through or transparent clothing is NOT allowed.  
o Rear or buttock nudity is OK  

These guidelines with soon be updated with specific profanity/language specifics.

Please review your content with these guidelines in mind and revise or remove any content as needed.

Let us know if you have any questions or would like us to review specific cards.

« Last Edit: Feb 13th, 2009, 2:25pm by Mindy »  
Email   IP Logged
Donna_131383
artist

Re: New Adult Content Guidelines
Reply #1 - May 16th, 2008, 5:08am

Hi Mindy, LTNS  Wink

Just a little shout out to say I'm in support of your new guidelines, ESPECIALLY re's promoting DRUGS, VIOLENCE, HATE and unacceptable PROFANITY.  Really like that you are allowing rear/buttock nudity since historically, it's been considered "art" with regard to drawings, sketches, paintings, etc.

Not trying to bust on the artist, but recently I saw an image with a 420 message, which IMO, publicly promotes the use of weed.  I wondered why it was even approved. Shocked

Which brings me to my next issue... I have about 6 or so cards that may be considered "violence" under your new guidelines, even though their intent was for sexy, funny and "naughty" humor.  The first one is ID #163093.  Please let me know if these should be removed and if so, I'll happily remove them.

Best,
Donna

Email   IP Logged
Mindy
GCU Administrator
Community Manager

Re: New Adult Content Guidelines
Reply #2 - May 16th, 2008, 12:56pm

Quote from Donna_131383 on May 16th, 2008, 5:08am:
Hi Mindy, LTNS Wink

Just a little shout out to say I'm in support of your new guidelines, ESPECIALLY re's promoting DRUGS, VIOLENCE, HATE and unacceptable PROFANITY. Really like that you are allowing rear/buttock nudity since historically, it's been considered "art" with regard to drawings, sketches, paintings, etc.

Not trying to bust on the artist, but recently I saw an image with a 420 message, which IMO, publicly promotes the use of weed. I wondered why it was even approved. Shocked

Which brings me to my next issue... I have about 6 or so cards that may be considered "violence" under your new guidelines, even though their intent was for sexy, funny and "naughty" humor. The first one is ID #163093. Please let me know if these should be removed and if so, I'll happily remove them.

Best,
Donna

Hi Donna,
Thanks for your post and comments.  

As for your specific cards, they are a-okay - naughty humor is fine and you've done it tastefully and playfully.  We would not consider these to be violent.

We'll have to take a peek and the drug related content you reference and see where that lies.

Email   IP Logged

About Us     Artists     Artist FAQ     Blog     Card Sellers     Contact Us     Content Disclaimer     Forum     Paper Card Categories     Privacy Policy     Shopper FAQ     Holidays 2011

Click to verify BBB accreditation and to see a BBB report.                        
© Copyright 2000- Greeting Card Universe - Powered By Bigdates-Solutions.com   

GCU Forum » Powered by YaBB 2.1!
YaBB © 2000-2005. All Rights Reserved.