Welcome, Guest Login
You must login or register to post.

Website (Read 3012 times)
Linda_132742
Gold Member
artist

Website
Jan 31st, 2008, 2:52pm

Does anyone put their website on their cards?

Email   IP Logged
Yassine_132473
artist

Re: Website
Reply #1 - Jan 31st, 2008, 3:00pm

Hi Linda,

I never did it. But it would be a good idea to put our GCU url behind the cards. I think it's not possible. And the url is too long for me Smiley

Greeting cards made by ya-graphic:
http://www.greetingcarduniverse.com/yagraphic
Email   IP Logged
Sue_132963
Gold Member
artist

Reply #2 - Jan 31st, 2008, 3:33pm

Hi Linda,
I have thought of that, but there does not seem to be any good place available to us.
We could put it on the inside of the card front, but that is not available to us.
And of course, the back side of the card would be ideal, but that too is not available to us.  
I'm afraid anyplace else would just look like train wreck.  What do you think?
SueB
Quote from Linda_132742 on Jan 31st, 2008, 2:52pm:

Email   IP Logged
Linda_132742
Gold Member
artist

Reply #3 - Jan 31st, 2008, 3:47pm

Train wreck, alphabet soup...that is what it would look like in my case, even using the shortened www.gcuniverse.com/flyinghorsedesign......Maybe I'll make an interesting border out of it........only kidding

Email   IP Logged
David_133145
artist

Reply #4 - Jan 31st, 2008, 5:33pm

Quote from Linda_132742 on Jan 31st, 2008, 2:52pm:

I put my own website in my cards, not the GCU URL.  That way, no matter what, the reciever of the card can find my stuff.  I see no other reason to allow free e-cards if there is no link. With a link, it's pretty good advertising.

Email   IP Logged
Ernestine_131365
Gold Member
artist

Reply #5 - Jan 31st, 2008, 6:49pm

David-

I think you've done a good job of putting your website on your cards, discretely but readable.  How's that working for you?  Your designs are very endearing!

-Ernestine

Email   IP Logged
Linda_132742
Gold Member
artist

Reply #6 - Jan 31st, 2008, 6:54pm

David,
To my knowledge, OUR cards are not available as free to customers.  At this point they are only available to the original artists.

Having our cards available as free e-cards is "something in the works".

Can anyone verify that for me?

When it says at the Home Page about e-cards always free, there are free e cards, unfortunately they are not free e-cards from this site.  I don't know where they are from or to whom they belong.

Thanks for the reply though!!

Email   IP Logged
David_133145
artist

Reply #7 - Jan 31st, 2008, 7:12pm

Quote from Ernestine_131365 on Jan 31st, 2008, 6:49pm:
David-

I think you've done a good job of putting your website on your cards, discretely but readable.  How's that working for you?  Your designs are very endearing!

-Ernestine

Ernestine, Thank you very much.  As I just got here a few days ago, I cannot say if any of my "stratagies"  are being effective or not.  LOL  I just figure if I toss enough seeds out, maybe something will grow.  

I was under the understanding that I was "making my designs available as free e-cards."  If my designs are not available to the public, that would seem kind of strange.  It would seem to be to everyone's benefit that the are.  I would like to know what exactly the situation is.

So far, I feel comfortable here and it seems that the only problems are minor glinches with what I presume is a fairly new business.  As long as I never see the greed I experienced over at Zazzle, I'm here as long as they will have me.

Email   IP Logged
El_131850
artist

Reply #8 - Jan 31st, 2008, 8:17pm

I DO put my personal website (www.monkeyartz.com ) and my name on my GCU cards, but not the GCU url.  

I try to blend it in, and not use large fonts...seems to work well.

- EL

Email   IP Logged
Linda_132742
Gold Member
artist

Reply #9 - Feb 1st, 2008, 4:36am

Thanks for the comment, EL.  This is a strategy I am considering.  I do know that if I just google my name, Linda Klemanski or my store name Flying Horse Design links come up to GCU and the reminder sites.  That is good free advertisement as a result of GCU.  I put my name and the store name on all my cards. Quote from El_131850 on Jan 31st, 2008, 8:17pm:
I DO put my personal website (www.monkeyartz.com ) and my name on my GCU cards, but not the GCU url.  

I try to blend it in, and not use large fonts...seems to work well.

- EL

Email   IP Logged
Corrie_131338
Gold Member

Reply #10 - Feb 1st, 2008, 5:33am

Regarding e-cards...

During the card upload process (Card Image Details screen), there is a checkbox marked "provide this image as a free ecard." Checking this box will do just that. Nothing else need be done.

Corrie
http://www.corrieweb.nl

Email   IP Logged
Linda_132742
Gold Member
artist

Reply #11 - Feb 1st, 2008, 7:06am

I know that we have the option of providing our cards as free e cards.  What I am getting at is that they are not offered to the general public.  Not our e cards.  There are free e cards offered on this site, but they aren't ours.  I know I can access and send my own e cards free, but, for example, my family and friends can not access MY e cards.  They can only get to the ones that are offered by GCU and created by who knows who.  By checking the box you mentioned it only gives me, as the artist, access to the free e card.

Quote from Corrie_131338 on Feb 1st, 2008, 5:33am:
Regarding e-cards...

During the card upload process (Card Image Details screen), there is a checkbox marked "provide this image as a free ecard." Checking this box will do just that. Nothing else need be done.

Corrie

Email   IP Logged
Corrie_131338
Gold Member

Reply #12 - Feb 1st, 2008, 8:35am

Here is what Shaun posted on the subject of ecards on December 11, 2007; I've quoted the relevant part:

"At the moment, Artist eCards will only appear on their storefront.   Right now all of the eCards offered through the GCUniverse categories and site search are our stock eCards.  We have not yet devoted much focus into the eCard offering and process on GCUniverse, but we do plan to do so early next year.    
 We currently do not have a tool for artists to edit their Ecards..."

So if you check "use this image as a free ecard" it will not come up in a search of ecards, nor will it appear in the ecard categories, but it will show up on your storefront as an ecard, presumably usable by anyone. If it isn't, there must be a glitch somewhere and it should be reported in another, more relevant thread.

Corrie

Email   IP Logged
Linda_132742
Gold Member
artist

Reply #13 - Feb 1st, 2008, 8:50am

Corrie, Thanks for clearing that up for me...I was entirely wrong.  I appreciate you telling me.

It does make me feel better to know that anyone who comes into my store has the option of sending the cards I have designated as free e cards available to them.

I will definitely be adding my website to my cards from now on.  This is awesome artist promotion.

Email   IP Logged
Edition_132952
GCU Newbies
artist

Reply #14 - Feb 2nd, 2008, 12:39am

I don´t put my website or copyright stamp on the frontside of my cards. I do not like the look. It might go well together with some kind of card design,but my personal feeling is that it distracts from the artwork.  

I wish it was possible to edit the backside of the cards as discussed in another thread.

Martin

Edition Handdruck - Card Store:
http://www.greetingcarduniverse.com/editionH
Email   IP Logged

About Us     Artists     Artist FAQ     Blog     Card Sellers     Contact Us     Content Disclaimer     Forum     Paper Card Categories     Privacy Policy     Shopper FAQ     Holidays 2011

Click to verify BBB accreditation and to see a BBB report.                        
© Copyright 2000- Greeting Card Universe - Powered By Bigdates-Solutions.com   

GCU Forum » Powered by YaBB 2.1!
YaBB © 2000-2005. All Rights Reserved.