Welcome, Guest Login
You must login or register to post.

In Remembrance of Child on Birthday (Read 1617 times)
Mindy
GCU Administrator
Community Manager

In Remembrance of Child on Birthday
Jun 5th, 2012, 3:01pm

from a shopper ...

"We have started a program at our medical facility to help parents cope wityh the death of a child. We would like to send a card each year on the deceased child's birthday to remind parents their child has not been forgotten. Would like the card to have a serious but uplifting tone; remembrance of child yet hope for peace in the survivor's life."

The shopper will find these cards here:
Birthday >> In Remembrance of ... >> In Remembrance of Child / General
http://www.greetingcarduniverse.com/shopping/cb.asp?cid=16372

To expedite the review of these cards please check "Fast Track Review" on the Card Image Details page when you create your card.

Email   IP Logged
Karen_137659
artist

Re: In Remembrance of Child on Birthday
Reply #1 - Jun 5th, 2012, 3:30pm

PID # 933885 Submitted for Fast Track, this is geared more toward a girl. The flower on the card was made by the  daughter of a friend of mine. Her daughter passed away and she holds on to this flower dearly. Designing the card was a way of letting Jenny's art continue on. This card is customizable.

PID#831900 already approved and available for purchase.

Email   IP Logged
cheryl_133782
Gold Member
artist

Reply #2 - Jun 6th, 2012, 1:03am

and some from me ...

933947 933946 933945 933944 933943

Thanks

Cheryl

Email   IP Logged
A_154782
GCU Newbies
artist

Reply #3 - Jun 7th, 2012, 6:36pm

Two from me:

Email   IP Logged
cheryl_133782
Gold Member
artist

Reply #4 - Jun 7th, 2012, 7:28pm

Card titles and possibly keywords need to be checked for spelling for the word "remembrance". I see two of the cards up so far have incorrect spelling. Not being picky but these cards may get missed in a search.  Cheesy

Cheryl

Email   IP Logged
Claudia_193021
GCU Newbies

Reply #5 - Jun 14th, 2012, 3:05pm

I know I am late and don't know how long after the request the fast track might be used. But I submitted #935986.  
This card is not for sending on the birthday of a child (or a loved one) that passed away, but to send to the parents a year after the child passed away to let them know we understand their feelings.

Claudia

Email   IP Logged
Mindy
GCU Administrator
Community Manager

Reply #6 - Jun 25th, 2012, 3:25pm

The requesting shopper has purchased these two cards by artist Sandra Rose:

www.greetingcarduniverse.com/shopping/cb.asp?cid=16372&keyword=646481

www.greetingcarduniverse.com/shopping/cb.asp?keyword=933951

And the shopper has shared this wonderful testimonial:
"These cards are perfect! We had these designed to meet a very critical need for our pediatric program. Am extremely satisified with the end product. We will order again in the future!"

Congratulations and thank you Sandra!  You've made this shopper a real fan of GCU cards Smiley

Email   IP Logged
Doreen_137017
Gold Member
artist

Reply #7 - Jun 25th, 2012, 5:19pm

Quote from Mindy on Jun 25th, 2012, 3:25pm:

"These cards are perfect! We had these designed to meet a very critical need for our pediatric program. Am extremely satisified with the end product. We will order again in the future!"

Congratulations and thank you Sandra!  You've made this shopper a real fan of GCU cards Smiley

Congratulations Sandra!  LOVELY cards!

I have a question Mindy - I know there is much controversy over the use of the ellipsis and how it is displayed.  I got a lot of my cards back because I preferred to look of no spaces such as Sandra used in her card:  this:  ...

But I've been asked when I used no spacing to correct it to this:  . . . (spaces in between).  

I'm curious because Sandra's card is obviously a new card and the no spaces between the dots was allowed (I prefer the look).  So, I'm thinking I don't have the 'whole picture' yet on acceptable usage of the ellipsis, yet it's something I love to use  Grin

Can you offer any thoughts on this subject?

Email   IP Logged
Mindy_artist
artist

Reply #8 - Jun 25th, 2012, 5:38pm

Quote from Doreen_137017 on Jun 25th, 2012, 5:19pm:

I have a question Mindy - I know there is much controversy over the use of the ellipsis and how it is displayed.  I got a lot of my cards back because I preferred to look of no spaces such as Sandra used in her card:  this:  ...

But I've been asked when I used no spacing to correct it to this:  . . . (spaces in between).

I'm curious because Sandra's card is obviously a new card and the no spaces between the dots was allowed (I prefer the look).  So, I'm thinking I don't have the 'whole picture' yet on acceptable usage of the ellipsis, yet it's something I love to use  Grin

Let me check with the punctuation powers that be and post back here.

Email   IP Logged
Penny_134243
Gold Member
artist

Reply #9 - Jun 25th, 2012, 8:14pm

Lovely cards, Sandra!  That's a challenging sentiment to get right, but you did it perfectly!

Congrats on the sales!

Penny Smiley

Email   IP Logged
Mindy
GCU Administrator
Community Manager

Reply #10 - Jun 26th, 2012, 1:53pm

Quote from Mindy_artist on Jun 25th, 2012, 5:38pm:

The word is that we allow both spaces . . . and no spaces ... between the marks just as long as:
a) there are only 3 marks
b) there is a preceeding space when coming after a word ...   OR trailing space when coming before a word.   ... like this.

If there are cards in question you'd like us to take another look at please share pid#s.  We will reinforce this standard with the entire review team.  

Thank you for bringing this up.

Email   IP Logged
Doreen_137017
Gold Member
artist

Reply #11 - Jun 26th, 2012, 4:58pm

Quote from Mindy on Jun 26th, 2012, 1:53pm:

The word is that we allow both spaces . . . and no spaces ... between the marks just as long as:
b) there is a preceeding space when coming after a word ...   OR trailing space when coming before a word.   ... like this.

If there are cards in question you'd like us to take another look at please share pid#s.  We will reinforce this standard with the entire review team.  

Excellent and thank you!  I'm good, no need to worry about cards of the past - I was just trying to wrap my mind around what was and was not acceptable ... and you've clarified it perfectly!  Thanks a billion for taking the time to respond!

Email   IP Logged
Claudia_193021
GCU Newbies

Reply #12 - Jun 27th, 2012, 2:45am

Beautiful cards, Sandra!

Congratulations on the sales!

Claudia

Email   IP Logged
Cherie_131661
artist

Reply #13 - Jun 27th, 2012, 5:11am

Quote from Mindy on Jun 26th, 2012, 1:53pm:

Thank you, I use these quite often and have also wanted/needed a concrete rule.

Email   IP Logged
Sandra_133229
Gold Member
artist

Reply #14 - Jun 27th, 2012, 5:34am

Thanks, everyone. It was just one of those times when I was able to put it all together to hone in on the feel they were looking for.

Email   IP Logged

About Us     Artists     Artist FAQ     Blog     Card Sellers     Contact Us     Content Disclaimer     Forum     Paper Card Categories     Privacy Policy     Shopper FAQ     Holidays 2011

Click to verify BBB accreditation and to see a BBB report.                        
© Copyright 2000- Greeting Card Universe - Powered By Bigdates-Solutions.com   

GCU Forum » Powered by YaBB 2.1!
YaBB © 2000-2005. All Rights Reserved.