Welcome, Guest Login
You must login or register to post.

Artist's Widgets on Blogs - HELP! (Read 1541 times)
Diana_131887
Gold Member
artist

Artist's Widgets on Blogs - HELP!
Feb 8th, 2008, 2:08pm

I just started a blog because I wanted to post my artist widget on someplace other than Facebook. I'm on WordPress.com and it looks like they don't allow flash widgets on it. I just e-mailed them to see if they would let me. They seem to allow you to post widgets from Flicker Youtube etc - so I thought I might get permission.

I think I should've posted this question 1st before I signed onto WOrdpress!. What blog sites allow you to post your GCU artist widgets? Anyone else here on Wordpress? Should I move over to a different blog site? And if so any reccomendations? Feeling very frustrated.

Thanks for any help!
Di
dtdelosh.wordpress.com
(I just started so there's not much to look at)

Email   IP Logged
Diana_131887
Gold Member
artist

Re: Artist's Widgets on Blogs - HELP!
Reply #1 - Feb 8th, 2008, 2:15pm

ARGHh-h-h-h-h! I just got the official reply - No I can't put up my gcu widget because of security issues with flash! Angry cry
-Di
So What Blogsites let you flash?

Email   IP Logged
Dustin_133010
artist

Reply #2 - Feb 8th, 2008, 2:41pm

There's also a javascript widget for GCU. That's the one I use on my own website, but I have no idea about WordPress.

Good luck!

Dustin

P.S. I love your cards!

Email   IP Logged
Kathy_131448
GCU Newbies
artist

Reply #3 - Feb 8th, 2008, 4:24pm

Hi Di,
I've got a blog on blogspot, and I have an artist's card widget there, it works just fine! HTH!

Kat Smiley

Email   IP Logged
mishka_131282
GCU Newbies
artist

Reply #4 - Feb 10th, 2008, 10:01am

You SHOULD be able to post the Javascript widget on Wordpress. I'm not sure but it is possible that you may have to put it in the stylesheet (if they let you edit them on their server). I use Wordpress but I host it on my own web server so I'm not sure how their service works otherwise.  
BUT I can tell you that the javascript widget does work with MySpace and you can put the code on any regular webpage.

Email   IP Logged
Margot_133341
GCU Newbies
artist

Reply #5 - Feb 25th, 2008, 7:02pm

I'm at e-blogger and it took the widget just fine. I had tried several blog sites for different projects and I have really like how easy e-blogger is to use.  
I have the widget on all three of my blogs and it looks pretty cool. Not that I have all that much traffic at them yet but I'm working on it.  
I have also put the address to my store in my e-mail signature.  

Email   IP Logged
Diana_131887
Gold Member
artist

Reply #6 - Feb 26th, 2008, 10:31am

Just wanted to get back to everyone and say THANKS. Sorry it's taken so-o-o long - just too much to do these days. Wordpress doesn't allow javascript either. But I guess if you have it hosted by someone else it's ok. I did put up the HTML code so I supposedly will get the credit as seller & artist as if someone bought thru my artist widget. Not that I've ever made a sale this way but you gotta try.  But I'm still sad that I can't use the artist widget. It's just so-o-o cool. Anyhow I figure as blogs are free I'll try the other blog sites mentioned above to see which I like best. I really think I need a blog site for dummies.  -Di

Email   IP Logged

About Us     Artists     Artist FAQ     Blog     Card Sellers     Contact Us     Content Disclaimer     Forum     Paper Card Categories     Privacy Policy     Shopper FAQ     Holidays 2011

Click to verify BBB accreditation and to see a BBB report.                        
© Copyright 2000- Greeting Card Universe - Powered By Bigdates-Solutions.com   

GCU Forum » Powered by YaBB 2.1!
YaBB © 2000-2005. All Rights Reserved.