Welcome, Guest Login
You must login or register to post.

Threshold Amount Suddenly Increased (Read 1171 times)
Joyce_133459
artist

Threshold Amount Suddenly Increased
Mar 9th, 2021, 11:41am

Did I miss a memo somewhere?  I just now noticed that the threshold for this quarter went up to $250.00.  I had already reached the previous one, which was $150.00.  Kind of takes the wind out of my sails at this point and definitely just cut my enthusiasm for creating cards here by quite a bit ... Not sure if a heads up would have made a difference, but it would have been nice. Sad

Email   IP Logged
Cheryl_190023

Re: Threshold Amount Suddenly Increased
Reply #1 - Mar 9th, 2021, 11:55am

I see that too now...how disappointing!  Shocked

Ps. Just checked out your site. What lovely cards!

Email   IP Logged
Joyce_133459
artist

Reply #2 - Mar 9th, 2021, 12:32pm

Thank you for checking out my cards and for your kind comment, Cheryl!

Yes, very disappointing to see that threshold suddenly go up.  I had great incentive up to this point and have to admit that it's deflated a fair bit right now!

Email   IP Logged
Joyce_133459
artist

Reply #3 - Mar 9th, 2021, 1:28pm

Now I see that they have even raised the threshold for the fourth quarter (just gone by) to $500.00 .... and that is so stated in my earnings from the PAST fourth quarter ... which is already paid out! Even so it says that I have not reached it.  I did reach the initial threshold of 300.00 and was paid accordingly.   Strange that this is now making it look like the 500.00 threshold was in place at that time when it wasn't!

Email   IP Logged
Cheryl_190023

Reply #4 - Mar 9th, 2021, 1:35pm

Huh Very strange

Email   IP Logged
Mary_Melinda_412298

Reply #5 - Mar 9th, 2021, 1:36pm

I am so disappointed. I was about $3 from making the threshold amount for the first time. Now I'm wondering what the point is of all of my hard work if the goal post keeps moving farther away.  Sad

Email   IP Logged
Olga_378530
GCU Newbies

Reply #6 - Mar 9th, 2021, 2:36pm

I’ve just seen it, too Sad( Very disappointed! I was a few dollars away from reaching my quarterly threshold; there’s no way I can make it to $250.  
Changing a threshold towards the end of a quarter without an announcement is unfair. Is there any way to contact the site administrators/owners and ask what the hell?

Email   IP Logged
Joyce_133459
artist

Reply #7 - Mar 9th, 2021, 2:52pm

I agree that it seems unfair.  I had already reached the goal for this quarter and now it's been taken away.  So strange that there was no announcement and no warning that this would happen.  It's definitely taken the joy out of the effort I've been putting into my shop here!

Email   IP Logged
Lisa_214209

Reply #8 - Mar 9th, 2021, 3:59pm

This is news to me. I'm surprised that it would go up without any notice to the shop owners. Unless I missed a post in the forum about it?  
It seems like a strange thing to do suddenly, without an announcement.  

La Belle Paperie, Artistic Greeting Cards:
http://www.greetingcarduniverse.com/LaBellePaperie
Email   IP Logged
Mary_Melinda_412298

Reply #9 - Mar 9th, 2021, 4:02pm

I've posted in the Support Forum to see if we can get any official word about the change.

Email   IP Logged
Mary_Melinda_412298

Reply #10 - Mar 9th, 2021, 4:57pm

Apparently this was announced last year: http://www.greetingcarduniverse.com/forum/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1607734655 and I somehow missed it. Wish I would have seen it so it wouldn't have been such an unpleasant shock today.

Email   IP Logged
Lisa_214209

Reply #11 - Mar 9th, 2021, 5:05pm

I'm glad you were able to find and share the post. It seemed odd that it would change without any notice.
Thank you for sharing.

La Belle Paperie, Artistic Greeting Cards:
http://www.greetingcarduniverse.com/LaBellePaperie
Email   IP Logged
Joyce_133459
artist

Reply #12 - Mar 10th, 2021, 12:53am

Thank you for the link, Mary_Melinda!  It still seems strange that it wouldn't have been implemented and made obvious at the very beginning of this first quarter so those of us who missed the announcement wouldn't have been so taken aback.  It should have been obvious on Jan. 1 that the threshold for this quarter was 250.00.  As it is, many of us spent the last two and half months thinking we were nearing (or at) the threshold and suddenly it got yanked away. For the last few weeks my statistics said "Threshold Reached" and now, of course, that is no longer the case. Gives me a bit a bad taste in my mouth for sure.

Email   IP Logged

About Us     Artists     Artist FAQ     Blog     Card Sellers     Contact Us     Content Disclaimer     Forum     Paper Card Categories     Privacy Policy     Shopper FAQ     Holidays 2011

Click to verify BBB accreditation and to see a BBB report.                        
© Copyright 2000- Greeting Card Universe - Powered By Bigdates-Solutions.com   

GCU Forum » Powered by YaBB 2.1!
YaBB © 2000-2005. All Rights Reserved.