Welcome, Guest Login
You must login or register to post.

Color Palette File Help (Read 1234 times)
Mary_Melinda_412298

Color Palette File Help
Aug 19th, 2017, 9:13am

Hi,
I'm quite new here. I tried a search of the forum but didn't get a result. I have found your Adobe color palette file but it is an ACO file for use with Photoshop. I don't use Photoshop but I do use Adobe Illustrator CS5 which requires ASE color palette files. I was wondering if there is an ASE file available for your color palette or if someone who has access to Photoshop would mind converting the ACO file to and ASE file for me. I would very much appreciate any assistance with this. Thanks!
 Smiley

Email   IP Logged
Doreen_137017
Gold Member
artist

Re: Color Palette File Help
Reply #1 - Aug 19th, 2017, 12:06pm

What 'color palette' are you referring to? Are you asking about the GCU color chart? If you are inquiring about a specific color 'trend' palette on a blog post, then the answer is you just need to do a google search for color palettes for Illustrator.

If you are wanting the GCU color chart, that is a jpg image file and I can probably find a link to that on the blog for you.

More specifics please. Smiley

Email   IP Logged
Mary_Melinda_412298

Reply #2 - Aug 20th, 2017, 11:35am

Thanks for the reply Doreen,
I'm referring to the file GCU_ColorCHART_PSCS5.aco that is available for download to use in Photoshop. I can't use this type of palette file in Illustrator. I can use a saved jpg version and the color picker to get the hex codes but it would be more convenient for me if there were an Illustrator compatible .ase version. The .aco palette can be converted to .ase in Photoshop I understand. One of these days I might just download the trial version of Photoshop and see if I can convert it myself. Thanks again!

Email   IP Logged
Doreen_137017
Gold Member
artist

Reply #3 - Aug 20th, 2017, 12:08pm

Okay. I use PS so I can not convert it for you, but even so I just bring up the jpg and color pick when I use it.

Good luck!

Email   IP Logged
Stacia_208183
Gold Member

Reply #4 - Aug 20th, 2017, 12:28pm

Hey, that resource sounds awesome! I had just clicked around with a color picker to try to make my store blend with GCU's, but if there's an official resource, that would great for the next time I decide to tweak my store. Therefore, Doreen, I'd love to have the link from the blog if you can find it.  Smiley

Email   IP Logged
Doreen_137017
Gold Member
artist

Reply #5 - Aug 20th, 2017, 1:01pm

Quote from Stacia_208183 on Aug 20th, 2017, 12:28pm:
Hey, that resource sounds awesome! I had just clicked around with a color picker to try to make my store blend with GCU's, but if there's an official resource, that would great for the next time I decide to tweak my store. Therefore, Doreen, I'd love to have the link from the blog if you can find it.  Smiley

Hi Stacia - This is not for making your store colors match GCU, it's the Color Chart of colors offered for GCU text, since you can not enter a color number. It's useful to make your inside or custom front text match or come as close as possible when you design the card front image.  Smiley

https://gcucommunity.com/2014/09/15/dash-of-inspiration-gcu-color-chart/

Email   IP Logged
Stacia_208183
Gold Member

Reply #6 - Aug 20th, 2017, 3:09pm

Quote from Doreen_137017 on Aug 20th, 2017, 1:01pm:
Quote from Stacia_208183 on Aug 20th, 2017, 12:28pm:

Hi Stacia - This is not for making your store colors match GCU, it's the Color Chart of colors offered for GCU text, since you can not enter a color number. It's useful to make your inside or custom front text match or come as close as possible when you design the card front image.  Smiley

https://gcucommunity.com/2014/09/15/dash-of-inspiration-gcu-color-chart/

Grin  Why is there not a light bulb icon when you need one?! Thanks for clarifying!    Doreen, you are so gracious with your time and support of other designers on their journeys of expression & self improvement. We're (yes, I think I can speak for more than just me) always amazed by your willingness to share wisdom. (Why is there not a heart icon?)

Email   IP Logged
Mary_Melinda_412298

Reply #7 - Aug 20th, 2017, 3:32pm

Thanks for posting the link Doreen. I couldn't remember where I'd found it. And thank you both for taking the time to reply to a newbie.

Email   IP Logged
Doreen_137017
Gold Member
artist

Reply #8 - Aug 20th, 2017, 4:38pm

You're very sweet, Stacia. Smiley

You're also welcome, Mary. Good luck with your new store!  

Email   IP Logged

About Us     Artists     Artist FAQ     Blog     Card Sellers     Contact Us     Content Disclaimer     Forum     Paper Card Categories     Privacy Policy     Shopper FAQ     Holidays 2011

Click to verify BBB accreditation and to see a BBB report.                        
© Copyright 2000- Greeting Card Universe - Powered By Bigdates-Solutions.com   

GCU Forum » Powered by YaBB 2.1!
YaBB © 2000-2005. All Rights Reserved.