Welcome, Guest Login
You must login or register to post.

Card Titles (Read 933 times)
Cheryl_190023

Card Titles
Nov 11th, 2020, 5:32am

Hi. I have been with gcu for a while now and am helping out a brand new fellow artist here.  She is having her card titles rejected for simple punctuation such as commas and dashes, but I have never had this issue. Have the rules changed? I see that new cards from other artists have the same punctuation but were approved. Thank you all so much in advance. And blessings of lots of sells to all of you.

Cheryl

Email   IP Logged
Lisa_214209

Re: Card Titles
Reply #1 - Nov 12th, 2020, 4:19am

Rejected or returned for edits? I have had designs come back to me with punctuation or title comments, but I have been allowed to edit them and then resubmit. To date, I haven't had a design rejected because of a title.

La Belle Paperie, Artistic Greeting Cards:
http://www.greetingcarduniverse.com/LaBellePaperie
Email   IP Logged
Jay_134502
artist

Reply #2 - Nov 12th, 2020, 9:22am

No punctuation allowed in card titles. This has to do with search engines and your cards getting found. If you look at the last hundreds of “new cards” you will only find a very few with punctuation. They just slipped by the reviewers.  
Jay

Email   IP Logged
Jay_134502
artist

Reply #3 - Nov 12th, 2020, 5:58pm

Here is a post from the GCU Blog about card titles.  

https://gcucommunity.com/2020/08/28/nuts-and-bolts-cardtitle-no-punctuation/

Email   IP Logged
Cheryl_190023

Reply #4 - Nov 15th, 2020, 9:37am

Thank you both so much! You have been a world of help. I guess things have changed since I last submitted any cards.  

Cheryl

Email   IP Logged

About Us     Artists     Artist FAQ     Blog     Card Sellers     Contact Us     Content Disclaimer     Forum     Paper Card Categories     Privacy Policy     Shopper FAQ     Holidays 2011

Click to verify BBB accreditation and to see a BBB report.                        
© Copyright 2000- Greeting Card Universe - Powered By Bigdates-Solutions.com   

GCU Forum » Powered by YaBB 2.1!
YaBB © 2000-2005. All Rights Reserved.