Welcome, Guest Login
You must login or register to post.

New - Private Card/Gallery Feature (Read 4464 times)
Mindy
GCU Administrator
Community Manager

New - Private Card/Gallery Feature
Oct 12th, 2007, 12:05pm

We have just added a new feature allowing you to set individual cards as "Private Cards".  This is ideal for custom cards like special orders that general shoppers would not be interested in and you don't want generally available to shoppers as well as cards in design variations beyond GCU's 3 version allowance (colors, orientation, etc.).

You will see the "Private Card" checkbox when you Create and Edit a card.

Private Cards will do the following...
1. still go through the normal review process
2. are not available as free ecards
3. will not show up in the card categories, no categorization
4. will not show up in GCUniverse search nor your store search
5. may be picked up by search engines
6. will not be considered as suggestions for email reminders, no profiling

Private cards can only be viewed under the Private Gallery module on your storefront.  In order to display this new module, check it ON in Edit storefront at http://www.greetingcarduniverse.com/community/edit_store.asp

Note, the Private Gallery is NOT password protected.  If you want some level of security, instead of using the Private Gallery module you can direct your private shoppers to your store url appended with "_private".  For example: www.greetingcarduniverse.com/DanvilleTribute_private

Soon we will offer a Manage Private Gallery tool so you can arrange them as you like.

Let us know how this new feature works for you   Smiley
Mindy

« Last Edit: Oct 17th, 2013, 2:15pm by Mindy »  
Email   IP Logged
DENISE_132110
Gold Member
artist

Re: New - Private Card/Gallery Feature
Reply #1 - Oct 12th, 2007, 4:51pm

i like this idea.  i have been doing some custom business cards, so this will open up custom work here as well.  thanks!

Email   IP Logged
Mindy
GCU Administrator
Community Manager

Reply #2 - Oct 19th, 2007, 4:05pm

Available now is the Arrange Private Gallery tool that lets you move cards within your Private Gallery just like the Arrange Gallery tool.

http://www.greetingcarduniverse.com/community/edit_priv_gallery.asp

Email   IP Logged
Kerra_131306
artist

Reply #3 - Oct 22nd, 2007, 4:29am

Smiley

I'm curious to know if anyone is selling from their private gallery?  I like the business card avenue---how are the sales going from that?

-Kerra

Icansketchu Paper Greeting Cards:
http://www.greetingcarduniverse.com/icansketchu
Email   IP Logged
DENISE_132110
Gold Member
artist

Reply #4 - Oct 22nd, 2007, 10:41am

the business cards i have done are not on this site, it is a different company.

Email   IP Logged
Kerra_131306
artist

Reply #5 - Oct 23rd, 2007, 8:03am

Quote from DENISE_132110 on Oct 22nd, 2007, 10:41am:
the business cards i have done are not on this site, it is a different company.

Denise--let me know if you put them on this site--I'd be interested to know how you market these.  Smiley

-Kerra

Icansketchu Paper Greeting Cards:
http://www.greetingcarduniverse.com/icansketchu
Email   IP Logged
Anne_138204
GCU Newbies
artist

Reply #6 - Aug 29th, 2009, 12:01pm

Is there any way the process can be reversed?  I received A fake alert that my PayPal account had been blocked.  The alert had the PayPal logo on it and I just assumed that this was real. In order to keep the integrity of my store I had my cards moved to the private collection where people could not try to make purchases and get frustrated.  Now there is a blank page on my store, of course, due to the alteration I made.  I hope these cards aren't stuck here forever because of the hours that went into creating these
images.  Anyway I do hope I can get out of this tight spot.  After making a call to PayPal. they informed me I had received a fake alert.  

Anne

Email   IP Logged
Avis_134613
Gold Member
artist

Reply #7 - Aug 29th, 2009, 12:11pm

Hi Anne,
All is not lost! Go under Manage Cards, and where it says Edit, look for Private Card...yes or no...and then click no. That should do it...I think! Grin
You'll have to do it for each card individually I think, but I could be wrong. Someone will chime in if I am. Smiley

Email   IP Logged
Anne_138204
GCU Newbies
artist

Reply #8 - Aug 29th, 2009, 12:34pm

Thanks for your help.  Unfortunately, I have tried this and there is a note above this feature in editing a private card that changes cannot be made once the card is in the private gallery.  The button is disenabled also where it does nothing to remove the check or dot , whatever.  In my humble opinion, this particular technicality seems  to be in need of allowing a changeover, if wanted.  But I don't know all of the reasons why it is not so.

Email   IP Logged
Avis_134613
Gold Member
artist

Reply #9 - Aug 29th, 2009, 12:44pm

Hi Anne,
Gee I'm really sorry, I'm sure this feature wasn't always like this, but GCU has undergone a lot of technical changes designed to improve the site, and your situation is unusual I have to admit.
What I would do if it were me, is to re-post your question under GCU Support, and address it to Mindy or Shaun, and they will help you out. As it's a weekend, not sure if they'll see it until Monday, but there's usually someone in Admin. monitoring things...so please try it.
Hope you get this resolved soon. Smiley
p.s. Wouldn't you just like to strangle these idiots that send fake emails and make your life a misery?! Angry

Email   IP Logged
Pamela_135500
Gold Member
artist

Reply #10 - Aug 29th, 2009, 1:09pm

Hi Anne,
You may find this recent thread helpful.

http://www.greetingcarduniverse.com/forum/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1250266439/3#3

Like Avis, I also thought at one time we could put our private cards to public, but I know it cannot be done by us now.
I do hope in your case there is a way for the admins to assist you. Your information about the paypal incident was helpful to all of us, I wish I could help more. Smiley
Good Luck,
Pamela

Email   IP Logged

About Us     Artists     Artist FAQ     Blog     Card Sellers     Contact Us     Content Disclaimer     Forum     Paper Card Categories     Privacy Policy     Shopper FAQ     Holidays 2011

Click to verify BBB accreditation and to see a BBB report.                        
© Copyright 2000- Greeting Card Universe - Powered By Bigdates-Solutions.com   

GCU Forum » Powered by YaBB 2.1!
YaBB © 2000-2005. All Rights Reserved.