Welcome, Guest Login
You must login or register to post.

New Tile View on Manage Cards (Read 3006 times)
Mindy
GCU Administrator
Community Manager

New Tile View on Manage Cards
Feb 1st, 2008, 3:34pm

To make managing your cards easier and quicker we have added a new "Tile View" in addition to the normal "List View".  It shows them as thumbnails and 3 across so you can see many more at a glance.

Additionally we have added a Find by Status feature that will let you jump to your Pending, Approved, Not Approved and even Private cards in a flash.

Go to Manage Cards:  http://www.greetingcarduniverse.com/community/my_cards.asp

You may notice that "Not Approved" is now "Rejected".  We are working on a new feature that will let us Return pending cards to you for corrections and you can Resubmit them without having to recreate the entire card again.  "Rejected" in the near future will be reserved for cards that are not approved even with modifications.

Hope this helps make life at GCU easier  Smiley

Email   IP Logged
David_133145
artist

Re: New Tile View on Manage Cards
Reply #1 - Feb 1st, 2008, 4:03pm

Out of my intial submission of 19 images, I had one rejected.  So I guess I am batting a pretty high percentage.  
However, is there a way to find out why an image is rejected?  Whether it is the image itself or content of text, etc.?
Thnkk You,
~David

Email   IP Logged
Mindy
GCU Administrator
Community Manager

Reply #2 - Feb 1st, 2008, 4:29pm

Quote from David_133145 on Feb 1st, 2008, 4:03pm:
Out of my intial submission of 19 images, I had one rejected. So I guess I am batting a pretty high percentage.
However, is there a way to find out why an image is rejected? Whether it is the image itself or content of text, etc.?
Thnkk You,
~David

Hi David,
In the email that you should be receiving on Approvals or Rejected if there are notes for us to make there appear under a Please Note heading.  Be sure to look for those.  With the new Return/Rejected feature we're working on, you'll see those comments w/ your card on the Manage Cards page.

Email   IP Logged
Lisa_133043
GCU Newbies
artist

Reply #3 - Feb 1st, 2008, 6:58pm

This is great!  Haven't been to see it yet, but am headed there in just a few minutes.  Now, when we can drag and drop multiple cards at a time (hint, hint   Wink ) life will wonderful!!!!   Cheesy Grin Cool

Lisa M

Email   IP Logged
patri_132891
GCU Newbies
artist

pleading ignorance
Reply #4 - Feb 1st, 2008, 7:07pm

Someone please publish a specific list of rejectable card designs. I don't mean "typos" that can easily be corrected, I'm talking specific subject matter, words (please name them all), phrases, images, body parts- whatever.

Email   IP Logged
Lisa_133043
GCU Newbies
artist

Reply #5 - Feb 1st, 2008, 7:45pm

Hey, guys.....one minor suggestion or request.   kiss  Is there any way to add the number sold and the number of clicks to the tile view, so that we can see that at a glance, as well.  I know we can't have all the info in the tile view, but having those two stats would help me greatly when I get to the point of determining which cards to "cull out" eventually.  

Thanks for considering this.

Lisa M

Email   IP Logged
Hilly_132655
GCU Newbies
artist

Reply #6 - Feb 2nd, 2008, 11:03am

Roll Eyes And I thought I had missed this before .... I clicked on it by accident last night.
Thanks, thatīs a great feature as the number of cards you have grows!

Email   IP Logged
Mindy
GCU Administrator
Community Manager

Re: pleading ignorance
Reply #7 - Feb 4th, 2008, 11:51am

Quote from patri_132891 on Feb 1st, 2008, 7:07pm:
Someone please publish a specific list of rejectable card designs. I don't mean "typos" that can easily be corrected, I'm talking specific subject matter, words (please name them all), phrases, images, body parts- whatever.

There's not a specific list and it really depends card by card.  There are some guidelines for Trademark/Copyright Images and Adult, but neither are cut and dry.  See threads here:

Adult Content (images & language):
http://www.greetingcarduniverse.com/forum/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1198078261/16#16

Trademark/Copyright Images:
http://www.greetingcarduniverse.com/forum/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1184371650

There's certainly not a comprehensive list of "words" that we don't accept.  The only limitation that comes to mind would be phrases, brands, taglines, etc that are trademarked ie: Autism Speaks, Elvis Presley, Chevy, etc.

Hope that helps.

Email   IP Logged
Mindy
GCU Administrator
Community Manager

Reply #8 - Feb 5th, 2008, 10:36am

Quote from Lisa_133043 on Feb 1st, 2008, 7:45pm:
Hey, guys.....one minor suggestion or request. kiss Is there any way to add the number sold and the number of clicks to the tile view, so that we can see that at a glance, as well. I know we can't have all the info in the tile view, but having those two stats would help me greatly when I get to the point of determining which cards to "cull out" eventually.

Thanks for considering this.

Lisa M

Done.  Clicks and Sales per card listed in the Tile View thumbnails.  Smiley

Email   IP Logged
Ernestine_131365
Gold Member
artist

Reply #9 - Feb 5th, 2008, 5:17pm

This "at-a-glance" option is so cool. . . saves a lot of time, too.  Thanks again for improvements and quick response!

-E(g)

Email   IP Logged
Norval_132688
Gold Member
artist

Reply #10 - Feb 8th, 2008, 5:52pm

Ernestine, I Apologize. I had been on the forum site all along and didn't know it, my wife just showed me. Please if you will, pass on the message I sent you to Shawn or Mindy. Your testimonial was the only box to type a message in that I could get to open, and I thought it was for your eyes only.  I had tryed what you told me to do and an error message always came up with the catch 22, " you have to  post once to use this", and I didn't know how to post.  Thanks for patience, Norval Arbogast, 132688,
I will be watching the forum.

Email   IP Logged

About Us     Artists     Artist FAQ     Blog     Card Sellers     Contact Us     Content Disclaimer     Forum     Paper Card Categories     Privacy Policy     Shopper FAQ     Holidays 2011

Click to verify BBB accreditation and to see a BBB report.                        
© Copyright 2000- Greeting Card Universe - Powered By Bigdates-Solutions.com   

GCU Forum » Powered by YaBB 2.1!
YaBB © 2000-2005. All Rights Reserved.