Welcome, Guest Login
You must login or register to post.

Difficulty Updating Images for Grad Photo Cards (Read 956 times)
Christi_179654
artist

Difficulty Updating Images for Grad Photo Cards
Feb 26th, 2021, 2:03pm

Hi,

I’m hoping someone can help me with a problem I’m having while attempting to change out graduation congratulations photo cards.

While the standard card had no problem being replaced with the updated image and now shows successfully in the marketplace, the two photo cards still show the 2020 image.  When I go back in to the change image page, it still shows the 2021 card, even though the image wasn’t updated to manage cards or the marketplace.

I have cleared cache, history, etc.; I deleted my desktop png files and saved new ones from the layered files; and after changing images back to the 2020 versions, I deleted the old 2021 pngs and uploaded the recently saved ones.  This was all done in Firefox.

So after the initial failed image change, I cleared cache, etc. and swapped out all the initial 2021 files with newly produced ones.  It didn’t work.

As an added twist, all of these cards now have very dark thumbnails on the manage cards page.  Even though the standard card shows normally in the marketplace, it’s thumbnail is also very dark, on manage cards and in a suggestions/recently viewed sidebar I noticed at one point.

At this point, I think the problem is on the GCU end.  Will someone please look into this for me?

Thank you, thank you, thank you, in advance.

Christi Madden

Email   IP Logged
Doreen_137017
Gold Member
artist

Re: Difficulty Updating Images for Grad Photo Card
Reply #1 - Feb 26th, 2021, 2:49pm

The darkened thumbnail images in our stores is a known problem that has been there since about October last year, so no need to report or worry about that.

As to the rest of your issue, I'm sorry not to be of help and not sure what exactly the issue is. I've swapped all of mine and it worked just fine.  

Updating to the marketplace can take a bit of time, sometimes overnight, but refreshing the manage cards page always works for me.

Email   IP Logged
Mindy
GCU Administrator
Community Manager

Reply #2 - Apr 15th, 2021, 3:15pm

Thank you and yes we are working on this which other artists have experienced while updating older cards for the new year of graduations.

It appears that although the updated image is not showing on the site it IS being used for the shopper's order.

Thank you for the details and we will continue to work on resolving this.

Email   IP Logged
Mindy
GCU Administrator
Community Manager

Reply #3 - Apr 16th, 2021, 5:03pm

In an effort to pinpoint the potential issues please try one or both of the following and share results here on impacted cards:

1. file type mismatch - make sure the updated image is the same file type that was uploaded for the original image (png vs jpg)  

2. Try removing the stock photo used as the place holder photo and re add it to the design.

Any results after trying these would be helpful, thank you!

Email   IP Logged
Christi_179654
artist

Reply #4 - Apr 18th, 2021, 3:10am

Hi, Mindy,

Success!

Removing the stock photo and re-adding it worked.  The 2021 card images showed immediately on both the Manage Cards and Marketplace pages.

Thank you for your help!
Christi

Email   IP Logged
Mindy
GCU Administrator
Community Manager

Reply #5 - May 6th, 2021, 3:37pm

Awesome, thank you for reporting back!

Quote from Christi_179654 on Apr 18th, 2021, 3:10am:
Hi, Mindy,

Success!

Removing the stock photo and re-adding it worked.  The 2021 card images showed immediately on both the Manage Cards and Marketplace pages.

Thank you for your help!
Christi

Email   IP Logged

About Us     Artists     Artist FAQ     Blog     Card Sellers     Contact Us     Content Disclaimer     Forum     Paper Card Categories     Privacy Policy     Shopper FAQ     Holidays 2011

Click to verify BBB accreditation and to see a BBB report.                        
© Copyright 2000- Greeting Card Universe - Powered By Bigdates-Solutions.com   

GCU Forum » Powered by YaBB 2.1!
YaBB © 2000-2005. All Rights Reserved.