Welcome, Guest Login
You must login or register to post.

March 2022 Design Challenge - Fusion Design (Read 541 times)
Mindy
GCU Administrator
Community Manager

March 2022 Design Challenge - Fusion Design
Mar 3rd, 2022, 10:40am

Excited for another put your thinking caps on kind of challenge!  What on the list inspires, speaks to, or challenges you?  Welcome March and welcome the challenge:

March 2022 Design Challenge        
……………………………………………………………          

Theme: Fusion Design
……………………………………………………………          

Requirements:
- Create a brand new design by choosing at least three objects from the list of eight objects below and creating a greeting card design. You may use more than three, all of them, or add additional items, including people and animals – but a minimum of three from the list must be clearly visible and important elements in the overall card design and message:
sandal – needle & thread – shovel – newspaper – window – chocolate – picture frame – candle

- Write your own verse/message, be creative and write a message that clearly speaks to your imagery, occasion and recipient.
- Blank verse will not be considered for entry in this challenge.
- ONE card per artist per challenge.

CATEGORY: Any of the category that fits your message

……………………………………………………………          

Entry Deadline: Thursday, March 31st
……………………………………………………………          

Please see more details on March's Design Challenge here on the Community blog:      
https://gcucommunity.com/2022/03/01/dash-of-inspiration-march-2022-design-challe
nge/

Fun Fact: this is one of my personal favorite challenges!

Email   IP Logged
Mindy
GCU Administrator
Community Manager

Re: March 2022 Design Challenge - Fusion Design
Reply #1 - Mar 21st, 2022, 5:08pm

Welcome to Spring!  

Just 10 days left to enter March's Design Challenge - Fusion designs are a little more challenging so don't wait until the last day to start your brainstorming!

Email   IP Logged
Mindy
GCU Administrator
Community Manager

Reply #2 - Apr 1st, 2022, 3:14pm

Voting is underway!   Cool

Email   IP Logged
Mindy
GCU Administrator
Community Manager

Reply #3 - Apr 6th, 2022, 7:42pm

And the winners from the Fusion challenge are our continued winning duo ...

First Place - Laurie Schneider
https://www.greetingcarduniverse.com/thank-you-cards/wedding-attendants-bridal-p arty/service-providers/seamstress-dress-maker/thank-you-to-seamstress-a-1729112

Second Place - Betsy Bush of Dragonfire Graphics
https://www.greetingcarduniverse.com/birthday/birth-month-specific/december/gene ral-december-birthday/december-birthday-snowman-thinking-birthday-1729884

I find this to be one of the hardest challenges.  Thank you to the entrants for putting forth the effort to design outside of the box.  And a big thank you to both Laurie and Betsy for entering just about every Design Challenge and being committed to trying something new and outside of your comfort zones.

April brings a Stock Card Creations challenge, Sports:
https://gcucommunity.com/2022/04/01/dash-of-inspiration-april-2022-stock-design-
challenge/

Email   IP Logged
Laurie_139933
Gold Member
artist

Reply #4 - Apr 7th, 2022, 2:33pm

Thank you so much for your monthly design challenges they are something I look forward to! I do not understand why more people do not enter, they are fun and do challenge you and get you out of my comfort zone. Smiley Congratulations Besty, very cute card, I love it! Take care, Laurie

Email   IP Logged
Betsy_145102
Gold Member
artist

Reply #5 - Apr 16th, 2022, 10:48am

Thank you, Laurie, the same to you! Congratulations on a lovely design!  
Thanks so much, GCU for choosing me for second place!
I am in agreement to what Laurie said, I look forward to the challenges, I always am surprised by how the themes make me try something I would never have thought of! I would be delighted if more artists would give it a go!

Email   IP Logged

About Us     Artists     Artist FAQ     Blog     Card Sellers     Contact Us     Content Disclaimer     Forum     Paper Card Categories     Privacy Policy     Shopper FAQ     Holidays 2011

Click to verify BBB accreditation and to see a BBB report.                        
© Copyright 2000- Greeting Card Universe - Powered By Bigdates-Solutions.com   

GCU Forum » Powered by YaBB 2.1!
YaBB © 2000-2005. All Rights Reserved.