Welcome, Guest Login
You must login or register to post.

Pages: 1 2 
no sales :(    how about you? (Read 2446 times)
Bridget_131767
GCU Newbies
artist

no sales :(    how about you?
Nov 19th, 2007, 10:51am

cry  I've had a shop here for a while....no sales....except to myself, I've ordered cards & the quality is great.

I've sent emails to friends & family, I have a link to the store on my other websites, I promote GCU on my blog, myspace etc...links & widget.....what am I doing wrong?

All of my cards are blank inside....does that have something to do with it?  I'm finding it discouraging.  Anyone else feel this way?

BDorsa - Greeting Card Universe:
http://www.greetingcarduniverse.com/BDorsa
Email   IP Logged
Corrie_131338
Gold Member

Re: no sales :(    how about you?
Reply #1 - Nov 19th, 2007, 11:23am

Hi Bridget -

It's been our experience that cards created for a specific purpose - for example, a picture of a baby or a pram as a baby announcement, or a wedding cake as a congratulations on getting married card, etc. - tend to do much better than multi-purpose/any occasion cards.  

Also, putting text on the inside is a good idea. Cards without inside text are not eligible for promotion in appropriate email reminders to Big Dates clients.

You may want to add more cards to your collection at some point. You never know what a customer will be drawn to. The more different cards you have, the bigger the chance of making a sale.  

Our motto is, if it ain't there, the customer can't buy it.  Wink

Corrie
http://www.corrieweb.nl

Email   IP Logged
P.V._132378
GCU Newbies
artist

Reply #2 - Nov 19th, 2007, 11:39am

Your images are wonderful! I know it's not a sale but I have added a number of your cards to my favorites. You are very talented. I have only been at GCU a short while and I haven't sold any either - only have 10 cards at this point but plan on getting more loaded. The inside message thing can be frustrating to concoct but I agree, they add to the desire for the card on the part of the public (saves them from having to think of something).  Have high hopes and keep on plugging away!! Best of luck, PV

Email   IP Logged
_132335
artist

Reply #3 - Nov 19th, 2007, 11:50am

Hi Bridget Smiley

I too have had my shop here for quite a while now, and seemed to do what's been said and adviced in this wonderful forum, and have lots of clicks in cards both my blanks and my cards with text, but no sales either ??? Am starting to wonder myself if I am wasting my time and effort Smiley

But there are still this little drive in me there makes me go on, the hope Smiley
I have given myself a deadline, and if I haven't had any luck then then I might stop and just give up, I don't want to kill my creativity by hopes and dreams there won't be fulfilled, but I like it in here so it's a hard decission to make.

Try a bit longer too and see how it goes, who knows we might be lucky too some day Smiley

Big Huggs
/Inge Smiley

Email   IP Logged
Bridget_131767
GCU Newbies
artist

Reply #4 - Nov 19th, 2007, 12:01pm

Thank you all very much for your replies.  I appreciate you taking the time to view my store & to comment.

Email   IP Logged
Emily_132117
GCU Newbies
artist

Reply #5 - Nov 19th, 2007, 1:18pm

I've been here since September, have 100+ cards and only 1 sale Sad  

I find it hard to promote myself here compared with other sites, also SEO is practically impossible Sad
I hope that I will get more sales when I get my photography site up n running, oh and get around to building it lol for way of promotion.  

I just started adding text to the inside and outside of my cards so hope that will make  a difference but we'll see.  

In the meantime let all of us "non sellers" stick together Wink Goodluck everyone Smiley

Email   IP Logged
_131847
GCU Newbies
artist

Reply #6 - Nov 19th, 2007, 4:20pm

SmileyHello Bridget,  
Don't get discourage,  beautiful work  you do... keep painting !!!

I list  cards  here  as  additional things  I  create  in my  site. sale  are low here  but I believe has potential.. will see  Shocked

Good luck t o All!

Ines Miller Fine Artist - Greeting Card Store:
http://www.greetingcarduniverse.com/inesmiller
Email   IP Logged
Oma_132016
artist

Reply #7 - Nov 19th, 2007, 4:52pm

Hi Everyone!

I just wanted you guys to know that you shouldn't lose hope! I almost did! I kept wondering if I was doing something wrong, maybe my cards weren't really that unique or special as I wanted them to be......but I never stopped creating!

I've only been with GCU since early September and believe me... the anticipation of that first sale was overbearing. I have to admit that I didn't sell a single card in September!  cry   But I did make my first sale in October and then the sales seemed to increase (sold over 100 cards) Grin

Now it's November and again, no sales so far! But the hope is still there and the passion is overwhelming!

Good luck to you all in the future!

Oma.

Email   IP Logged
Bridget_131767
GCU Newbies
artist

Reply #8 - Nov 19th, 2007, 5:07pm

SmileyThanks everyone for the hugs, lovely words & encouragement.  I very much appreciate it.  I've been here since July....but...I won't give up & I'll get working on putting versus in the cards.

Email   IP Logged
Jehanne_132596
GCU Newbies
artist

Reply #9 - Nov 19th, 2007, 10:48pm

Hi Bridget,
Your cards and art are lovely, really gorgeous and unquie. I worked with selling physical cards for a couple of years and what I found is basically what Corrie has said, cards with text/ a message sell the best. People tended always to look and finger the blank cards but very few bought them and instead tended to buy those related to popular buying seasons sell even better eg birthdays, Christmas, get well, sympathy etc.
cheers
jehanne

Email   IP Logged
Christophe_132450
GCU Newbies
artist

Reply #10 - Dec 13th, 2007, 1:28pm

No sales here too  Sad even though I've put a widget on my website as well...

I need to be patient I suppose, or I need to make better cards  Wink

Email   IP Logged
Catherine_131549
artist

Reply #11 - Dec 14th, 2007, 6:17am

Hi,

I had lots (hundreds) of cards and weren't selling much for months (about 4 months) then I spent about 4 hours one day going thru them all putting verses inside of them (originally most of my cards were blank). It too ages, but it made a huge difference. I've made so many more sales since then so I really believe its worth putting your unique verse inside your card.

Also, I feel the other key is keep adding more cards - the more you have the more change a customer will find something they like.

Good Luck  Wink

Email   IP Logged
Diana_131906
artist

Reply #12 - Dec 14th, 2007, 6:23am

Hi Bridget...

your art is wonderful...I think you need more quantity...
I have to agree that people like to see a specific card for an occassion...so make them more specific and see how things go....

Happy desigining!

Cheers,
Diana

Email   IP Logged
Kerra_131306
artist

Reply #13 - Dec 18th, 2007, 3:46pm

I know that sales do happen on here---and I see some discouragement from lack of sales at first--but they do happen.  Smiley  Hang in there!

I'm wondering what a realistic number of sales per month is?  If we knew that, we could get a realistic goal to try and shoot for.  Any ideas how to compile this information?

-Kerra

Icansketchu Paper Greeting Cards:
http://www.greetingcarduniverse.com/icansketchu
Email   IP Logged
Corrie_131338
Gold Member

Reply #14 - Dec 19th, 2007, 12:52am

Kerra, there are far too many variables for there to be an 'average' amount of monthly sales per artist, and even if someone crunched the raw numbers, the info wouldn't be useful in a practical sense. Each artist's shop is unique and individual. Some people will always sell more, some people will sell less depending on how appealing their designs are, whether they target niche markets and other factors - knowing a statistical average isn't going to help you in your own sales efforts.  

What you can and should do is keep track of your own store's numbers (to be found in Manage Store>>Sales Report). Once you've got a year's worth of stats, you can go back and decide which designs sold well, which didn't, and which designs might need tweaking or re-thinking. You can also check Bulk Sellers and Best Sellers to see what is actually selling and get ideas.

Corrie
http://www.corrieweb.nl

Email   IP Logged

About Us     Artists     Artist FAQ     Blog     Card Sellers     Contact Us     Content Disclaimer     Forum     Paper Card Categories     Privacy Policy     Shopper FAQ     Holidays 2011

Click to verify BBB accreditation and to see a BBB report.                        
© Copyright 2000- Greeting Card Universe - Powered By Bigdates-Solutions.com   

GCU Forum » Powered by YaBB 2.1!
YaBB © 2000-2005. All Rights Reserved.