Welcome, Guest Login
You must login or register to post.

Category wish list (Read 1331 times)
Betsy_145102
Gold Member
artist

Category wish list
Jan 19th, 2015, 9:02am

Happy Monday! I have a couple of categories I would love to see added. Since chalkboard style and typography are so popular, I find it odd we don't have them as category options. Please and Thank You! Smiley

Email   IP Logged
Mindy
GCU Administrator
Community Manager

Re: Category wish list
Reply #1 - Jan 22nd, 2015, 1:57pm

Quote from Betsy_145102 on Jan 19th, 2015, 9:02am:
Happy Monday! I have a couple of categories I would love to see added. Since chalkboard style and typography are so popular, I find it odd we don't have them as category options. Please and Thank You! Smiley

Hi Betsy,
We agree these are hot styles!  

At this time however these styles are best served by including the terms and descriptions in the card title, keywords and Artist Notes for shoppers to find exactly what they are searching for quickly.  

In general we've stayed away from categorizing by "style" for several reasons - the list of styles and trends would be endless, only "general" cards would be in the sub-category Birthday >> Chalkboard for example not "specific" cards (name specific, relation specific, etc.), etc.

However this is a great idea and we have just added it here under Collections:
Collections >> Chalkboard / Blackboard Art
Collections >> Any Occasion / Blank Note Card >> Chalkboard / Blackboard art

And have appended these existing categories to include Word Art:
Collections >> Typography / Hand Lettering / Word Art
Collections >> Any Occasion / Blank Note Card >> Typography / Hand Lettering / Word Art

Sound good?

When time permits we will move / add to existing cards accordingly.

Thank you for the suggestion  

Email   IP Logged
Betsy_145102
Gold Member
artist

Reply #2 - Jan 22nd, 2015, 6:55pm

Mindy, Thanks so much! That is exactly what I had in mind! I really appreciate it!Smiley

Email   IP Logged
Chris_304224
GCU Newbies

Reply #3 - Apr 1st, 2015, 7:35am

Hi  
     I would like to see a category added for cards that could be used at funerals or memorial services. The cards would be for attendees to use to share a memory of the deceased.

Perhaps Occasions>Funerals>Share a memory

would be a suitable addition.

Chris

Email   IP Logged

About Us     Artists     Artist FAQ     Blog     Card Sellers     Contact Us     Content Disclaimer     Forum     Paper Card Categories     Privacy Policy     Shopper FAQ     Holidays 2011

Click to verify BBB accreditation and to see a BBB report.                        
© Copyright 2000- Greeting Card Universe - Powered By Bigdates-Solutions.com   

GCU Forum » Powered by YaBB 2.1!
YaBB © 2000-2005. All Rights Reserved.