Welcome, Guest Login
You must login or register to post.

Photo Sizes (Read 1611 times)
Emily_132117
GCU Newbies
artist

Photo Sizes
Sep 15th, 2007, 7:01am

I'm new here and am totally stuck... It would appear that my photos are to small but I don't know how to change that... My camera is 4mp, is that not big enough? I downloaded the guideline tool but I don't understand how to work with that in photoshop, is there a step-by-step document anywhere? I guess i'm used to my photos being resized automatically or the originals being big enough without needing to change sizes around. Help anyone?  embarrassed Sad

Email   IP Logged
Corrie_131338
Gold Member

Re: Photo Sizes
Reply #1 - Sep 15th, 2007, 7:30am

Hi Emily,

Welcome to GCU  Smiley

Your 4MP camera should be able to make pictures big enough if you use the highest quality setting (2304 x 1728 pixels).

Open GCU's card template in photoshop and also open a photo you want to turn into a card. Are they about the same in size ? If not, try to resize the photo (never resize the template ). After that you can transfer the photo to the template and make it one layer and save it as a jpeg.

Maybe it would be good to look for some photoshop tutorials online as that's not provided here.

Corrie

Email   IP Logged
phrank_131619
artist

Reply #2 - Sep 15th, 2007, 8:30am

If you have Photoshop, just put your photo in the work area...in the tools area, at the top find "IMAGE" click on it. Then in the drop down menue you will see "IMAGE SIZE"..click on that..another  menue will appear over your image..It will have Height, witdth in the Pixal area,, In the Docuement Size you will see "Resolution"...change the Number to 300..Whatever Height number comes up, (It should not be over 1200x1200) if it is, change one of the numbers to 1200. then click on OK...After the menue closes, click on file, SAVE AS, and give a name, and at the bottom of the menue mak it a JPG...click on SAVE..It should now be ready and acceptable

Email   IP Logged
Emily_132117
GCU Newbies
artist

Reply #3 - Sep 15th, 2007, 8:38am

Thankyou so much both of you Smiley I was trying to make it far more complicated than it actually is!!

Email   IP Logged

About Us     Artists     Artist FAQ     Blog     Card Sellers     Contact Us     Content Disclaimer     Forum     Paper Card Categories     Privacy Policy     Shopper FAQ     Holidays 2011

Click to verify BBB accreditation and to see a BBB report.                        
© Copyright 2000- Greeting Card Universe - Powered By Bigdates-Solutions.com   

GCU Forum » Powered by YaBB 2.1!
YaBB © 2000-2005. All Rights Reserved.