Welcome, Guest Login
You must login or register to post.

Pages: 1 2 
Card Widget gets Better - Artists are Sellers too! (Read 5840 times)
Mindy
GCU Administrator
Community Manager

Card Widget gets Better - Artists are Sellers too!
Sep 21st, 2007, 12:53pm

We've improved and simplified things based on your feedback.  Kudos to those who made some noise and helped us fine tune this!  

As of yesterday, 9/20, Artists will earn selling commissions using their ARTIST Card Widget.  This means that you will now earn $1 for each of your own cards sold through your Card Widget.    

Other highlights...

o SELL OTHER ARTISTS' CARDS - new Store Selection on your widget - "My Store Only" or "All Stores" allows you to sell and earn 50 cents on ANY cards sold via your widget.

o ONE ACCOUNT - NO need to open a new account as a Card Seller with a different email address.  This function is built into your existing Artist Card Widget.  No need to re-copy/paste the widget code.

o ONE REPORT - both Selling and Artist Fees earned will be reflected in your Earnings & Payments Report

o TWO STYLES - choose from 2 different widget styles.  You do need to re-copy/paste if you change styles.

o SELLERS CHOOSE BY ARTIST/STORE - We've made it even easier for non-artist Card Sellers to sell YOUR cards.  They can now set their widgets by Artist Name or Store Name.

Sorry for any inconveniences while we worked this out and happy selling  Cheesy  Let us know if you have questions.
Mindy

Email   IP Logged
Kerra_131306
artist

Re: Card Widget gets Better - Artists are Sellers
Reply #1 - Sep 21st, 2007, 6:51pm

This seems to be a good idea...I have to check and see what is going on with my facebook account.  I tried to add this widget and it came back that there was a problem, (glitch?) with the card seller option.  Any information on this?
-Kerra

Icansketchu Paper Greeting Cards:
http://www.greetingcarduniverse.com/icansketchu
Email   IP Logged
Teri Francis_131425
artist

Reply #2 - Sep 22nd, 2007, 8:24am

Woo-Woo!!  Yay!   Cheers and applause for the GCU admin team!   Smiley
~standing & clapping~

Kudos go to Mindy, Shaun, and everyone in admin!  What an outstanding job you've done in listening to feedback ... analyzing the info and weighing it thoughtfully with regard to the overall plan.  First, it's a very generous incentive and marketing plan that you came up with, one will certainly help spread the word about GreetingCardUniverse.com.  Second, the fine-tuning will go a long way to foster a sense of team spirit among all artists and sellers ... and that can only lead to good PR with buyers!  Woo-woo!!  Did I say that before?  You deserve to hear it again!

Of course, we all want to promote our own cards, but I'm sure there are others like me who will not have content in our stores that will meet the needs of some buyers we may bring to the site ... I enjoy directing many of my friends and family to other Artist's stores because I know they will have cards that will suit them in categories that I will probably never delve into.  And, I'll be much happier to see them buy cards from GCU, even if they are not mine, than from the local drugstore.      

Again, congrats and kudos to the GCU team for coming up with a real win-win plan!  It takes a lot of creative thinking, open-mindedness, and vision to do that.  And, this is one of things that sets GCU apart from other on-line greeting card sites ... and it's why I believe that GCU will be giving the *big* competition a good run for the money and eventually setting the standard for on-line greeting card sales in the near future.  

Woo-woo (again)  Grin ... and good job team GCU!  

Teri
http://www.greetingcarduniverse.com/squirrelhugger

Email   IP Logged
Gail_131703
GCU Newbies
artist

Reply #3 - Sep 22nd, 2007, 9:13am

That's great news!
Is this new widget in a new place? When I went to the bottom section of "Manage Cards" and clicked on the widget link there, the one that came up still had only the option of "my store only." Am I looking in the right place for the new widget?
Thanks!

Email   IP Logged
Mindy
GCU Administrator
Community Manager

Reply #4 - Sep 24th, 2007, 12:50pm

Quote from Gail_131703 on Sep 22nd, 2007, 9:13am:
That's great news!
Is this new widget in a new place? When I went to the bottom section of "Manage Cards" and clicked on the widget link there, the one that came up still had only the option of "my store only." Am I looking in the right place for the new widget?
Thanks!

Hi Gail,
You'll find the find the widget and style options under Community >> Card Widget
here:  http://www.greetingcarduniverse.com/community/card_widget.asp

Let me know if you need more direction.
Mindy

Email   IP Logged
Mindy
GCU Administrator
Community Manager

Reply #5 - Sep 24th, 2007, 12:55pm

Quote from Teri Francis_131425 on Sep 22nd, 2007, 8:24am:
Woo-Woo!!  Yay!   Cheers and applause for the GCU admin team!   Smiley
~standing & clapping~

Kudos go to Mindy, Shaun, and everyone in admin!  What an outstanding job you've done in listening to feedback ... analyzing the info and weighing it thoughtfully with regard to the overall plan.  First, it's a very generous incentive and marketing plan that you came up with, one will certainly help spread the word about GreetingCardUniverse.com.  Second, the fine-tuning will go a long way to foster a sense of team spirit among all artists and sellers ... and that can only lead to good PR with buyers!  Woo-woo!!  Did I say that before?  You deserve to hear it again!

Of course, we all want to promote our own cards, but I'm sure there are others like me who will not have content in our stores that will meet the needs of some buyers we may bring to the site ... I enjoy directing many of my friends and family to other Artist's stores because I know they will have cards that will suit them in categories that I will probably never delve into.  And, I'll be much happier to see them buy cards from GCU, even if they are not mine, than from the local drugstore.    

Again, congrats and kudos to the GCU team for coming up with a real win-win plan!  It takes a lot of creative thinking, open-mindedness, and vision to do that.  And, this is one of things that sets GCU apart from other on-line greeting card sites ... and it's why I believe that GCU will be giving the *big* competition a good run for the money and eventually setting the standard for on-line greeting card sales in the near future.  

Woo-woo (again)  Grin ... and good job team GCU!  

Teri
http://www.greetingcarduniverse.com/squirrelhugger

Thank you for your support and encouraging words - we are excited too!

We agree, collectively we are giving the big guys a run for their money and are revolutionizing this industry - and we've only just begun  Cheesy

Mindy

Email   IP Logged
Mindy
GCU Administrator
Community Manager

Reply #6 - Sep 24th, 2007, 12:56pm

Quote from Kerra_131306 on Sep 21st, 2007, 6:51pm:
This seems to be a good idea...I have to check and see what is going on with my facebook account.  I tried to add this widget and it came back that there was a problem, (glitch?) with the card seller option.  Any information on this?
-Kerra

Hi Kerra,
Give me more details about the problem.  Did you get a specific error message?
I'll pass the details along to our widget tech team.

Thanks for your patience,
Mindy

Email   IP Logged
Gail_131703
GCU Newbies
artist

Reply #7 - Sep 24th, 2007, 6:58pm

Ack! Thanks Mindy, but now I'm more confused than ever. Sad I think I need some step-by-step instructions, from the very beginning.

The link you sent goes to the Seller widget, which seems to require another account to be set up. My understanding was that this was not necessary with the new widget.

If I go to the Community menu and click Card Widget, it goes to the regular Artist widget which doesn't have the option of selling others' cards (only has "my store only").

I think mentally saying the word "widget" so many times is making me goofy! Smiley

Thanks for your patience.

Gail

Email   IP Logged
Gail_131703
GCU Newbies
artist

Reply #8 - Sep 24th, 2007, 7:06pm

Now I *know* I am going crazy! Smiley

The link only goes to the Seller widget if I am not logged in (I had a hard time logging on to the Forum); if I log on first, it goes to the usual Artist widget. With only the option of My Store Only.

I think I will just stick with selling my own cards until I can understand this a little better. (Not that I'm selling all that many anyway, lol).

Email   IP Logged
Ernestine_131365
Gold Member
artist

Reply #9 - Sep 25th, 2007, 4:13pm

Let me see if I have this straight:  If someone clicks MY GCU widget that I have on MY website and buys one of MY cards, do I earn $1.00? or $.50?  If they then buy a card of another artist from this initial link, do I earn a $.50 commission from that sale?

Thanks,
-E

Email   IP Logged
Shaun_131054
GCU Administrator
artist

Reply #10 - Sep 26th, 2007, 1:14pm

Quote from Gail_131703 on Sep 24th, 2007, 6:58pm:
Ack! Thanks Mindy, but now I'm more confused than ever. Sad I think I need some step-by-step instructions, from the very beginning.

The link you sent goes to the Seller widget, which seems to require another account to be set up. My understanding was that this was not necessary with the new widget.

If I go to the Community menu and click Card Widget, it goes to the regular Artist widget which doesn't have the option of selling others' cards (only has "my store only").

I think mentally saying the word "widget" so many times is making me goofy! Smiley

Thanks for your patience.

Gail

Hi Gail,

It looks like your widget is currently setup to only include Featured Cards from your store.  

You'll need to change the Card Selection drop-down menu to either: Random, Category, or Keywords in order to have the option to display cards from all stores.  

Please let me know if you have any additional questions.    

Shaun

Email   IP Logged
Shaun_131054
GCU Administrator
artist

Reply #11 - Sep 26th, 2007, 2:21pm

Quote from Ernestine_131365 on Sep 25th, 2007, 4:13pm:
Let me see if I have this straight: If someone clicks MY GCU widget that I have on MY website and buys one of MY cards, do I earn $1.00? or $.50? If they then buy a card of another artist from this initial link, do I earn a $.50 commission from that sale?

Thanks,
-E

Hi Ernestine,
If someone clicks your widget and purchases one of your cards,  you will earn $1.00 (a $.50 seller commission for selling a card through the widget, plus a $.50 artist commission for selling one of your cards).

If someone clicks your widget and purchases another artist's cards, you will still earn a $.50 commission for selling a card through the widget.

Please let us know if you have any additional questions.  

Shaun

Email   IP Logged
Gail_131703
GCU Newbies
artist

Reply #12 - Sep 27th, 2007, 8:29am

Shaun, thank you! Now I understand.  

I don't remember which movie it was, but in cases like this I always picture, in my mind's eye, W. C. Fields saying, "It was so simple it eluded me."  Smiley

Email   IP Logged
Cathie_131660
artist

Reply #13 - Sep 27th, 2007, 11:18am

hopefully this hasn't been answered before, sorry if it has.  i noticed two different widgets - the one we can customize and the other one with a black frame.  does it matter which one we use to sell with?

Email   IP Logged
Mindy
GCU Administrator
Community Manager

Reply #14 - Sep 27th, 2007, 2:40pm

Quote from Cathie_131660 on Sep 27th, 2007, 11:18am:
hopefully this hasn't been answered before, sorry if it has.  i noticed two different widgets - the one we can customize and the other one with a black frame.  does it matter which one we use to sell with?  

Hi Cathie,
Doesn't matter which one your use.  All will calculate your sales.

The one with the black frame is the style that's tailored and approved to be used on FaceBook.

Mindy

Email   IP Logged

About Us     Artists     Artist FAQ     Blog     Card Sellers     Contact Us     Content Disclaimer     Forum     Paper Card Categories     Privacy Policy     Shopper FAQ     Holidays 2011

Click to verify BBB accreditation and to see a BBB report.                        
© Copyright 2000- Greeting Card Universe - Powered By Bigdates-Solutions.com   

GCU Forum » Powered by YaBB 2.1!
YaBB © 2000-2005. All Rights Reserved.