Welcome, Guest Login
You must login or register to post.

Please Help Need Jpeg Advice (Read 493 times)
Cheryl_190023

Please Help Need Jpeg Advice
Mar 18th, 2022, 6:51am

Hi Everyone! I'm wondering what happens - as far as card quality - when I download my cards from the Manage Cards section on GCU in order to upload to another pod site to sell them; I do not store all my files on my computer, so I just go to GCU and choose certain ones to download. If I simply download them, and then go to Downloads on my computer and click on them one by one to upload to my other pod site, do they lose quality? Is this the best way? Before, I was opening the images in photoshop and then resaving them as jpegs, which I just realized is a bad idea. Any suggestions would be so appreciated. Thanks! Cheryl

Email   IP Logged
Mary_Melinda_412298

Re: Please Help Need Jpeg Advice
Reply #1 - Mar 19th, 2022, 3:20pm

I don't know why you don't want to keep your original files backed up on your computer, but I would suggest doing that in the future. It's really the best practice. As for files that you already have to download, I'm not sure how much compression the site would use for a file. If you just re-upload the jpeg from your downloads it shouldn't lose any quality from what you downloaded. It will only lose quality if you re-save it. But like I said, I don't know what the quality of the downloaded file is to begin with and it may not be as high as your original.

Email   IP Logged
Cheryl_190023

Re: Please Help Need Jpeg Advice
Reply #2 - Mar 19th, 2022, 3:46pm

Thank you so much! I will take your advice and store my files in the future. Thanks again. I hope you have a great weekend.  Smiley

Email   IP Logged

About Us     Artists     Artist FAQ     Blog     Card Sellers     Contact Us     Content Disclaimer     Forum     Paper Card Categories     Privacy Policy     Shopper FAQ     Holidays 2011

Click to verify BBB accreditation and to see a BBB report.                        
© Copyright 2000- Greeting Card Universe - Powered By Bigdates-Solutions.com   

GCU Forum » Powered by YaBB 2.1!
YaBB © 2000-2005. All Rights Reserved.