Welcome, Guest Login
You must login or register to post.

Valentine's card for Grandchildren and Grandsons (Read 4249 times)
Shaun_131054
GCU Administrator
artist

Valentine's card for Grandchildren and Grandsons
Jan 29th, 2008, 5:18pm

Two separate requests here:  

1)  Valentine's Day cards for grandchildren.   The buyer is going to be sending this card to their grandchildren who are ages 1, 2, and 5.  They noted that generic Valentine's Day cards for grandchildren would be acceptable as well.  

Please add these cards to the following category:
Holidays » Valentine's Day » For Family » Grandchildren  

2) Valentine's Day cards for grandsons (needs to be plural).  The buyer will be sending these cards to their grandsons who are ages 5 and 9.  Again they noted that generic Valentine's Day cards for grandsons would be acceptable as well.

Please add these cards to this category:
Holidays » Valentine's Day » For Family » Grandson  

Email   IP Logged
Tammy_131374
Gold Member
artist

Re: Valentine's card for Grandchildren and Grandso
Reply #1 - Jan 29th, 2008, 7:03pm

I have some waiting for approval- thanks! Smiley

Email   IP Logged
Linda_132742
Gold Member
artist

Reply #2 - Jan 30th, 2008, 6:51am

I have some waiting for approval.
Also, under profiling>relationships there is no "Grandchild or Grandchildren", should there be?  There is granddaughter and grandson, but what if someone is sending a card to both their granddaughter and grandson?

Email   IP Logged
Tanya_131398
artist

Reply #3 - Jan 30th, 2008, 9:55am

I have some waiting approval as well.  Smiley

Email   IP Logged
Mindy
GCU Administrator
Community Manager

Reply #4 - Jan 30th, 2008, 12:46pm

Quote from Linda_132742 on Jan 30th, 2008, 6:51am:
I have some waiting for approval.
Also, under profiling>relationships there is no "Grandchild or Grandchildren", should there be? There is granddaughter and grandson, but what if someone is sending a card to both their granddaughter and grandson?

On the profile simply select both Granddaughter AND Grandson.

Email   IP Logged
Linda_132742
Gold Member
artist

Reply #5 - Jan 30th, 2008, 12:49pm

Thanks, Mindy.  I did't realize we could click more than one relationship.  Doesn't it say in red or caps or something to only click one?

Email   IP Logged
Mindy
GCU Administrator
Community Manager

Reply #6 - Jan 30th, 2008, 1:47pm

Quote from Linda_132742 on Jan 30th, 2008, 12:49pm:
Thanks, Mindy. I did't realize we could click more than one relationship. Doesn't it say in red or caps or something to only click one?

For "highest ranking" select only one.  This ranks the most targeted and personalized cards ie: Happy Birthday Mom highest.  

A general "for her" card that is profiled for grandma, mom, sister, aunt, etc. will get a lower ranking.  This general card is best profiled "for female" and no relation set at all.

The ranking helps us suggest personalized (or best matched) cards first in email reminders which are much more targeted than general/generic ones.

In this instance selecting both relationships will serve your card well for grandchildren.

Email   IP Logged
Oma_132016
artist

Reply #7 - Jan 31st, 2008, 1:50pm

Hi!

I'm not sure if I'm too late but I'd still like to add a couple cards! They're pending approval!

Thanks!

Email   IP Logged
Ernestine_131365
Gold Member
artist

Reply #8 - Jan 31st, 2008, 6:35pm

Wow, I been here long enough that I should have the hang of profiling, but I don't.  So you can put in several profiles for who the card is is for?? (like grandson and granddaughter, girlfriend AND boyfriend etc. when cards would be appropriate for either?)  

I just put up some cards where I choose only one and thought I'd have to put up the same card again profiled differently, but personally, I don't like to see the same card over and over again.  Guess I'll try some new profiling techniques on the next cards I upload and see whats said in the ""accept" or "reject" comments.  I haven't put up cards since that feature has been implemented.  I probably should do some "re-profiling" on cards that I already have. . . guess I have my work cut out for me!

-Ernestine

Email   IP Logged
Kathy_131728
Gold Member
artist

Reply #9 - Feb 1st, 2008, 12:18pm

I just loaded one for grandchildren and for grandsons.  I hope I am not too late.
Thanks.

Email   IP Logged
Mindy
GCU Administrator
Community Manager

Reply #10 - Feb 1st, 2008, 12:44pm

Quote from Ernestine_131365 on Jan 31st, 2008, 6:35pm:
Wow, I been here long enough that I should have the hang of profiling, but I don't. So you can put in several profiles for who the card is is for?? (like grandson and granddaughter, girlfriend AND boyfriend etc. when cards would be appropriate for either?)

I just put up some cards where I choose only one and thought I'd have to put up the same card again profiled differently, but personally, I don't like to see the same card over and over again. Guess I'll try some new profiling techniques on the next cards I upload and see whats said in the ""accept" or "reject" comments. I haven't put up cards since that feature has been implemented. I probably should do some "re-profiling" on cards that I already have. . . guess I have my work cut out for me!

-Ernestine

Hi Ernestine,
Remember the profiling is only for identifying the correct cards with the correct email reminders. So it would not impact your card showing in multiple places anywhere on GCU, that's a function of the categories.

The BEST situation is to have only ONE relationship selected for your card's profile. And that should ONLY be done when the card is specific to that relationship. Cards should not be profiled (or categorized for that matter) into something they are not.
If the card doesn't say "Brother" on it, it should not be profiled nor categorized for Brother.

In the case of Grandson and Granddaughter, since the card that started this conversation was specifically "For my Grandchildren" then it dictated two relationships since we don't have a "grandchildren" choice in the profile.

As a rule of thumb, cards should be profiled and categorized for what they are literally, not for what they could be.

Hope that helps!

Email   IP Logged
Oma_132016
artist

Reply #11 - Feb 1st, 2008, 5:58pm

Hi!

I'm not sure if the sale is related but I sold one of my "Sending all my love to my Grandchildren" cards today!

Oma.

Email   IP Logged
Linda_132742
Gold Member
artist

Reply #12 - Feb 1st, 2008, 6:54pm

Congrats, Oma.  It is great to hear about sales!

Email   IP Logged
Oma_132016
artist

Reply #13 - Feb 2nd, 2008, 9:32am

Smiley Thanks Linda!

It's always such a great feeling whenever you get a sale! There were alot of great cards in this category. I'm sure there's one from every GCU artist that will be perfect for every shopper!

Oma.

Email   IP Logged

About Us     Artists     Artist FAQ     Blog     Card Sellers     Contact Us     Content Disclaimer     Forum     Paper Card Categories     Privacy Policy     Shopper FAQ     Holidays 2011

Click to verify BBB accreditation and to see a BBB report.                        
© Copyright 2000- Greeting Card Universe - Powered By Bigdates-Solutions.com   

GCU Forum » Powered by YaBB 2.1!
YaBB © 2000-2005. All Rights Reserved.