Welcome, Guest Login
You must login or register to post.

Inner Verse Revamping For Real Estate Industry (Read 2797 times)
SunAtNight_145914
Gold Member
artist

Inner Verse Revamping For Real Estate Industry
Aug 17th, 2011, 5:27pm

Seeking a brainstorming session (never any wrong answers) with artisans who are willing to assist in revamping the inner text. I received a return for edits for which I am stumped.

Inner Text:  
May your new home be filled  
with sweet wishes this holiday season.  

Happy Holidays  

Graphic link:
http://sunatnight.xanga.com/photos/e2952278387833/

Return for edit statement:
Please consider adding an appropriate occasion specific text or verse that speaks directly to the purpose of Real Estate

Shocked When is a new home not considered real estate?

The intent of the card was for the real estate agent to give to the buyer or purchaser of the house.  

Anyone got any ideas?

Email   IP Logged
Rosalie_136698
Gold Member
artist

Re: Inner Verse Revamping For Real Estate Industry
Reply #1 - Aug 17th, 2011, 6:06pm

What about using, "may your newly purchased home be filled with sweet wishes this holiday season" ???
maybe someone else will come up with something better.     Rosie Cards

Email   IP Logged
Stephanie_137223
artist

Reply #2 - Aug 17th, 2011, 6:11pm

The only reason I could see for them to ask this is if your category choice includes real estate.  That being said, what if you just included that the wish was coming from your real estate agent.  

For example:

As your real estate agent
I hope your newly purchased home
Is filled with sweet wishes
This holiday season

Just a suggestion

Stephanie

Email   IP Logged
Paul_133086
artist

Reply #3 - Aug 17th, 2011, 6:18pm

My only guess is they want something like:

"As your realtor, I wish you happiness in your new home during the holiday season and for many years to come."

I've had cards for friends returned because they didn't actually include the word "friend."

Personally, I wish we didn't have to be so blatant and literal when the sentiment is clearly there. (And it's from one friend to another.) Same thing in your case; the person receiving the card will know it's from their realtor. (I guess it just makes it easier for gcu to categorize)

Just my opinion. Maybe I'm missing something. Good luck.

Email   IP Logged
Doreen_137017
Gold Member
artist

Reply #4 - Aug 17th, 2011, 6:24pm

I get what they are saying because there is a category for the average person to send a congrats on a New Home so the Real Estate category has to be specifically for real estate.

How about a SOLD sign in front of the house and something like "It's been a delight to see you HOME for the Holidays"

Email   IP Logged
Sue_132963
Gold Member
artist

Reply #5 - Aug 17th, 2011, 6:58pm

Sun at night,  Great card image.  I agree with most others that it's just not 'specific' enough.  You could simply add, "From your Realtor," under the "Happy Holidays" on front.
Good luck with a great card.  

Email   IP Logged
SunAtNight_145914
Gold Member
artist

Reply #6 - Aug 17th, 2011, 7:09pm

Fantastic replies! All of these really got the creative juices flowing and also open up some different viewpoints. I hope that other people will start designing for this sparse category.

Thank you Doreen for your explanation. Sometimes, I forget about subjects that cross categories.

Email   IP Logged
Karen_132511
GCU Newbies
artist

Reply #7 - Aug 17th, 2011, 9:02pm

Hi, how about.....

Wishing you a REALTY Happy Holiday Season, or May your new home be filled with REALTY sweet wishes this holiday season?

www.doggygoneit.com

Email   IP Logged
SunAtNight_145914
Gold Member
artist

Reply #8 - Aug 18th, 2011, 12:41pm

A great big thank you to everyone for a very successful brainstorming session. I re-submitted the card late last night and it was approved today.

I hope this brainstorming session not only proved to be successful for me but for others as well. I fully encourage artists to design for this nearly blank category.

I really appreciate not only the encouragement - but the creative surge of ideas. I was in a bit of funk trying to put in details that would match the category, but missing "blatant" specifics. That word will serve as a reminder! Thanks Paul for your comments now I will remember that key point.

A big thumbs up to everyone!  

Email   IP Logged

About Us     Artists     Artist FAQ     Blog     Card Sellers     Contact Us     Content Disclaimer     Forum     Paper Card Categories     Privacy Policy     Shopper FAQ     Holidays 2011

Click to verify BBB accreditation and to see a BBB report.                        
© Copyright 2000- Greeting Card Universe - Powered By Bigdates-Solutions.com   

GCU Forum » Powered by YaBB 2.1!
YaBB © 2000-2005. All Rights Reserved.