Welcome, Guest Login
You must login or register to post.

Scanning Artwork (Read 569 times)
Cheryl_190023

Scanning Artwork
Sep 5th, 2021, 7:00am

Hi Everyone. Quick question: I'm wondering when I scan my artwork, I know I should use at least 300 dpi but should I also set the scanner to the target size (in inches) I want my artwork printed at, or just leave the scanner at default, which I think just scans it at the actual physical size?

Thank you all so much!
Cheryl

Email   IP Logged
Mary_Melinda_412298

Re: Scanning Artwork
Reply #1 - Sep 10th, 2021, 12:43pm

dpi and inches won't matter as long as your card image ends up at 1500 x 2100 pixels. I scan my artwork for a variety of uses and always leave my scanner set at 800 dpi. For my cards I resize the image in increments until it gets to the correct size. You get a better quality if you size it down in steps of around 10% or so at a time. I guess if you are only using your art for cards then you could save some work by scanning at a resolution that would end up fitting into your 1500 x 2100 pixels card design. I hope that is some help.

Email   IP Logged
Cheryl_190023

Re: Scanning Artwork
Reply #2 - Sep 10th, 2021, 12:47pm

Thank you so much! Great advice. : )

Email   IP Logged

About Us     Artists     Artist FAQ     Blog     Card Sellers     Contact Us     Content Disclaimer     Forum     Paper Card Categories     Privacy Policy     Shopper FAQ     Holidays 2011

Click to verify BBB accreditation and to see a BBB report.                        
© Copyright 2000- Greeting Card Universe - Powered By Bigdates-Solutions.com   

GCU Forum » Powered by YaBB 2.1!
YaBB © 2000-2005. All Rights Reserved.