Welcome, Guest Login
You must login or register to post.

Pages: 1 2 3 4
Support out Troops Promotion Idea - your feedback (Read 11467 times)
Mindy
GCU Administrator
Community Manager

Support out Troops Promotion Idea - your feedback
May 1st, 2007, 2:57pm

Hello!
With our rapidly growing and flexible content, we're thinking of clever ways to get more exposure.  Here's an idea that could be effective and at the same time support a good cause  Smiley

Please provide us your feedback/thoughts on this promotion by this Friday, May 4th.

For a limited time, GCUniverse and participating artists would offer a selection of "Support our Troops" cards at below cost pricing.  These cards would be priced at 50 cents plus postage, $2 below regular price.  Artists and GCUniverse would NOT make any money on these cards.  We would ship the cards to an organization that distributes to individuals in Iraq in need of a "mail call".

Here are some more details:

- You would design cards for this promotion and put them in Collections >>Support our Troops category
- You would NOT earn any fees on cards in this category for a limited time, perhaps 5/09/07 - 7/01/07
- We would issue a press release about this promotion listing participating artists

Please note that your participation or lack of participation in this program by no means would define your support or opposition of the war in Iraq.  We all support the men and women risking their lives on a daily basis.  These cards can be a small token to extend positive and encouraging messages to the troops.

We look forward to your feedback.    Here are some specific questions:

1. Do you like this idea and think we should move forward with it?
2. Would you create cards for this promotion/category?    If yes, how many cards?
3. We would need to spread the word.  Would you tell your network of friends & family about this promotion?

As always, thank you for your opinions!
Mindy

Email   IP Logged
Picture_131439
artist

Re: Support out Troops Promotion Idea - your feedb
Reply #1 - May 1st, 2007, 3:03pm

I like it.  I already have cards in that catagory as well as a squidoo lens pointing to several cards and some adopt a soldier sites.

Email   IP Logged
cheryl_131479
Ex Member

Reply #2 - May 1st, 2007, 5:04pm

It sounds good to me too..  
I'm running out of town for personal issues and will most likely not be back before late friday.
How soon are you requesting we create the card designs?

IP Logged
Holly_131390
GCU Newbies
artist

Reply #3 - May 1st, 2007, 7:08pm

I think it's a fine idea. Serves a dual purpose -- it lets people find a way to show their support for the troops, and it lets people know about GCU. How could it go wrong?  I'll  create a few designs this week.

Email   IP Logged
Lynne_131303
artist

Reply #4 - May 1st, 2007, 7:27pm

I think it’s a great idea. Right now, I think they could use a morale booster...and it’s a way for us to do something positive, whether or not we subscribe to the politics. I would be willing to submit a few designs for the effort. I have a Mother’s Day card targeted to families with a "military mom".

Email   IP Logged
Colleen_131364
GCU Newbies
artist

Reply #5 - May 1st, 2007, 9:25pm

I think that the "Support the Troops" campaign is a great idea.  I will start working on designs right away.  Just to clarify, will the cards be sent to enlisted men and women or will the card be sent from enlisted men and women to their home?  For example, from the soldiers to mothers, children, etc..  Thanks.

Email   IP Logged
Colleen_131364
GCU Newbies
artist

Reply #6 - May 1st, 2007, 10:25pm

You know, I've been thinking a little more about the troops campaign.  Could greeting card universe donate some cards for the soldiers to send home and write it off as a charitable donation?  I imagine for quite a few of the soldiers, having the opportunity to send a card home would be very appreciated.

Email   IP Logged
Corrie_131338
Gold Member

Reply #7 - May 2nd, 2007, 2:39am

Yes, we think the promotional campaign may provide some public exposure, so we've put a card into Support Our Troops. We may add another one later.  

Good luck! Cheesy

Corrie
http://www.greetingcarduniverse.com/corrieweb
http://www.corrieweb.nl

Email   IP Logged
Jen_131266
GCU Newbies
artist

Reply #8 - May 2nd, 2007, 5:34am

Great idea - I would like to participate in this too. Smiley

Jen
www.gcuniverse.com/jencosgrove

Email   IP Logged
Noelle_131270
GCU Newbies
artist

Reply #9 - May 2nd, 2007, 6:17am

Anything you need, I will do!!!!! I have my daughters school putting together care packages the 11th. I will support this & pass it along to my resources that I know support our troops. I will design & donate as mant caeds as I have time for. What a great thing your doing!!!!

Email   IP Logged
Jen_131266
GCU Newbies
artist

Reply #10 - May 3rd, 2007, 2:13pm

Hi again - You asked some specific questions that I neglected to answer in my first reply, so here goes:

Ques. 2 - "how many cards?" >> I have created 3 cards for this card category and would like to create at least 2 more.  

Ques 3. "We would need to spread the word.  Would you tell your network of friends & family about this promotion?" >> Yes, definitely. I would also like to send a brief press release to our local news outlets -- something along the lines of "Local Artist Joins International Greeting Card Campaign to Support Troops." I live near some military installations, so I think there's a good chance it would get picked up.  

I'd be happy to run the text by GCU staff, of course, to make sure the release accurately describes the promotion and sends the right message. I wouldn't send it until you said the text and timing were right. Or if you all would like to provide us with a basic PR that we could personalize with our names and a quote or something, that would be fine with me, too.

Great idea - look forward to helping make it successful! Grin

Jen
www.gcuniverse.com/jencosgrove

Email   IP Logged
Stella_131317
GCU Newbies
artist

Reply #11 - May 3rd, 2007, 4:34pm

If I can find the design I did for the deployed Soldier of her dog in uniform I will make it into a card  Grin

Violano Art Gallery Nero Corvo Fine Art:
http://artist.greetingcarduniverse.com/Violano
Email   IP Logged
Mindy
GCU Administrator
Community Manager

Re: Support out Troops Promotion  - It's a Go
Reply #12 - May 4th, 2007, 4:42pm

Good news, the Support our Troops promotion is a go!  Thank you for your quick, supportive and creative responses.  Many of you have already created inspiring cards for this effort, great job!

More good news, we will mail the completed cards from this promotion to Operation USO Care Package (http://www.usocares.org/) to be included in their care packages.

Here's the plan:
1. Create and add your cards to the Support our Troops category.  To be mentioned in promotional materials add your cards by 5/20/07.

2. If you have cards in this category and DO NOT want to participate, remove them from the Support our Troops category and instead use Collections >>Patriotic

3. Tentatively the promotion will run for 3 months, 5/21/07 - 8/21/07  

4. We will provide you with some promotional deliverables to help you spread the word

This is an exciting venture with great teamwork that should bring smiles to many  Cheesy

Thanks so much for your participation!
Mindy

Email   IP Logged
Picture_131439
artist

Re: Support out Troops Promotion  - It's a Go
Reply #13 - May 23rd, 2007, 10:37am

Quote from Mindy on May 4th, 2007, 4:42pm:
Good news, the Support our Troops promotion is a go!  Thank you for your quick, supportive and creative responses.  Many of you have already created inspiring cards for this effort, great job!

More good news, we will mail the completed cards from this promotion to Operation USO Care Package (http://www.usocares.org/) to be included in their care packages.

Here's the plan:
1. Create and add your cards to the Support our Troops category.  To be mentioned in promotional materials add your cards by 5/20/07.

2. If you have cards in this category and DO NOT want to participate, remove them from the Support our Troops category and instead use Collections >>Patriotic

3. Tentatively the promotion will run for 3 months, 5/21/07 - 8/21/07

4. We will provide you with some promotional deliverables to help you spread the word

This is an exciting venture with great teamwork that should bring smiles to many  Cheesy

Thanks so much for your participation!
Mindy

Do we have any info on this promotion yet?

Do the cards have to go through this organization?  We are shipping some donatables overseas where I work and they might like the idea of including personally signed cards if they can be ordered and shipped here.

Email   IP Logged
Mindy
GCU Administrator
Community Manager

Reply #14 - May 23rd, 2007, 11:11am

Hi,
We're on the verge of rolling this program out.  Still pinning down some of the details.  We're talking w/ some potential sponsors to possibly offer the cards for free vs 50 cents.

Yes, we will forward the completed cards to Operation USO Care Package.  They will include them into the care packages that they send out.  

Hope that answers your q's.
Mindy

Email   IP Logged

About Us     Artists     Artist FAQ     Blog     Card Sellers     Contact Us     Content Disclaimer     Forum     Paper Card Categories     Privacy Policy     Shopper FAQ     Holidays 2011

Click to verify BBB accreditation and to see a BBB report.                        
© Copyright 2000- Greeting Card Universe - Powered By Bigdates-Solutions.com   

GCU Forum » Powered by YaBB 2.1!
YaBB © 2000-2005. All Rights Reserved.