Welcome, Guest Login
You must login or register to post.

Text on front of cards (Read 632 times)
Christine__136991
artist

Text on front of cards
Nov 20th, 2021, 6:06am

Hi, just wondering if there will be an option in the future when we can add text here to the front of our cards.  
When I add text elsewhere to the front of my cards, the font doesn't match the limited text font options here and I'd like the inside text to match the front.  Thanks for any information.

Email   IP Logged
Doreen_137017
Gold Member
artist

Re: Text on front of cards
Reply #1 - Nov 20th, 2021, 7:32am

Hi Christine -
Not sure I understand your question entirely and certainly can not speak to what GCU may offer in the future, but -

We can add card front text now at GCU, have been able to for years. As far as the selection of card front fonts and verse area fonts matching and/or their ability to match our card front, well that is and probably will continue to be a challenge on all sites, including GCU.

It's not important for the fonts from card front to verse area be a solid match, it's learning how to pair fonts so they blend well with each other, even though they are not the same font.

Keep tuned in to the Community Blog. I'll be writing a Font Pairing article for late December/January which may be of help to you.

Email   IP Logged
Mary_Melinda_412298

Reply #2 - Nov 20th, 2021, 9:34am

If you are concerned about using the same font on the front image that you design on your own computer as you will use inside the card here, there are a number of the available fonts that you can find online if you don't already have them on your computer. But, as Doreen said, learning to coordinate them is important. I don't claim to be very good at typography but I do my best. My wish for this site would be to have a few more choices for front custom text fonts, especially script types of fonts.

Email   IP Logged
Christine__136991
artist

Reply #3 - Nov 23rd, 2021, 2:59am

Thanks so much for your reply.  I may be missing it, but I can't find the "add text" option when creating the front of my card.  Can you please advise?  Thanks!

Email   IP Logged
Doreen_137017
Gold Member
artist

Reply #4 - Nov 23rd, 2021, 7:38am

Quote from Christine__136991 on Nov 23rd, 2021, 2:59am:
Thanks so much for your reply.  I may be missing it, but I can't find the "add text" option when creating the front of my card.  Can you please advise?  Thanks!

There are MANY steps to creating a Custom Front card, Christine, but of course GCU has tutorials and we veteran artists are here on the forum if you get stuck and need a question answered. Smiley

A good place to start is http://www.gcuwiki.com/gcuu.html - The GCU University, the 2nd to last video - Creating Custom Front Cards - is the one to watch.

Then also some articles with tips on the Community Blog which are worth reading:

https://gcucommunity.com/2012/10/22/dash-of-inspiration-custom-front-card-tips/

https://gcucommunity.com/2016/02/15/dash-of-inspiration-coordinating-custom/

Good luck, Christine and I'm here to help if I can.

Email   IP Logged
Christine__136991
artist

Reply #5 - Nov 23rd, 2021, 1:18pm

Thanks so much Doreen.  Unfortunately, when I clicked on the video it said it was unavailable.  I'll keep trying though.

Email   IP Logged
Doreen_137017
Gold Member
artist

Reply #6 - Nov 23rd, 2021, 2:53pm

Quote from Christine__136991 on Nov 23rd, 2021, 1:18pm:
Thanks so much Doreen.  Unfortunately, when I clicked on the video it said it was unavailable.  I'll keep trying though.

You're right none of them are loading. I'll report it. I'm sure GCU doesn't know until someone tells them.  

Maybe it's an easy fix. Smiley

Email   IP Logged
Christine__136991
artist

Reply #7 - Dec 3rd, 2021, 5:53am

I did get an email that GCU was looking into the problem.  I just tried again and was directed to You Tube video but screen was blank and it said "Private Video" and that I had to sign in to view.  It that normal?  I didn't want to sign and view if not normal.  I also sent an email to GCU about this.

Email   IP Logged
Doreen_137017
Gold Member
artist

Reply #8 - Dec 3rd, 2021, 6:39am

Hi Christine - I get the same thing as you - and - no, it's not normal. These videos should just play. I'm glad you let GCU know. I'm guessing the changes at youtube require some slight adjustments on GCUs end to play these videos or they need to be moved to a different platform.

Great to hear they are aware and working on it, and keeping you informed. Smiley

Email   IP Logged

About Us     Artists     Artist FAQ     Blog     Card Sellers     Contact Us     Content Disclaimer     Forum     Paper Card Categories     Privacy Policy     Shopper FAQ     Holidays 2011

Click to verify BBB accreditation and to see a BBB report.                        
© Copyright 2000- Greeting Card Universe - Powered By Bigdates-Solutions.com   

GCU Forum » Powered by YaBB 2.1!
YaBB © 2000-2005. All Rights Reserved.