Welcome, Guest Login
You must login or register to post.

Inside sentiment (Read 1905 times)
Olivia_132226
artist

Inside sentiment
Dec 23rd, 2007, 9:52am

Hi,

On the inside of the card where we place our sentiment if we have one - would it be possible for us to upload the sentiment as a jpg instead of using what is currently available as it is somewhat limitiing?  It would be nice to be able to have different sized fonts, different fonts, images (even if they would have to be one color) etc.

Thanks for your input.

Olivia

Email   IP Logged
_132335
artist

Re: Inside sentiment
Reply #1 - Dec 23rd, 2007, 11:14am

Good Idea Olivia Smiley

Big Huggs
/Inge Smiley

Email   IP Logged
Olivia_132226
artist

Reply #2 - Dec 23rd, 2007, 11:41am

Thanks Inge I appreciate your support Smiley

Hugs
Olivia

Email   IP Logged
Mariana_131409
GCU Newbies
artist

Reply #3 - Dec 23rd, 2007, 4:00pm

It's a wonderful idea and I'm all for it! Cheers, Mariana

Email   IP Logged
Olivia_132226
artist

Reply #4 - Dec 23rd, 2007, 5:59pm

Thanks Mariana, I really think it would be helpful and enable us to express ourselves even more.

Have a wonderful Christmas!

Hugs,
Olivia

Email   IP Logged
Rosanne_132497
Gold Member
artist

Reply #5 - Dec 23rd, 2007, 7:42pm

I like this idea too. One could also use the same font for both the front of the card and the inside sentiment this way.

Cheers,

Rosanne

Red Rose Digital Art Greeting Cards:
http://www.greetingcarduniverse.com/RedRoseDigitalArt
Email   IP Logged
Shari_132735
artist

Reply #6 - Dec 23rd, 2007, 9:38pm

I agree the limitations on the number of characters we are allowed to use on the inside of the card could use drastic increasing.  There isn't enough character allowance to say a lot.  Even if a customer wanted to use their own verbiage, the number of characters are very limited.  When I was filling out the inside of one of the GCU Cards, I viewed it as the user/customer and not as the artist.  I found this to be a big limit.  I couldn't express myself to my friends and family the way I wanted.  So I do agree about increasing the number of characters greatly.

The only thing I could think of a problem with allowing a .jpg text on the inside instead of increasing the text/character capability would be, that if the customer didn't like what you had to say on the card and wanted to change it, or have it blank all together, that they would not be able to delete it because it was a .jpg text as opposed to the text that is changeable.

If the issue is increasing the text/character limit and allowing more font choices, maybe that could be more of a possibility (at least easier programming wise than adding a .jpg text capability).  But, I'm not GCU.  Maybe they have magical programmers that could fix it to allow a .jpg text capability, that could still be deleted by the customer in case they wanted a blank card or they want to write something else entirely.

Those are just my troubleshooting talking outloud thoughts to help see the entire picture.

But, I do agree if there is a way to increase the text and font limitations in ALL 3 texts areas inside the card, that would be a great & necessary improvement.

That's my soapbox for today.

Have a Great Christmas to All and to All, a Good Night!  Cheesy

Shari
www.flowerswithfeelingscentral.com

Email   IP Logged
Colleen_131607
artist

Reply #7 - Dec 24th, 2007, 7:39am

I always kinda wish that I could use same font inside and out....perhaps a downloadable version for us to add to our font collections.  I'm sure they are "out there" on the web but I haven't found them yet.

Email   IP Logged
Ernestine_131365
Gold Member
artist

Reply #8 - Dec 25th, 2007, 10:58am

Hi all--

I'd be curious to know what are the most "favorite" fonts of the selection we now have.  I, too, would like to have more options here, but sometimes too many choices can be confusing. . . I think the average card shopper wants to be able to do their purchase fairly quickly and smoothly.   We certainly don't want them to "go away" because there's just too much they have to do!

Maybe we could have some updating of fonts, though.  I personally like the "hand-written" type fonts. What are your favorites?  What fonts would you like to see?

-Ernestine

Email   IP Logged
Mindy
GCU Administrator
Community Manager

Reply #9 - Dec 28th, 2007, 3:04pm

To continue to offer our shoppers the ability to add their own text to the inside of the card we do not plan on allowing artists to upload an image to the inside of the card.

In '08 with some changes by our printing partner we may see more options and control over the inside text.

Email   IP Logged

About Us     Artists     Artist FAQ     Blog     Card Sellers     Contact Us     Content Disclaimer     Forum     Paper Card Categories     Privacy Policy     Shopper FAQ     Holidays 2011

Click to verify BBB accreditation and to see a BBB report.                        
© Copyright 2000- Greeting Card Universe - Powered By Bigdates-Solutions.com   

GCU Forum » Powered by YaBB 2.1!
YaBB © 2000-2005. All Rights Reserved.