Welcome, Guest Login
You must login or register to post.

Pages: 1 2 
Thank you to the review team (Read 2230 times)
Lisa_214209

Thank you to the review team
May 6th, 2020, 3:01pm

I wanted to express my gratitude toward the review team at GCU. I had been absent here for many years, but never closed my shop. Making the decision to return was one of my 2020 business plans, especially since my artwork had changed and I had new art to share... understandably there was a learning curve from being away for so long.  
Thank you GCU team for being kind, welcoming, patient and efficient in helping me get back up to speed. I look forward to sharing new work and getting reacquainted with creative folks.
Have a wonderful, creative week.
And stay safe,
Lisa

La Belle Paperie, Artistic Greeting Cards:
http://www.greetingcarduniverse.com/LaBellePaperie
Email   IP Logged
CAROL_243890

Re: Thank you to the review team
Reply #1 - May 6th, 2020, 3:06pm

Welcome back Lisa,
I agree with you. I've always found them very helpful and very easy to work with from the day I started.

Carol

Email   IP Logged
Lisa_214209

Reply #2 - May 6th, 2020, 3:44pm

Thank you Carol  Cheesy

Email   IP Logged
Doreen_137017
Gold Member
artist

Reply #3 - May 6th, 2020, 3:50pm

Welcome back, Lisa!

I agree completely! All that I have learned over the years from the reviewers at GCU has been incredible and made me the greeting card designer I am today.

There is no place like GCU and I wish all artists would stay positive as you have and take in all that is offered, because it's truly a learning platform that no other place offers for free.  

Email   IP Logged
Lisa_214209

Reply #4 - May 6th, 2020, 4:02pm

Hi Doreen,  
Thank you for your kind words. Certainly, after many years as a freelance artist, I have learned how (most often) feedback is constructive and meant to improve on a design not hurt it.  
But it does take some getting used to if you aren't familiar with it.  Grin

Email   IP Logged
CAROL_243890

Reply #5 - May 6th, 2020, 4:08pm

I've learned quite a bit from you too, Doreen. I've only just started on Instagram, I'm following you and I spotted you were using a link called linktree, so I looked it up and after a few hours (because I kept messing it up) I was able to link my Instagram to GCU and my FB page. Handy link!  Grin

Carol

Email   IP Logged
Lisa_214209

Reply #6 - May 6th, 2020, 4:39pm

That's awesome Carol! Yes, I enjoy Instagram and have used it for years for my freelance work. I just began the account for my GCU shop. Plus, it is a great way to meet people! Pinterest is another great way to market your work and products too.

Email   IP Logged
CAROL_243890

Reply #7 - May 6th, 2020, 5:10pm

Yes Lisa, we've started following each other.  Cheesy

Email   IP Logged
Doreen_137017
Gold Member
artist

Reply #8 - May 6th, 2020, 6:42pm

Oh, that's wonderful, Carol! I had SO MANY sites I sell on and host I was thrilled to find Linktree and have one link that gets folks to wherever they wished to go!

I need to make sure I too am following you both on Instagram and Pinterest.

Email   IP Logged
Evelyn_142919
artist

Reply #9 - May 6th, 2020, 8:11pm

Welcome back, Lisa! And thanks to all of you for the Linktree tip!  

Evie

Email   IP Logged
Betsy_145102
Gold Member
artist

Reply #10 - May 7th, 2020, 11:46am

Lisa, I love our review team, also! Always so kind and helpful. I would like to join Carol in letting, you, Doreen, know how much you have been such a mentor to me over the past 9 years and I really appreciate it! Now, for this Linktree business, must go check it out! Grin

Email   IP Logged
CAROL_243890

Reply #11 - May 7th, 2020, 1:10pm

Grin Grin Grin I knew I'd get you interested once I mentioned it. Thanks to spotting on Doreens instagram page.  

Email   IP Logged
Doreen_137017
Gold Member
artist

Reply #12 - May 7th, 2020, 3:47pm

Quote from Betsy_145102 on May 7th, 2020, 11:46am:
Lisa, I love our review team, also! Always so kind and helpful. I would like to join Carol in letting, you, Doreen, know how much you have been such a mentor to me over the past 9 years and I really appreciate it! Now, for this Linktree business, must go check it out! Grin

Oh, Betsy, you're welcome! So glad to help whenever I can. Smiley

Email   IP Logged
Mindy
GCU Administrator
Community Manager

Reply #13 - May 8th, 2020, 5:45pm

Thank you for the kind words, Lisa.  It is great to hear and wonderful for the review team to hear as it can be quite tedious work.   And Welcome Back!  We are excited and grateful for your return, new submissions, and great synergy with the review team and other artists.

We have had a fair number of artists returning after a hiatus.  It can be a rough re-entry but our review team is keen to offer pointed guidance in somewhat of a refresher for your return.  

Yes, kudos to Doreen on sharing much advice and tips for our community!  And other artists for being receptive. If we stop learning, we stop growing.  

Thank you for being receptive to growing!

Email   IP Logged
Lisa_131794
GCU Newbies
artist

Reply #14 - May 14th, 2020, 6:03am

Welcome back Lisa, from another Lisa.   Wink  I also say a big thanks to the review team for all their hard work and advice! Very much appreciated and I know how busy they  must be right now.  

I am an artist (painter) and I love to see my painting images on canvas transform into greeting cards here at Greeting card universe.  We have lots of talented artists and so many beautiful unique cards.  

Email   IP Logged

About Us     Artists     Artist FAQ     Blog     Card Sellers     Contact Us     Content Disclaimer     Forum     Paper Card Categories     Privacy Policy     Shopper FAQ     Holidays 2011

Click to verify BBB accreditation and to see a BBB report.                        
© Copyright 2000- Greeting Card Universe - Powered By Bigdates-Solutions.com   

GCU Forum » Powered by YaBB 2.1!
YaBB © 2000-2005. All Rights Reserved.