Welcome, Guest Login
You must login or register to post.

How long does it take to get approval? (Read 2256 times)
Sherry_205423
Gold Member

How long does it take to get approval?
Nov 10th, 2012, 8:48am

Hi everyone - I was wondering how long, on average, it takes for a card to get approved? I'm anxious to see my others in my store.

Is it the same for all cards or do some get approved faster than others?  

Does it take longer if you submit alot at one time (within an hour or so) or make a difference if they are submitted over a longer period of time like several days?

Email   IP Logged
Kimberly_205113
GCU Newbies

Re: How long does it take to get approval?
Reply #1 - Nov 10th, 2012, 8:57am

I'm curious too, as I've submitted several cards and it's been 10 days now. This is my first time submitting cards and I'd really like to see mine approved...  

I'm also wondering what the criteria are... how are cards judged, etc.  

Email   IP Logged
Tracie_152843
Gold Member
artist

Reply #2 - Nov 10th, 2012, 9:04am

It takes anywhere from 1-4 weeks. The holiday season is on the slower end because there are so many more cards for the reviewers to go through. It may take a while, but is so worth it because they catch mistakes you might not even see and you end up selling more cards that way  Cheesy

Email   IP Logged
Doreen_137017
Gold Member
artist

Reply #3 - Nov 10th, 2012, 9:09am

Quote from Sherry_205423 on Nov 10th, 2012, 8:48am:
Hi everyone - I was wondering how long, on average, it takes for a card to get approved? I'm anxious to see my others in my store.

Is it the same for all cards or do some get approved faster than others?

Does it take longer if you submit alot at one time (within an hour or so) or make a difference if they are submitted over a longer period of time like several days?

Tracie answered the length of time question ... No to the other inquiries, there is not difference in how long it takes regardless of how many at a time you create.  If you can create everyday, then soon, you will have cards being added to your store every day  Smiley

Email   IP Logged
Sherry_205423
Gold Member

Reply #4 - Nov 10th, 2012, 9:12am

What is Fast Track? Should I be checking that on all my cards to get them approved quicker? Is that reserved for certain cards? I can't find anything that explains Fast Track.

Email   IP Logged
Doreen_137017
Gold Member
artist

Reply #5 - Nov 10th, 2012, 9:24am

Quote from Sherry_205423 on Nov 10th, 2012, 9:12am:
What is Fast Track? Should I be checking that on all my cards to get them approved quicker? Is that reserved for certain cards? I can't find anything that explains Fast Track.

No ... Fast Track is ONLY for cards requested by a customer.  So, if you were to create a card for one of the recent Wanted Cards thread, you can Fast Track that card (based on Mindy's instructions for that request). Always put a link to the Wanted Card thread you are creating the card for when using Fast Track.

Or, if you have a customer that requested custom work, you can FT that card and put the Custom Request # on the reviewer's notes so they know why you are using Fast Track.

Email   IP Logged
Sherry_205423
Gold Member

Reply #6 - Nov 10th, 2012, 9:45am

Thank you Tracie and Doreen for your great explanations. I appreciate your taking your time to answer my questions. Guess I'll just keep hoping it won't take too much longer for my cards to be approved.

Email   IP Logged
Angela_151919
Gold Member
artist

Reply #7 - Nov 11th, 2012, 5:28am

Hi Sherry,
I try and submit cards regularly, not loads at once or big time gaps in between. That way, I get a steady approval rate and my store front is changing and being updated regularly. It also gives me a buzz to see my new cards being added at a steady rate!
Good luck with your store.

Email   IP Logged
Sherry_205423
Gold Member

Reply #8 - Nov 11th, 2012, 8:47am

Thanks, Angela. That's what I've been doing. I just want to see more than one card in my store.  Smiley

Email   IP Logged
cheryl_133782
Gold Member
artist

Reply #9 - Nov 11th, 2012, 7:27pm

How long is a piece of string?  Grin

Cheryl  Cheesy

Email   IP Logged

About Us     Artists     Artist FAQ     Blog     Card Sellers     Contact Us     Content Disclaimer     Forum     Paper Card Categories     Privacy Policy     Shopper FAQ     Holidays 2011

Click to verify BBB accreditation and to see a BBB report.                        
© Copyright 2000- Greeting Card Universe - Powered By Bigdates-Solutions.com   

GCU Forum » Powered by YaBB 2.1!
YaBB © 2000-2005. All Rights Reserved.