Welcome, Guest Login
You must login or register to post.

Bleeds - Just Need a little advice (Read 2140 times)
SunAtNight_145914
Gold Member
artist

Bleeds - Just Need a little advice
Feb 27th, 2021, 2:24pm

I need a little assistance with my bleed. I haven't really been up on the latest reviewer changes. In the past I was given advice that bleeds need to be noticeable bleeds. That meant cutting off elements noticeably. So that the customer realizes that it was a bleed. The background is using an original pattern fill (Illustrator). Not the repeat function. I did specify in my notes to the reviewer that it was meant to be bleed. I'm not complaining, just stating the facts.  

Any way that I position the pattern fill, I get the same thing (elements cut off using the guide)

http://www.sunatnight.com/images/Fluttering%20Birthday-01.jpg  

Any help would be appreciated. I just need to get a feel for the bleeds again. I always work with bleeds and well I'm sort of feeling awkward asking for help.

Email   IP Logged
Anne_428508
GCU Newbies

Re: Bleeds - Just Need a little advice
Reply #1 - Feb 27th, 2021, 2:57pm

Pretty! If you like how it looks on a diagonal, it might be easier to work the bleed without worrying about the edges.

Email   IP Logged
SunAtNight_145914
Gold Member
artist

Reply #2 - Feb 27th, 2021, 4:24pm

Quote from Anne_428508 on Feb 27th, 2021, 2:57pm:
Pretty! If you like how it looks on a diagonal, it might be easier to work the bleed without worrying about the edges.

Yep, I tried that too. Because it is just a rotation the pattern is still at the same place. I've tried re-positioning it but I get only get 2 of the sides not correct. I've tried making the scale % smaller and larger. I guess, I'm going to have scrap this pattern and re-do it. I've done everything I can think of.

Email   IP Logged
Doreen_137017
Gold Member
artist

Reply #3 - Feb 27th, 2021, 4:25pm

I wouldn't think diagonal would work on this design, but ...

What I do is use the template overlay while designing and any elements in a pattern which are cut off I remove whenever possible.  

What looks odd to customers is when a pattern, like this one, has additional elements with the plaid that are cutoff. I think if you can make the edges of the pattern be the plaid without the added elements and let the plaid bleed off, you'd get approval.

Email   IP Logged
SunAtNight_145914
Gold Member
artist

Reply #4 - Mar 12th, 2021, 9:43am

Quote from Doreen_137017 on Feb 27th, 2021, 4:25pm:

What I do is use the template overlay while designing and any elements in a pattern which are cut off I remove whenever possible.

What looks odd to customers is when a pattern, like this one, has additional elements with the plaid that are cutoff. I think if you can make the edges of the pattern be the plaid without the added elements and let the plaid bleed off, you'd get approval.

I've tried making a new pattern adjusting the plaid. I tried making it a repeat. I just couldn't get this through QC. I couldn't get the plaid to work. I just deleted it.  

Thank you to everyone who replied.

Email   IP Logged
SunAtNight_145914
Gold Member
artist

Reply #5 - Mar 29th, 2021, 3:37pm

Quote from Doreen_137017 on Feb 27th, 2021, 4:25pm:

Update - I ended up deleting the card. However, I did do a complete overhaul on the background and I submitted the new one. It's just one of things where you tuck it away for another day and everything will come out well.

Email   IP Logged

About Us     Artists     Artist FAQ     Blog     Card Sellers     Contact Us     Content Disclaimer     Forum     Paper Card Categories     Privacy Policy     Shopper FAQ     Holidays 2011

Click to verify BBB accreditation and to see a BBB report.                        
© Copyright 2000- Greeting Card Universe - Powered By Bigdates-Solutions.com   

GCU Forum » Powered by YaBB 2.1!
YaBB © 2000-2005. All Rights Reserved.