Welcome, Guest Login
You must login or register to post.

Destruction of my store by a reviewer (Read 1067 times)
Rosanne_132497
Gold Member
artist

Destruction of my store by a reviewer
Apr 17th, 2023, 6:47pm

Dear GCU management and fellow artists,

I have decided to close my store tomorrow. I have been a GCU artist since 2007 and have sold thousands of cards. In the last month, a GCU reviewer has been going through my store systematically declining nearly all of my cards, despite them having been approved previously. I had no issue with some of the declines since they had either never sold or only had a small number of sales. Those I chalked up to experience. However, several days ago, a best-seller card that had sold over 3000 times (not bulk sales) was declined with the reason "Marketability - No Thank You", and today this reviewer declined my other best-seller cards for the same reason. These cards were in the top 10 in their individual large categories, sold almost every day and had been doing so for years.  

I will not beg to have my cards reinstated. It is clear to me that GCU and I have very different views of what the public actually wants. It is not worth my while, given the tiny royalties we receive, to beg for card reinstatement or waste countless hours reworking the ridiculous number of cards that were returned for trivial edits.

Best of luck to you all.

Regards,

Rosanne Casu
Red Rose Digital Art

Red Rose Digital Art Greeting Cards:
http://www.greetingcarduniverse.com/RedRoseDigitalArt
Email   IP Logged
Cherie_131661
artist

Re: Destruction of my store by a reviewer
Reply #1 - Apr 18th, 2023, 8:33am

Dear Rosanne,

Thank you, on behalf of the artists who are passionate and love what they do, and are most certainly affected by the actions of others that we can neither control nor comprehend. Understanding that designing for others is  accepting that anything can change at any time, which is out of our control. We just have to move on and do what we have to do.

I wish you well and good fortune! Hope to see you on other design sites, continue to create and take care!
Cherie

Email   IP Logged
Rosanne_132497
Gold Member
artist

Reply #2 - Apr 18th, 2023, 3:35pm

Dear Cherie,

Thank you very much for your very kind and supportive words. You are the only person to reach out to me. I wish you continued great success in your endeavours, both here and elsewhere.

Kind regards,

Rosanne

Quote from Cherie_131661 on Apr 18th, 2023, 8:33am:
Dear Rosanne,

Thank you, on behalf of the artists who are passionate and love what they do, and are most certainly affected by the actions of others that we can neither control nor comprehend. Understanding that designing for others is  accepting that anything can change at any time, which is out of our control. We just have to move on and do what we have to do.

I wish you well and good fortune! Hope to see you on other design sites, continue to create and take care!
Cherie

Red Rose Digital Art Greeting Cards:
http://www.greetingcarduniverse.com/RedRoseDigitalArt
Email   IP Logged
Mindy_artist
artist

Reply #3 - Apr 18th, 2023, 4:38pm

Hello Rosanne,
With your original post not quite 24 hours ago, I'd hope to have more time to reply to your concerns.  

The store re-review has been an ongoing process since January 2012, bringing older cards up to Submission Guidelines standards. We realize and acknowledge that it is a painful process that can be emotionally draining especially as it progresses.  

Please see here, Site-wide Re-review:
http://www.greetingcarduniverse.com/forum/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1421879451

Back in 2015 we issued these specific reminders to artists in awareness and preparation:  
1. do not be surprised if your older cards are being declined or returned for edits  
2. read the comments in your decline or return email and be sure to refer to the Submission Guidelines for details  
3. we urge artists to do some weeding of their own - weed before we do!  
4. reviewers do not have access to sales data so if you feel a strong selling card has been declined simply send the card review team an email for reconsideration and it will be forwarded to me.  Strong sales = substantial, recent, frequent and relevant  

As for your top selling cards that were declined, I did see that the reviewer followed up with detailed reasons for the card(s) decline / returned for edits.  

I am sorry if you feel that sharing your strong selling cards to us for reconsideration is begging. It is not intended nor viewed as that; this process is and requires teamwork.  

We are sorry about your decision to leave, but respect your decision and wish you the best in your future artistic endeavors.  

please note: this is posted from my artist forum id vs my GCU Community Manager admin id due to technical access issues

Email   IP Logged
Christine__136991
artist

Reply #4 - Apr 19th, 2023, 4:45am

I agree with you Roseanne!  I'm deleting my store today.  One specific card that I've had here since 2009 and sold over 5,000 has been submitted for editing along with many more.  Sorry, GCU but your site is no longer worth my time.  There are many more sites where I can sell my cards and make more royalty.

Email   IP Logged
Mindy_artist
artist

Reply #5 - Apr 19th, 2023, 11:53am

Quote from Christine__136991 on Apr 19th, 2023, 4:45am:
I agree with you Roseanne!  I'm deleting my store today.  One specific card that I've had here since 2009 and sold over 5,000 has been submitted for editing along with many more.  Sorry, GCU but your site is no longer worth my time.  There are many more sites where I can sell my cards and make more royalty.  

I'm sorry you do not see the value in investing in your GCU storefront.  

The edit requested on your top selling card was in an effort to avoid customer issues. A simple edit to remove excessive space in your inside verse. Adding extra spaces creates a lot of unnecessary space showing beneath the inside verse that will negatively affect the shoppers ability to add anything else to the inside text.

This edit would have required 5 mins of your time.

May your future artistic endeavors be enjoyable and fruitful.  

please note: this is posted from my artist forum id vs my GCU Community Manager admin id due to technical access issues

Email   IP Logged

About Us     Artists     Artist FAQ     Blog     Card Sellers     Contact Us     Content Disclaimer     Forum     Paper Card Categories     Privacy Policy     Shopper FAQ     Holidays 2011

Click to verify BBB accreditation and to see a BBB report.                        
© Copyright 2000- Greeting Card Universe - Powered By Bigdates-Solutions.com   

GCU Forum » Powered by YaBB 2.1!
YaBB © 2000-2005. All Rights Reserved.