Welcome, Guest Login
You must login or register to post.

Pages: 1 
What does this card need? (Read 4567 times)
Angela_134247
Gold Member
artist

What does this card need?
Jul 19th, 2010, 11:03am

I've had 71 views on this card in a month, but no buyers. Any suggestions?

Email   IP Logged
Melinda_140677
GCU Newbies
artist

Re: What does this card need?
Reply #1 - Jul 19th, 2010, 11:05am

Which card, Angela? The link just takes me to your store.

Email   IP Logged
Doreen_137017
Gold Member
artist

Reply #2 - Jul 19th, 2010, 12:55pm

Good topic Angela!  Give us the card number or a link.  I have some of these too and this is a great way for us to all give some thoughts to each other on cards that are drawing a lot of attention, but not getting the sales.

I'll check back for the card!

Email   IP Logged
Trish_136241
artist

Reply #3 - Jul 19th, 2010, 1:24pm

Great minds? Just today  I have been wondering about this one:  Would you believe this has been in my store less than two weeks and has had almost 300 clicks but not one sale?  The 300 clicks was a shock to me, but there must be some reason it is not getting any sales.......My store clicks are shooting up, but sales are not- AT ALL! bummer

Any ideas?  Thanks ahead of time!

http://artist.greetingcarduniverse.com/-Family+Reunion+Invitation,+Funny+Horse+H ave+You+Herd-greeting+card-647543?pid=647543&page=1&ref=cb_card_title

Email   IP Logged
Doreen_137017
Gold Member
artist

Reply #4 - Jul 19th, 2010, 2:23pm

Quote from Trish_136241 on Jul 19th, 2010, 1:24pm:
Great minds? Just today  I have been wondering about this one:  Would you believe this has been in my store less than two weeks and has had almost 300 clicks but not one sale?  The 300 clicks was a shock to me, but there must be some reason it is not getting any sales.......My store clicks are shooting up, but sales are not- AT ALL! bummer

http://artist.greetingcarduniverse.com/-Family+Reunion+Invitation,+Funny+Horse+H ave+You+Herd-greeting+card-647543?pid=647543&page=1&ref=cb_card_title

Grin Grin Grin
What a great card Trish!

Here is my thought/question for you...The front is obviously drawing attention because its wonderful, perhaps folks wish it were available as a birthday card or something other than an invitation.  If it were me, I'd leave the front just the way it is and make it some other card for some other category that is not an invitation.  If need be, put the link to the 'also available as' card in the artist's notes.  Great card!

Email   IP Logged
Melinda_140677
GCU Newbies
artist

Reply #5 - Jul 19th, 2010, 2:32pm

Love the card, Trish! This is going to seem incredibly simple, but if it was me, I would either capitalize all the words on the front, OR just capitalize the first word, like a sentence. Leaving "herd" uncapitalized is sort of confusing. Just me being grammatically picky (I'm like that), but honestly, it might make me re-consider buying.

Email   IP Logged
Trish_136241
artist

Reply #6 - Jul 19th, 2010, 2:56pm

Melinda, thanks for the tip-  I never even noticed that it was like that!  ARGGGG!

Oh, and Doreen, it is available blank, but I love your idea- maybe I can amend the artist notes to say it is available that way,  

Thanks for the tips, gals. Where should I send the commissions,  Grin

Email   IP Logged
Eve_138255
Ex Member

Reply #7 - Jul 19th, 2010, 3:34pm

Maybe there are some people who do not get the 'HERD' word and think you've made a spelling mistake.

IP Logged
Trish_136241
artist

Reply #8 - Jul 19th, 2010, 4:06pm

That could be I guess!

Email   IP Logged
Doreen_137017
Gold Member
artist

Reply #9 - Jul 19th, 2010, 4:07pm

Quote from Trish_136241 on Jul 19th, 2010, 2:56pm:
Melinda, thanks for the tip-  I never even noticed that it was like that!  ARGGGG!

Oh, and Doreen, it is available blank, but I love your idea- maybe I can amend the artist notes to say it is available that way,

Thanks for the tips, gals. Where should I send the commissions,  Grin

Ah, well I saw it was available as a blank card, but I didn't see the words on the front which I think is adding to the viewing pleasure.  So I was thinking if you had a card that said Have you 'Herd'? and then on the inside something like We all got our butts together to wish you a Happy Birthday and put it in Group birthday card that might work...just a thought Smiley

Email   IP Logged
Penny_134243
Gold Member
artist

Reply #10 - Jul 19th, 2010, 4:37pm

Greetings!

It may be just as simple as the category isn't very popular:  Invitations --> Family Reunion --> General is listed at #292 on the top selling categories list.  Only 2 orders, for 15 total cards sold.

In searching the top on site keywords, the term, "family reunion," comes up at #77, so, maybe people are looking at what's available, and planning for the future...

Or, maybe they decided that they're really NOT up to seeing all of the relatives at one place and time!  Wink

I don't think that there's anything wrong with the card.

Penny Smiley

Email   IP Logged
Sue_132963
Gold Member
artist

Reply #11 - Jul 20th, 2010, 6:48am

Trish, Great Card!  Just put the image to more use.  There must be dozens of other categories where this would fit nicely.  Even for Wedding>Invitation>Attendants>Ushers (probably with different text on front though.)

Angela, Please give us a link to the card you are asking about.
Thanks.

Email   IP Logged
Randall_140313
Gold Member
artist

Reply #12 - Jul 20th, 2010, 4:09pm

Sorry if I missed it, but I noticed your keywords and didn't see your 'herd' spealled properly.  People might appreciate your humor, but if they're looking for 'Have you heard...'  you might want to add the proper spelling to the keyword search.

Of course that would get you more clicks and maybe still not the sales, however I think the card is really cute and should hit a funny bone with someone!  Money's tight still even though Obama has bailed us out of our troubles  Huh  so people are being really discretionary with their money.  

Randy

Email   IP Logged
Randall_140313
Gold Member
artist

Reply #13 - Jul 20th, 2010, 4:11pm

Yes, this was about Angela's card to start with and Angela has left the building!   Roll Eyes

Email   IP Logged
Angela_134247
Gold Member
artist

Reply #14 - Jul 20th, 2010, 7:06pm

I'm so sorry! Here's the card in question:
http://www.greetingcarduniverse.com/-Happy+summer+vacation-greeting+card-620463? pid=620463&page=1&aid=134247&ref=cb_card_title

No, I haven't left the building... my brain just did!

Email   IP Logged
Penny_134243
Gold Member
artist

Reply #15 - Jul 20th, 2010, 7:12pm

Quote from Angela_134247 on Jul 20th, 2010, 7:06pm:
http://www.greetingcarduniverse.com/-Happy+summer+vacation-greeting+card-620463? pid=620463&page=1&aid=134247&ref=cb_card_title

Greetings!

I think that the card is really cute!  Again, I think it's more the category that it's in, rather than the card itself.  Why not make another one for a happy retirement, or retirement congrats?  Smiley

Hope this helps!

Penny Smiley

Email   IP Logged
Randall_140313
Gold Member
artist

Reply #16 - Jul 21st, 2010, 3:36am

Perhaps some more keywords would possibly narrow down the lookers to potential buyers!  Playtime, playing, school's out, grass, elation are just a few that came to mind.
Also, probably just me, but the first thing i thought of when i read the title is this was a 'divorce is final' card or at least some relationship is over.  I like the retirement thing somebody mentioned as well.
Otherwise that look of joy on the kid's face is priceless - a great picture for a lot of categories if you know how to work it in!
Randy

Email   IP Logged
Melinda_140677
GCU Newbies
artist

Reply #17 - Jul 21st, 2010, 11:52am

Quote from Angela_134247 on Jul 20th, 2010, 7:06pm:

I love the card, Angela! My suggestion would be to simply switch the outside text with the inside text-- "You're free at last" feels to me like the follow-up to "Happy summer vacation", instead of the other way around. Just a thought!

Email   IP Logged
Nichole_140191
GCU Newbies
artist

Reply #18 - Aug 28th, 2010, 8:16pm

Hi Angela,

Really cute card, and it is an attention grabber... Maybe change the category, and the inside words. Make it a graduation card, as I don't see people buying summer vacation cards, whereas there's a huge market for grad cards... Also, it may be fine in its current category, but you're a bit late to catch the beginning of summer vacation. So you may not see any sales for another 6-8 months.  embarrassed

Anyway, great card, and congrats on all the clicks! (I've not had a card get tons of clicks yet...)

Email   IP Logged

About Us     Artists     Artist FAQ     Blog     Card Sellers     Contact Us     Content Disclaimer     Forum     Paper Card Categories     Privacy Policy     Shopper FAQ     Holidays 2011

Click to verify BBB accreditation and to see a BBB report.                        
© Copyright 2000- Greeting Card Universe - Powered By Bigdates-Solutions.com   

GCU Forum » Powered by YaBB 2.1!
YaBB © 2000-2005. All Rights Reserved.