Welcome, Guest Login
You must login or register to post.

Using artist commissions to pay for cards (Read 334 times)
Alda_133805
artist

Using artist commissions to pay for cards
May 24th, 2023, 5:01am

Hi all,
I find it very difficult to use the GCU artist discount code and commissions to pay for cards when I order them. I have to input the information several times before it applies them and then when I go to confirm the order it sometimes takes me to the page that asks for credit card info. After several attempts I am finally able to get it to work, however I think it's taking the full card price from my commissions instead of the discounted price. Can anyone explain this to me please? Thanks much.

Email   IP Logged
Mindy_artist
artist

Re: Using artist commissions to pay for cards
Reply #1 - Jun 1st, 2023, 1:18pm

Hello,
This should be as simple as entering the artist promotion code into the Promo Code box on the In Cart page.  It will display a line item discount in your total amount due in red and you should see this under the promo code box confirming it's been applied:
Special $1.70 pricing for artists  

In addition, you can apply your earnings to pay for / a portion of your balance due via this just below the promo code box:
» Use my artist commissions to pay for this order   ($XX.XX available)

You should see this under the promo code box confirmation it's been applied:
Apply earned commissions ($X.XX)

As orders have shipping, handling, postage fees there may still be a nominal amount due if your commissions amount does not cover it.

We will take a peek at some of your orders and email you as to what we find.  

please note: this is posted from my artist forum id vs my GCU Community Manager admin id due to technical access issues

Email   IP Logged
Alda_133805
artist

Reply #2 - Jun 1st, 2023, 1:40pm

Thanks. I would appreciate you looking into it. I know how to apply the codes, etc. It's just not user friendly.  
Please let me know what you find out. Smiley

Email   IP Logged
Mindy_artist
artist

Reply #3 - Jun 1st, 2023, 1:50pm

Ok, posting for all as the process is working as it should.

The order summary does look odd that it does not show the reduced price for the artist promo code and only shows the commissions amount removed.

For example:

Order Total for XXXXXX
Subtotal: $3.89
Tax: $0.15
Postage: $0.63
Discount: $4.67
Total: $0.00

The $4.67 line item discount is a COMBINED amount of the card price discount AND the applied commissions. That would be $2.19 discount for artist card price ($3.89 - $1.70 = $2.19) plus $2.48 applied commissions (1.70 card price + .15 tax + .63 postage).  

You can see the breakout by going to your Order History and looking at the details of the order.  Here for example:
       Used Coupons      Discount        
     Special $1.70 pricing for artists (promo code) $2.19        
     Apply earned commissions ($2.47) (promo code: commission)

Let me now if you have additional questions.

please note: this is posted from my artist forum id vs my GCU Community Manager admin id due to technical access issues

Email   IP Logged

About Us     Artists     Artist FAQ     Blog     Card Sellers     Contact Us     Content Disclaimer     Forum     Paper Card Categories     Privacy Policy     Shopper FAQ     Holidays 2011

Click to verify BBB accreditation and to see a BBB report.                        
© Copyright 2000- Greeting Card Universe - Powered By Bigdates-Solutions.com   

GCU Forum » Powered by YaBB 2.1!
YaBB © 2000-2005. All Rights Reserved.