Pages: 1 2 
Re: Profit  splits (Read 6283 times)
Edition_132952
GCU Newbies
artist

Re: Profit  splits
Reply #15 - Feb 21st, 2008, 11:15pm

Hello Mindy.
thank you for making a clear statement on this.
I regret that Tom has removed his post and suggest/request that he re-posts.  

Edition Handdruck - Card Store:
http://www.greetingcarduniverse.com/editionH
Email   IP Logged
Corrie_131338
Gold Member

Reply #16 - Feb 22nd, 2008, 12:25am

Maybe we should all keep in mind that there is a huge difference between plain old Criticism and Creative Criticism.

Creative criticism not only points out potential problems, it makes suggestions on solutions. Creative criticism is meant to help, not harm, by letting us know there are areas that may need work to enhance a customer's experience on the site. Hapy customers equal more sales, which everybody here hopes for.

GCU has always welcomed suggestions on improvements, and have implemented positive changes a number of times based on an artist's creative criticism or observation on an issue.  No one should fear putting forth their opinion on a subject. That's part of what the Forum is for. If differences of opinion occur, keeping it civil will go a long way towards promoting the good will that has been part of GCU from the beginning.

Now on to the next thing... I hope Tom won't mind if I sort of paraphrase his original post on the subject of profit splitting for Mindy's benefit.

The gist was that Tom observed correctly that quite often, an artist doesn't have the necessary skills to come up with creative text, and vice versa. His concept was for a a 'shared' profit scenario, where an artist and text writer team up to create a card, and GCU has a process in place whereby each would automatically receive 25 cents when their joint card sold.

Corrie
http://www.corrieweb.nl

Email   IP Logged
Gina_133039
artist

Reply #17 - Feb 22nd, 2008, 4:59am

embarrassed Tom:  I don't know you, but I lost sleep over you last night.  The Lord dealt with me and the careless way I spoke to you and thoughts of you have weighed heavy on my heart for the past 24 hours... I want to apologize to you publicly for judging you sight unseen and saying you were "selfish and self centered".   In my mind, I was coming to the defense of an establishment that I have come to respect and in the process completely disrespected you. I, too often, talk first and think later.  This was one of those times.   I'm sorry.  I hope you will accept my apology for being a jerk and not hold it against me overmuch.
Gina

Email   IP Logged
Tom_133317
Gold Member
artist

Reply #18 - Feb 22nd, 2008, 5:54am

Well, I too would like to get back to the business of making fabulous Greeting Cards.

I accept your apologies, Cara and Gina, and I also want to apologize for not being more cautious about the posting of my ideas. None were intended as complaints nor as a demand for immediate action.  Please believe me when I tell you that anything I post is meant to benefit all of us equally in time.  GCU has asked me to resubmit my ideas by email, which I have now done.  Again, sorry for my part.

Serenity now, peace, and tranquility to all.

TOM

ps:  I got a few more cards posted if you want a mood swing, just don't fall off!

Email   IP Logged
Gina_133039
artist

Reply #19 - Feb 22nd, 2008, 5:57am

Cheesy Thanks, Tom!  I am humbled and grateful.

gina

Email   IP Logged
Cara_131386
artist

Reply #20 - Feb 22nd, 2008, 6:52am

TOM!! YOUR here Smiley yeahhhhhhhhhh!  I am so sorry, I really do apologize and your absolutely right, let's create!  Hugs going out to Tom!  Hugs to everyone who posted, there was a lesson to be learned here and I hope that I learned it  Smiley  Let's have a great day and "TGIF" to everyone!

Peace to everyone!

Email   IP Logged
Mindy
GCU Administrator
Community Manager

Reply #21 - Feb 22nd, 2008, 4:27pm

Ahh, now we can all get a good night's rest  Smiley

We will be replying to Tom's list of suggestions and questions by end of day on Monday.

As for collaboration on text and art, it's a great idea and certainly brings together the best of both worlds.  At this time we do not plan on incorporating that capability into the site itself but will certainly put it on the wish list.

In the meantime you can certainly collaborate and either create a separate store that represents your collaborative cards or track your joint card sales manually by product id.  

Along similar lines is perhaps a GCU "message genie" of sorts that shoppers and/or artists could use - a verse repository for lack of a better description.

Another idea (i usually don't have this many ideas on so few hours of sleep  Wink) is to have some fun with cards needing verses.  Sort of a name that verse competition and the best one wins.  

Lastly, we do often get contacted by writers who would like to participate in GCU.  Any ideas on how we can put those writers in touch with our artist community?

Email   IP Logged
Corrie_131338
Gold Member

Reply #22 - Feb 23rd, 2008, 12:04am

HI, Mindy!

A message genie (suggested verses) is a very good idea. Quite often, shoppers looking for a card might skip by one that has no inner text, even if they like the picture, because they have no idea what to say themselves in the card. GCU could offer generic verses for the customer to choose.

As for writers... why not give them their own Forum topic? Artist Wanted or Verses or similar. If the writers join GCU, they can post, or if you'd rather not require joining, maybe that particular topic can be tweaked to allow anyone to post regardless of member status.

Corrie
http://www.corrieweb.nl

Email   IP Logged

About Us     Artists     Artist FAQ     Blog     Card Sellers     Contact Us     Content Disclaimer     Forum     Paper Card Categories     Privacy Policy     Shopper FAQ     Holidays 2011

Click to verify BBB accreditation and to see a BBB report.                        
© Copyright 2000- Greeting Card Universe - Powered By Bigdates-Solutions.com   

GCU Forum » Powered by YaBB 2.1!
YaBB © 2000-2005. All Rights Reserved.