Welcome, Guest Login
You must login or register to post.

Need Help for Custom Request (Read 2694 times)
Evelyn_142919
artist

Need Help for Custom Request
Oct 23rd, 2020, 5:17pm

Hi everyone,
This is my first custom request and I'm stuck. After a search to find info on how to go about it turned up nothing, I forged on. I made the card as requested with my photo editing software, uploaded it and fast-tracked it. When I didn't hear anything back, I tried another way: brought up the View Custom Card Request page. I clicked on Upload Finished Card. I uploaded the image again and filled out the categories, etc. again. Chose Custom Card Front, Make available in Private Gallery, Waive review boxes. Then came to Edit Custom Front page; I had already done this as Step #1. Now I can't leave that page w/o "defining transparent areas". Help.  Huh
Evie

Email   IP Logged
Doreen_137017
Gold Member
artist

Re: Need Help for Custom Request
Reply #1 - Oct 23rd, 2020, 6:53pm

Hi Evie -

Not seeing what the card is makes helping difficult, but ...

Where you are now is because you choose CUSTOM instead of STANDARD for card type. CUSTOM is for cards where the artist has left a transparent area for a photo placeholder the customer uses to add their own photo - AND/OR - to add custom front text a customer may change to their own name (for example).

IF the card you created was not intended for either of these two custom features, then you need to go back and create a STANDARD type card.  

Don't know if this is helpful.

Email   IP Logged
Evelyn_142919
artist

Re: Need Help for Custom Request
Reply #2 - Oct 24th, 2020, 5:33am

Yes, your answer is very helpful. Thanks!  Smiley

Email   IP Logged

About Us     Artists     Artist FAQ     Blog     Card Sellers     Contact Us     Content Disclaimer     Forum     Paper Card Categories     Privacy Policy     Shopper FAQ     Holidays 2011

Click to verify BBB accreditation and to see a BBB report.                        
© Copyright 2000- Greeting Card Universe - Powered By Bigdates-Solutions.com   

GCU Forum » Powered by YaBB 2.1!
YaBB © 2000-2005. All Rights Reserved.