Welcome, Guest Login
You must login or register to post.

Is the "Sell This Card" feature working? (Read 2482 times)
Cindy_152495
Gold Member
artist

Is the "Sell This Card" feature working?
Nov 17th, 2011, 9:28am

Maybe I'm  not doing it right, and if so, I hope someone can help.  I started the Design of the Day Blog two months ago on September 14, 2011 (here's my first post there: http://gcu-designoftheday.blogspot.com/2011/09/greeting-card-universe-design-of- day.html) for two reasons.  

1. I really enjoy seeing the GCU DotD cards and promoting them, even if there were no rewards; because I feel it is a good promotional tool no matter what.  

2. However, secondly, I use the "Sell This Card" link (embedding my Artist number) on each and every card there because I figured it would help my small business grow; but I haven't had even a single sale through it, to my knowledge.  I also use the question mark technique (as described in this forum post: http://www.greetingcarduniverse.com/forum/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1296830125) to add my affiliate number to the card owner's store in each DotD post, but that doesn't seem to be doing me much good, either.   I also add a good description and labels to each and every DotD post (for the sake of SEO).

So I'm just baffled.  Is the "Sell This Card" feature working?  And if it is, am I doing it correctly?  I REALLY hope someone will help me out here.  Also, I've enlisted my daughter's help with the GCU-DotD blog and I encourage her to use her own Artist Affiliate Number in each of the posts she writes because she needs some extra income to help her with her graduate school tuition.  I don't want her to spend her limited time with it if we are not even setting up the links properly.   Tongue   Soooooo...any suggestions?

Thanks!
Cindy  

Email   IP Logged
Corrie_131338
Gold Member

Re: Is the "Sell This Card" feature working?
Reply #1 - Nov 17th, 2011, 11:20pm

Keep in mind, Cindy, that the way affiliate sales work is that you only make commission on sales by new customers who click through your link. Also, your blog is pretty new, it may not have been indexed yet by search engines, which can take up to 6 months.

Corrie

Email   IP Logged
Mike_154103
GCU Newbies
artist

Reply #2 - Nov 18th, 2011, 7:27am

Thanks, Corrie.  I was just a bit worried that I wasn't setting up the links correctly (although I think I am), or that with all the recent trouble GCU has been experiencing technically, that the "Sell This Card" feature might be having affected.  I hope that's not the case, and I guess I have to assume that it's not.  I just figured that I would have made my first seller commission through the DotD blog by now.  Perhaps I'm just a little too impatient.  Roll Eyes

Thanks again,
Cindy

Email   IP Logged
Judy_139270
Gold Member
artist

Reply #3 - Nov 25th, 2011, 3:59pm

Cindy - I've been posting GCU artists' cards on my blog from time to time for nearly two years, not with the idea of making money from it, so it came as a surprise when I did - but that was only a couple of months ago, and just the once!!!!

Email   IP Logged
Cindy_152495
Gold Member
artist

Reply #4 - Nov 26th, 2011, 8:30am

Thanks for your feedback, Judy.  I appreciate all the replies I get to this topic because they're all very useful in helping me to understand how well the "Sell This Card" is working for others, too.  

Thanks again,
Cindy    Smiley

Email   IP Logged

About Us     Artists     Artist FAQ     Blog     Card Sellers     Contact Us     Content Disclaimer     Forum     Paper Card Categories     Privacy Policy     Shopper FAQ     Holidays 2011

Click to verify BBB accreditation and to see a BBB report.                        
© Copyright 2000- Greeting Card Universe - Powered By Bigdates-Solutions.com   

GCU Forum » Powered by YaBB 2.1!
YaBB © 2000-2005. All Rights Reserved.