Welcome, Guest Login
You must login or register to post.

Copyright, Contact, Logo (Read 761 times)
Naomi_132978
GCU Newbies
artist

Copyright, Contact, Logo
Feb 23rd, 2008, 5:08pm

I had called in awhile back and asked this question; however, checking to see if anything has changed.  This is the only thing that is holding me back from loading cards to GreetingCardUniverse.

Can we now, or will be able to in the extremely near future, add our artist info to the back of the card, including copyright, contact info, and logo for those artists who have one.

I certainly don't want to put this information on the front of the card, which will ruin the image.  I don't want to put it on the inside, where anyone could easily change it.  Thus far, I have not seen where we it can put on the back.  Will we be able to?

I don't want my imagery out there without proper credit and copyright.  It will also drive traffic to my website.

Thanks,
Naomi
http://www.naomisstudio.com

Email   IP Logged
Sue_132963
Gold Member
artist

Re: Copyright, Contact, Logo
Reply #1 - Feb 23rd, 2008, 5:18pm

Naomi,
I'm sure someone from GCU will get back to you on Monday.  But meanwhile, I'll just tell you my understanding of the situation.  As of right now, we cannot put that info on the back.  I believe however, that this is something under consideration for the future.  (Near future I think a lot of us hope...)
Hope this helps.
SueB

Email   IP Logged
Naomi_132978
GCU Newbies
artist

Reply #2 - Feb 23rd, 2008, 5:26pm

Thanks Sue.  It really is the only thing that is holding me off on putting my cards up.  I don't mind the GCU logo there, I just also want the ability to have my default copyright information there and contact information.  Fingers crossed this will happen sooner than later.  I bet there are a lot of artists out there who have not signed up just for that reason alone.  Smiley

Email   IP Logged
Corrie_131338
Gold Member

Reply #3 - Feb 24th, 2008, 12:05am

Hi Naomi!

The ability to add store URL, etc. to the back of the card has been on GCU's wish list for some time; they hope to add that ability this year.

Corrie
http://www.corrieweb.nl

Email   IP Logged

About Us     Artists     Artist FAQ     Blog     Card Sellers     Contact Us     Content Disclaimer     Forum     Paper Card Categories     Privacy Policy     Shopper FAQ     Holidays 2011

Click to verify BBB accreditation and to see a BBB report.                        
© Copyright 2000- Greeting Card Universe - Powered By Bigdates-Solutions.com   

GCU Forum » Powered by YaBB 2.1!
YaBB © 2000-2005. All Rights Reserved.