Welcome, Guest Login
You must login or register to post.

My Own Catagories In My Shop? (Read 1476 times)
Teresa_132055
GCU Newbies
artist

My Own Catagories In My Shop?
Sep 8th, 2007, 10:24am

Hi there,
I just signed up for a shop today, so I am still very new to all this...and am awaiting the first of my cards to be approved.
My question is this, is it possible to have my own catagories in my shop. The reason I ask this is that I plan to have a very varied collection of cards ranging from nature photographic images, to hand drawn cartoony type cards. I think it might be easier for people to see straight away what type of cards they would like to browse. Is this possible?
Yours 'still learning the ropes'
Teresa

Email   IP Logged
Howard_131719
GCU Newbies
artist

Re: My Own Catagories In My Shop?
Reply #1 - Sep 11th, 2007, 8:38am

I am interested in the same idea.  My cards fit into many different "categories" that don't match the system-wide categories.  It would be helpful if I could group my cards in ways that would make it easier for customers to find the designs that they are most interested in.

Email   IP Logged
Mindy
GCU Administrator
Community Manager

Reply #2 - Sep 11th, 2007, 12:07pm

Quote from Howard_131719 on Sep 11th, 2007, 8:38am:
I am interested in the same idea.  My cards fit into many different "categories" that don't match the system-wide categories.  It would be helpful if I could group my cards in ways that would make it easier for customers to find the designs that they are most interested in.

Hi Howard,
We're very open to creating new card categories when it makes sense.  Feel free to suggest some that would better serve your cards/audience.

Use this topic:  http://forum.greetingcarduniverse.com/forum/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1172091348

Regards,
Mindy

Email   IP Logged
Mindy
GCU Administrator
Community Manager

Reply #3 - Sep 11th, 2007, 12:11pm

Hi Teresa,
First, welcome to GCUniverse!

You're on the right track.  We've heard loud and clear that artists need a better way to organize cards within their storefronts.  We are working on this.  The general idea is to give you the ability to manage "sub-galleries" within your main gallery.
You could name these sub-galleries, ie: Photography, Cartoons, etc.

I think that would provide a solution.

Mindy

Email   IP Logged
Teresa_132055
GCU Newbies
artist

Reply #4 - Sep 11th, 2007, 12:39pm

That sounds great Mindy, just what I was looking for... Smiley

I am very much enjoying making up my cards so far and look forward to the new developments and extending my range.

Your site is brilliant, and I shall be spreading the word... Wink

Email   IP Logged
Mindy
GCU Administrator
Community Manager

Reply #5 - Sep 11th, 2007, 12:49pm

Great & thanks  Smiley
Mindy

Email   IP Logged
Howard_131719
GCU Newbies
artist

Reply #6 - Sep 11th, 2007, 2:18pm

I would love to see you implement Mindy's idea of giving artists the ability to manage "sub-galleries" within our main gallery.  By creating our own sub-galleries we could all "customize" our store fronts exactly the way we want them.   Let us know when this feature becomes available.

Email   IP Logged

About Us     Artists     Artist FAQ     Blog     Card Sellers     Contact Us     Content Disclaimer     Forum     Paper Card Categories     Privacy Policy     Shopper FAQ     Holidays 2011

Click to verify BBB accreditation and to see a BBB report.                        
© Copyright 2000- Greeting Card Universe - Powered By Bigdates-Solutions.com   

GCU Forum » Powered by YaBB 2.1!
YaBB © 2000-2005. All Rights Reserved.