Welcome, Guest Login
You must login or register to post.

GCUniverse Server Upgrade (Read 2820 times)
Shaun_131054
GCU Administrator
artist

GCUniverse Server Upgrade
Aug 1st, 2007, 6:56pm

Greetings,

In an attempt to optimize both the user and artist experience on GCUniverse, we have moved the site to a faster set of servers.  This should help with loading time as well as increase the overall speed of the site.  

This update may result in a few small glitches around the site (possibly a missing icon here or there, nothing major).  We have tested the card ordering process and it is working correctly.  

We're currently testing all areas of the site, but if anyone does come across any issues please don't hesitate to let me know.  

If you have any questions, please let me know.  

Thanks,
Shaun

Email   IP Logged
Corrie_131338
Gold Member

Re: GCUniverse Server Upgrade
Reply #1 - Aug 2nd, 2007, 8:27am

Hi, Shaun!

We've had a strange problem today with 2 specific cards, neither of which will upload. The other cards we designed today, no problem. These two... we have no idea why they won't upload to the server. They're the correct size, the correct file extension (.jpg), and we've tried a number of times today (it's now 5:30 p.m. our time, and we've tried since about 2 o'clock). We've renamed the files, too, but that doesn't seem to work, either.

Is there a little glitch somewhere?

Corrie
http://www.greetingcarduniverse.com/corrieweb
http://www.corrieweb.nl

Email   IP Logged
Shaun_131054
GCU Administrator
artist

Reply #2 - Aug 2nd, 2007, 9:55am

Hi Corrie,

Sorry to hear that you had trouble uploading this cards, we apologize for the inconvenience.  If it's not too much trouble can you please email these two images to me so that they can be tested?  

Please send the images to shaun@bigdates.com.  

Thanks,
Shaun

Email   IP Logged
Corrie_131338
Gold Member

Reply #3 - Aug 2nd, 2007, 10:26am

Hi, Shaun!

I sent you the images. Hope your mailbox doesn't explode!  Cheesy

Corrie
http://www.greetingcarduniverse.com/corrieweb
http://www.corrieweb.nl

Email   IP Logged
Shaun_131054
GCU Administrator
artist

Reply #4 - Aug 2nd, 2007, 10:55am

Hi Corrie!  

I received your images and just replied to your email.    

Thanks again for passing the files along.  I believe we've corrected the problem.  Please let me know if you have any additional trouble.  

Shaun

p.s. my mailbox is still intact  Wink

Email   IP Logged
eugenia_131318
artist

Reply #5 - Aug 2nd, 2007, 7:22pm

This may have nothing to do with the upgrade but I have just noticed that a christmas and a wedding card are coming up when I click on my birthday category - there may be more but here are the first 2 I have found so far
Product Id:71620
Product Id:69324

Email   IP Logged
Picture_131439
artist

Reply #6 - Aug 3rd, 2007, 2:30pm

I don't know if this is related, but $1.50 in commissions seem to have disappeared for me-on the front page, "administrative settings", so it's not because of a date issue with the reports.

Email   IP Logged
Shaun_131054
GCU Administrator
artist

Reply #7 - Aug 3rd, 2007, 6:05pm

Quote from eugenia_131318 on Aug 2nd, 2007, 7:22pm:
This may have nothing to do with the upgrade but I have just noticed that a christmas and a wedding card are coming up when I click on my birthday category - there may be more but here are the first 2 I have found so far
Product Id:71620
Product Id:69324

Hi Eugenia,

Are these cards showing up in the Birthday category in your store page?  Or is this in the Manage Cards section of your Admin. area?  

If you noticed this issue in your Manage Cards section, it may have been caused by a glitch that we are currently working to correct.  

When you view your cards by category, and click Next to view the second page of cards for that category, it mistakenly brings you to a listing of ALL of your cards instead of the specific category that you were viewing.    

So if you are viewing your birthday cards and click Next, you may see some additional cards from other categories, since you are now viewing all of your cards.  

Hope that made sense  Shocked

We hope to have glitch corrected shortly, and we apologize for the confusion.  

If you are seeing these cards on your actual storefront, please let me know.  

Shaun

Email   IP Logged
Shaun_131054
GCU Administrator
artist

Reply #8 - Aug 3rd, 2007, 6:32pm

Quote from Picture_131439 on Aug 3rd, 2007, 2:30pm:
I don't know if this is related, but $1.50 in commissions seem to have disappeared for me-on the front page, "administrative settings", so it's not because of a date issue with the reports.

Hello,  
Can you let me know when you noticed this deduction?  We did remove the Support Your Troops cards from the sales reports about a week ago, as artists were mistakenly receiving commissions on these cards.  

This may have caused a reduction in both cards sold and earnings.  

Shaun

Email   IP Logged
Picture_131439
artist

Reply #9 - Aug 3rd, 2007, 6:41pm

Quote from Shaun_131054 on Aug 3rd, 2007, 6:32pm:
Quote from Picture_131439 on Aug 3rd, 2007, 2:30pm:

Hello,
Can you let me know when you noticed this deduction?  We did remove the Support Your Troops cards from the sales reports about a week ago, as artists were mistakenly receiving commissions on these cards.  

This may have caused a reduction in both cards sold and earnings.  

Shaun

Two days ago-I logged in to check my cards sold and thought I didn't sell any because it was showing lower than the previous day, but I sold three.  I've been super busy, so I hadn't had a chance to say anything-I figured it could wait a few days since a check wasn't due to be mailed until October Smiley

Email   IP Logged

About Us     Artists     Artist FAQ     Blog     Card Sellers     Contact Us     Content Disclaimer     Forum     Paper Card Categories     Privacy Policy     Shopper FAQ     Holidays 2011

Click to verify BBB accreditation and to see a BBB report.                        
© Copyright 2000- Greeting Card Universe - Powered By Bigdates-Solutions.com   

GCU Forum » Powered by YaBB 2.1!
YaBB © 2000-2005. All Rights Reserved.