Welcome, Guest Login
You must login or register to post.

A question on my First Sale. (Read 1049 times)
cheryl_131479
artist

A question on my First Sale.
Jan 14th, 2008, 9:03am

First off...
WooHoo!
Made my first sale here yesterday, waited until today when it shows on store report i case that showed more info to ask my questions...

According to the email notification, the card buyer found my card searching google for a term that is currently NOT on ANY of my cards in my store..
(although it HAS been planned)

*The source of this order was a Google search for: gay cards

The details of the order are shown below:

Order ID: 9875
Product ID: 128359
Title: LOLcat Anti-Valentines Design *

Now, I don't mind selling a card for this search at all, but I did a google of the same terms, and didn't even see ANY links to GCU or recognized other name in the first 10 pages, much less my own page..

Any idea how the shopper found me and why it's giving me this term?

Does the emailed sale notice tell you how the shopper first arrives at GCU, even if they then click OUT of any search results for THAT term and find your card by searching GCU for another term?

-Any way, thanks for the sale... I'm just terribly puzzled how point Z was reached form point A. Smiley

Email   IP Logged
Diana_131906
artist

Re: A question on my First Sale.
Reply #1 - Jan 14th, 2008, 9:19am

Hi Cheryl...aka CAT....

don't look to much into this...
the search may have lead the buyer to other GCU cards....and this could have been several pages into the search....once on GCU they may have found the card(s) they wanted with that specific search and then looked at some other cards...perhaps the anti valentine's section and also purchased your card....

Just enjoy the sale and make more cards that will lead to more sales....

Cheers,
Diana

Email   IP Logged
Linda_132742
Gold Member
artist

Reply #2 - Jan 14th, 2008, 10:17am

Way to go!  Congratulations.  It is encouraging to read about sales!
Linda

Email   IP Logged
Kerra_131306
artist

Reply #3 - Jan 14th, 2008, 11:42am

Funny---I had the same thoughts when I saw the search words someone used to find my cards---"what the?"  I had NONE of those keywords--nada on any card in my store and yet a sale...ah, the mysteries of search engines!

Smiley
-Kerra

Icansketchu Paper Greeting Cards:
http://www.greetingcarduniverse.com/icansketchu
Email   IP Logged
cheryl_131479
artist

Reply #4 - Jan 14th, 2008, 2:41pm

BTW..
I just thought I'd add,
I made my second (maybe third? but I doubt it) sale TODAY, on another card..
No hit source showing on the sales notice for this, which makes me think it was a direct find.. such as a card category that was emailed to a previous visitor, who then bought one or 2 of the cards there.

The reason for the possible third, BTW.. I got 2 sales emails for the same card... and it's not one I think 2 different people would have bought today.
probably someone ordered it, then canceled and re-ordered it is my guess.

Thanks for the comments, folks. Smiley
I'm not 'stressing' about the source of that first sale... but I WOULD still like the answer to how that sales report works... if this is what happens, or what..
"Does the emailed sale notice tell you how the shopper first arrives at GCU, even if they then click OUT of any search results for THAT term and find your card by searching GCU for another term?"

Email   IP Logged
Shaun_131054
GCU Administrator
artist

Reply #5 - Jan 14th, 2008, 3:26pm

Hi Cheryl,

My guess is the customer clicked a link to this page, which is returned when one does a Google search for "gay cards":
http://www.greetingcarduniverse.com/shopping/cb.asp?cid=330

For me this link was displayed on the 3rd page of search results.  

Once they arrived on the GCU category page there are a number of ways that they could have came across your card.  The sales notice only tells you how the shopper first arrived to GCU

Congrats on the sales!

Email   IP Logged
cheryl_131479
artist

Reply #6 - Jan 14th, 2008, 8:06pm

Quote from Shaun_131054 on Jan 14th, 2008, 3:26pm:
Hi Cheryl,

The sales notice only tells you how the shopper first arrived to GCU

Congrats on the sales!

Thanks for the confirmation, Shaun. That's what I expected was going on, but I wanted confirmation.

Thanks for the congrats!
I can't wait to find out if it's for 2 cards, or for 3. Smiley

Email   IP Logged

About Us     Artists     Artist FAQ     Blog     Card Sellers     Contact Us     Content Disclaimer     Forum     Paper Card Categories     Privacy Policy     Shopper FAQ     Holidays 2011

Click to verify BBB accreditation and to see a BBB report.                        
© Copyright 2000- Greeting Card Universe - Powered By Bigdates-Solutions.com   

GCU Forum » Powered by YaBB 2.1!
YaBB © 2000-2005. All Rights Reserved.