Welcome, Guest Login
You must login or register to post.

Card Images - is what you see what you get? (Read 1493 times)
Diana_131906
artist

Card Images - is what you see what you get?
Sep 10th, 2007, 5:59pm

Hi Everyone.... Cheesy

when designing my cards I use the standard size...5x7 or 7x5 and always at 300dpi....My question is about what I see on-line...

when I look at my images online...they don't appear so clear...I am talking about the GCU store....they look alright...but I just want to make sure the best quality is coming out of our store....

Does this make sense?

I also was wondering about the difference between PNG and JPG...what is format is better to save cards as???

Thanks in advance....
Diana

Email   IP Logged
Shaun_131054
GCU Administrator
artist

Re: Card Images - is what you see what you get?
Reply #1 - Sep 10th, 2007, 7:16pm

Hi Diana,

The cards are printed using the files that you upload to GCUniverse, and they are not modified in any way, so it's more of a "what you upload is what you get" type of thing.    

The images displayed in your store are low-resolution copies, so they may not be as clear as the original image.    

Regarding file format, GCUniverse is only able to accept JPG at this time.  

I've sent you an email with a few comments on your images.  

Shaun

Email   IP Logged
LD_131511
artist

Re: Card Images - is what you see what you get?
Reply #2 - Sep 17th, 2007, 2:20pm

I often save images higher than I need to.

My paint program is vector based and I normally save most images at 200 or higher DPI and around 20 x 20 or so size-wise depending.  

Most sites will allow you some adjustment in image size when applying an image to an item like a card. And the higher DPI and size mean it will reduce a bit better quality-wise.

That's just my method. Cheesy

~L~

Email   IP Logged

About Us     Artists     Artist FAQ     Blog     Card Sellers     Contact Us     Content Disclaimer     Forum     Paper Card Categories     Privacy Policy     Shopper FAQ     Holidays 2011

Click to verify BBB accreditation and to see a BBB report.                        
© Copyright 2000- Greeting Card Universe - Powered By Bigdates-Solutions.com   

GCU Forum » Powered by YaBB 2.1!
YaBB © 2000-2005. All Rights Reserved.