Welcome, Guest Login
You must login or register to post.

Reduction in categorization options? (Read 1940 times)
Tom_131437
GCU Newbies
artist

Reduction in categorization options?
Sep 7th, 2007, 9:46am

Hi, guys--

I just uploaded a new card today, and I was allowed to categorize it in two categories rather than three, which had been customary. All of my other cards are still associated with the three categories I assigned them. Has there been a change here? No big deal...just wondering if I'm seeing a problem on my end! Thanks for any clarification.

Tom

Email   IP Logged
Corrie_131338
Gold Member

Re: Reduction in categorization options?
Reply #1 - Sep 7th, 2007, 11:12am

Hi, Tom!

Yes, I heard through the grapevine that GCU was considering reducing the category choices from three to two, and I noticed this afternoon that it had been done. Mindy will likely make an announcement at some point soon about the change.

So no, it's not a glitch and you didn't do anything wrong.  Smiley

Corrie
http://www.greetingcarduniverse.com/corrieweb
http://www.corrieweb.nl

Email   IP Logged
Mindy
GCU Administrator
Community Manager

Reply #2 - Sep 7th, 2007, 11:25am

Hi Tom,
You're right - you beat me to it!  Yes, as of today, new cards will be limited to only 2 categories.  Existing cards with 3 categories will remain as is.

This is in an effort to focus cards to their best suited category and help with overall card organization and shopping page presentation.

Mindy

Email   IP Logged
Tom_131437
GCU Newbies
artist

Reply #3 - Sep 7th, 2007, 12:06pm

Thanks for the clarification, Mindy and Corrie. So I assume this change is being grandfathered in and that existing cards will retain three categoirzations?

Tom

Email   IP Logged
Mindy
GCU Administrator
Community Manager

Reply #4 - Sep 7th, 2007, 12:21pm

Quote from Tom_131437 on Sep 7th, 2007, 12:06pm:
Thanks for the clarification, Mindy and Corrie. So I assume this change is being grandfathered in and that existing cards will retain three categoirzations?

Tom

Correct!

Email   IP Logged
Kathy_131728
Gold Member
artist

Reply #5 - Sep 8th, 2007, 5:39am

Hello,
I believe something funny is going on with the card categories.  For some reason today, all my cards only show up in two categories.  I know new cards are supposed to show up with only two categories, but I thought existing cards would continue to show with the three categories which we originally selected for them?  Please clarify.
Thanks.  If we are only being given two categories for old cards, I will have to go through all my cards to make sure they are in the best two categories for them.
Thank you.
Kathy
www.greetingcarduniverse.com/KathyHenis

Email   IP Logged
Kathy_131728
Gold Member
artist

Reply #6 - Sep 10th, 2007, 4:55am

I think I figured this out.  Although our old cards only show with two categories in the manage store section, they are actually in three categories on GCU, so nothing has changed on my old cards.
Kathy

Email   IP Logged
Mindy
GCU Administrator
Community Manager

Reply #7 - Sep 11th, 2007, 2:40pm

Hi Kathy,
This should be working properly and I want to double check with you.

On Manage Cards, older cards should show up to 3 categories that you chose.  If you only chose 1 or 2, then only those would show and will not giving you the 3rd category option.

If you chose 3 categories for an older card (before late last week) on Manage Cards it should show all 3 categories.

New cards will only allow/show 2 categories.  

Please confirm it's working that way.  
Mindy

Email   IP Logged
Kathy_131728
Gold Member
artist

Reply #8 - Sep 11th, 2007, 3:48pm

Hi Mindy,
Yes, in working with my cards today, I noticed that everything was working exactly as you described it.
Thanks! Smiley

Email   IP Logged

About Us     Artists     Artist FAQ     Blog     Card Sellers     Contact Us     Content Disclaimer     Forum     Paper Card Categories     Privacy Policy     Shopper FAQ     Holidays 2011

Click to verify BBB accreditation and to see a BBB report.                        
© Copyright 2000- Greeting Card Universe - Powered By Bigdates-Solutions.com   

GCU Forum » Powered by YaBB 2.1!
YaBB © 2000-2005. All Rights Reserved.